Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Call the FAA!

13,924 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Helms96
Aggielandma12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://vimeo.com/134500378
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Clean!

Needs a Johnny Football Statue
Ridge14

AboveAndBeyond
And he's an Auburn Fan. Ha!!!

Edit. Take his picture down, please. He doesn't need it plastered all over this cesspool. Ha!
West Point Aggie
AG
Video muy Bueno!!
PharmD4
mcag83
rcb05
AG
Made a wallpaper from one of his shots: http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2015/7/26/9043099/renovated-kyle-field-wallpaper-phone-desktop-texas-am-aggies-2015-stadium-download
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Grass looks terrible... 2/10 WNB
aggieaviator
AG
Video is very nice and stadium looks great.
As a pilot this scares the sh#$ out of me. Instrument approaches could have planes coming in right over the stadium at only a few hundred feet above the ground. He is illegally flying inside class d airspace of Easterwood Field which goes from the surface up to 2200 ft.. That UAV could bring down a plane.
Signel
AG
Didn't the FAA rule that drones under a certain height are fine?
MorgansPoint
aggieaviator
AG
400' tops and not within 5 miles of any airport without contacting the airport tower ahead of time.
KerryThachWDE
The FAA allows drones to fly up to 400 feet and 2 miles away from all airports and the White House. I never went over 400 and I believe the airport is 2.6 miles away.

Anyways gigem & war eagle!
jagvocate
AG
Why don't you try landing on the runway instead of flying over Kyle Field and you have nothing to worry about.
aggieaviator
AG
5 miles
https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/

KerryThachWDE
I never read the rules. Only went off of what a buddy told me. I won't be flying near Kyle Field again
Bregxit
AG
quote:
5 miles
https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/

"Strongly encouraged guidelines".
aggieaviator
AG
Those "guidelines" are backed by the statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012).
pimplepopper
AG
Aviator smack talk.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CrottyKid
AG
What should be law is that all of these vids need the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band for background music.
Post removed:
by user
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
Grass looks terrible... 2/10 WNBO
FIFY
Chavis Sweet Stache
AG
8T2
quote:
Video is very nice and stadium looks great.
As a pilot this scares the sh#$ out of me. Instrument approaches could have planes coming in right over the stadium at only a few hundred feet above the ground. He is illegally flying inside class d airspace of Easterwood Field which goes from the surface up to 2200 ft.. That UAV could bring down a plane.
I am far more concerned that idiot pilots might fly over Kyle Field while attempting to land at Easterwood. Perhaps knowing that drones occasionally fly over Kyle will convince pilots to fly in a safer airspace.
The Collective
AG
Time to put a few guns on your Piper or Cessna... just in case you happen to see a UAV in your path.
howitzercannon
AG
Yeah, I wasn't aware that planes fly over kyle field so closely. Eagles/vultures/other birds bigger than these "drones" don't seem to have an issue with planes at easterwood.

I'd think a flock of birds is more concerning than a single drone to any pilot. Especially if they are geese.
aggieaviator
AG
Any pilot flying over Kyle Field would be doing so legally while communication with ATC. What makes them idiots exactly?
So long as these toy fliers have actually called the airport manager/tower to let them know and not assume they can do things like fly within 2 miles without notification, there won't be an issue.
aggieaviator
AG
They are all concerning to all pilots. I'm sure you are too if and when you and your loved ones are flying.
aggieaviator
AG
The issue isn't flying over Kyle Field. Due to the close proximity of Easterwood Field and Kyle Field, there is ATC controlled airspace and planes are low and traversing the area in traffic pattters and approaches to runways 3,in total in all directions. Anywhere else likely a non-issue. Other than during games, hobby pilots of RC planes can fly over stadiums all they want without issue. Just so happens Kyle Field is inside protected airspace.
AboveAndBeyond
So I guess the NG flyover I asked him to do is out?
KerryThachWDE
I spoke with the manager of the airport this morning. he gave me some tips for the future. im not in any type of trouble. I also go the number for the air tower for future flights.

NG video will be next in line.
stetson
AG
Always a good idea to communicate with Easterwood beforehand so that they can alert pilots like they do when people are skydiving. I will say, however, that if you are flying any of the IAPs into Easterwood and find yourself over Kyle Field, encountering that drone is the least of your problems,
DCC99
AG
All I know is below the hard deck does NOT count.
schmendeler
AG
what are they doing to the rec center?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.