Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Call the FAA!

13,925 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Helms96
XpressAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Instrument approaches could have planes coming in right over the stadium at only a few hundred feet above the ground.

The only runway in question would be Runway 22 and they don't have Instrument Approaches to 22. Linky

The other instrument approaches make note of several tall buildings in the area. EDIT: Link to PDF

Don't get me wrong, it's never a bad thing to keep an eye out for these things.
rcb05
AG
quote:
what are they doing to the rec center?

Building up elevated stands so you can watch the games from the Rec rooftop a la Wrigley.
schmendeler
AG
sounds pretty sweet.
aggieaviator
AG
On departure, these drones could very well be an issue. Lets not deflate the issue by focusing on IAPs. What I hope to accomplish in all this narrative is to educate people who don't require the hundreds of hours of training and constant FAA regulation study that pilots have on how to safely and legally conduct RC aircraft flights. Anyone can purchase an aircraft and launch it into airspaces causing problems for other aircraft. I don't even want to imagine or discuss all possibilities here. If you want to kill the messenger feel free. I'm happy that the RC driver has reached out to Easterwood and has a safer way forward in conducting these flights and I look forward to seeing them in the future.
MW03
AG
Quite an epic video with this song. Very cool vid.

CrottyKid
AG
Just FYI, a guy claiming to be from ESPN is asking to use your video in the Vimeo comments section.
avidhunter
Sweet video. What model drone are you using?
KL08AG
AG
great video
KerryThachWDE
quote:
Sweet video. What model drone are you using?
DJI Phantom 3 Professional
Helms96
AG
You will be getting a letter from the University soon in your email...

Been there, done that.
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.