Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

West Side Looking Good

6,784 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rsemingson
SabineAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Received this picture from a friend who flew over College Station last week. I wish he could of zoomed in a little more and the "Home of the 12th Man" sign was more visible in the image, but still very exciting to see how far the stadium has come and how close it is to completion

http://i.imgur.com/DYWEWcx.jpg

I'm pretty new to this whole posting deal, so here's the link just in case the image doesnt show: http://imgur.com/DYWEWcx
ABATTBQ11
AG
Rainbow looking seats

NTTAWWT
Sid Farkas
AG
Unenclosed third deck corners.

2/10 wnb
chipotle
Hey you know what? When it's full of ags and rocking...it will still be asymmetrical.
knoxtom
looks like a tackle box
Ridge14
All that work and they just leave trash and spare parts on the side of the stadium. That along with the landscaping (dirt) leaves much to be desired.

redd38
AG
How was he able to fly that close without drones causing his plane to crash?
Ridge14
quote:
How was he able to fly that close without drones causing his plane to crash?
Good question.

aggieaviator we need your explanation and a statement on all FAA rules and regulations again.
MidTnAg
AG
Still don't see how it can be completely finished in time. Massive undertaking. Looks great so far.
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
Still don't see how it can be completely finished in time. Massive undertaking. Looks great so far.

Are you an expert in the field of large-scale construction projects?
hunter2012
AG
OP's picture:

TulaneAg
I was just there this weekend running the tri aggieland and was thinking they've got a ton of work to do in 6+ weeks...and I have a few $100-250M buildings under my belt fwiw.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:

Are you an expert in the field of large-scale construction projects?
He obviously built all of mid town...
wbt5845
AG
We opened Kyle field before while renovations were still ongoing. Hell, we opened the new third deck on the east side with only something like three sections open in 1978.

I'm guessing there will still be a ton of stuff to finish outside the stadium come first game. There will be a lot of concession stands not finished. People will moan and gripe. Hopefully all the seats are in, though.
Houstonag
AG
Looks great. This design provides great line of site for fans.

Those wanting a bowl look, of which I call it the fruit bowl look, are wrong with their comments.

This stadium design puts the fans closer to the field in the center as well as the end zone. A Bowl design places the fans further away.

This was the comment the original arch. stated was an objective.

I have had the pleasure and challenge of working on many complex projects and structures and this one was a great undertaking. Hats off to the arch, engineer, and the constructor.
SabineAg
AG
quote:
We opened Kyle field before while renovations were still ongoing. Hell, we opened the new third deck on the east side with only something like three sections open in 1978.

I'm guessing there will still be a ton of stuff to finish outside the stadium come first game. There will be a lot of concession stands not finished. People will moan and gripe. Hopefully all the seats are in, though.

Also note that there were definitely a few items that were not completed by the first or second game last year, but the stadium was still operable and could hold a hundred thousand plus people. From what I've heard from friends that are working on the stadium is that they are right on if not a little ahead of schedule and while it may not be 100% when it comes time for the first game, they will be right within days if not hours of 100% completion, that is if they are able to keep up the work rate they have right now.
turboboost
AG
quote:
looks like a tackle box

Exactly what we need!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

I heard we may have to play the first game in Houston.
dkmrrl
aggieaviator
AG
So planes are flying near the stadium? I thought this was reserved for drones now and it's no issue?
Motel California
S
Moe 92
AG
quote:
Still don't see how it can be completely finished in time.

bgrimm05
AG
Just like last year, there are no worries about playing the forst game there. However, there will be finishing touches going on. You may not even notice them.
rsemingson
As long as the bar in our section is fully stocked I don't care if it's not completely finished.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.