Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bigger rival? Arky vs LSU

9,352 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Rock1982
Habanero Guero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who do we dislike more between the two? So far as a student it seems Dallas folk dislike Arkansas while us Houstonians hate lsu so I was curious to see what y'all think.
Nino Brown
Well CS is kinda in the middle of both....and grads are kinda in both Dallas and Houston...so wouldn't it kinda be both?
Here4Beer
AG
[Inappropriate and do not go around our profanity filter. - Staff]
Eric Forman
AG
More desperate to beat LSU. Haven't beaten them since the 90s. So that rivalry is red hot on this end.
DelValAg
Diplomatically well said
FtBendTxAg
AG
LSU series has been so one sided, they probably don't even notice us. Arkansas is probably the correct answer right now, they beat us up before the SEC move, but haven't beat us since.
Capt. America
AG
Eff 'em both.
Here4Beer
AG
But staff, I like going around the profanity filter
Frisco - Ag
AG
lsu
FtBendTxAg
AG
Dick isn't in the profanity filter
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Much more hatred for lsu. Waaaay waaaaay much more.
Nino Brown
I'm not getting into with staff about stupid stuff like "profanity" but what does that mean? Who sit down fifty years ago and said I don't like this word or that word. You do realize that Jesus didn't speak the same language right? Only humans have the audacity to make up a language in then to tell each other I don't like that word...it's bad.
monarch
S
Richard-head is more OK than D**k-head
monarch
S
In the SEC, I want to beat LSU: to many customers over there that rag my ass.

Other than that, I hate Baylor.

coupland boy
AG
I see more coonasses day to day. But let's beat 'em both.
Meximan
They're all rivals.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
LSU series has been so one sided, they probably don't even notice us. Arkansas is probably the correct answer right now, they beat us up before the SEC move, but haven't beat us since.

Make no mistake, the swamp kitties notice us and circle our game the same we do with theirs.
txsportsman10
AG
quote:

Tell that to the actual LSU fans who were watching tv in the 90's
Capt. America
AG
My Hate Tiers:

1 - Texas

2 - LSU, Baylor, Arkansas

3 - Alabama, Tech, Ole Miss (South Carolina for now. We'll see where it goes)

(Negligible irritation towards the likes of Rice, TCU, SMU, UH, etc...)

The rest of the SEC is pretty mild in my eyes. Auburn is shaping up to be a pretty good series of games. That being said, every game in the west is going to carry some serious weight if we are planning on making it to the playoffs.
aeon-ag
Arkansas would seem like a natural rival of the two, being from the old SWC. LSU, they're more like t tech..
Aftermath
AG
Let's face it...... OUR rival is that liberal-a$$$ , pre school in Austin..... Always has been, always will be..... We need to all check our egos at the door and play the game. To be significant, you have to have a significant rival that is mutual on both sides of the ball. LSU has Bama and Ole Miss..... Our rival is tu. no one else....... We are both mid pack teams right now that need desperately to improve...... Play the damn game.... Preserve what little history and tradition that we have a chance to!!!! Play it!!
MidTnAg
AG
Our biggest rival now is LSU. However, every year, all the SEC West teams are going to be hard to beat.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
mongey donk
AG
I don't mind Arkansas that much. I feel it's a team we should beat most of the time on the field and in recruiting. Playing Arky in Dallas each year makes it feel like a forced rivarly.

LSU on Thanksgiving each year home & home will make for a growing rivalry...
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
Who do we dislike more between the two? So far as a student it seems Dallas folk dislike Arkansas while us Houstonians hate lsu so I was curious to see what y'all think.

Yeah, I'm sure we run into more LSU fans in Houston. But I can't really call it a rivalry until we even up the score a bit.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Tell that to the actual LSU fans who were watching tv in the 90's

Isn't that the problem, holding on to something from 20-25 years ago
coupland boy
AG
When we beat lsu a few times in a row before they quit i wonder if they felt as if they needed to win before they considered it a rival?
Cynical_Texan
AG
Beat LSU or keep losing recruits to them.
DayAg!
S
quote:
Let's face it...... OUR rival is that liberal-a$$$ , pre school in Austin..... Always has been, always will be..... We need to all check our egos at the door and play the game. To be significant, you have to have a significant rival that is mutual on both sides of the ball. LSU has Bama and Ole Miss..... Our rival is tu. no one else....... We are both mid pack teams right now that need desperately to improve...... Play the damn game.... Preserve what little history and tradition that we have a chance to!!!! Play it!!
Negative.....You can face it if you want to. Thats your choice. Albeit an ignorant one. As for me. I didnt even think about tu anytime at the beginning of this discussion. And it has nothing to do with ego in case you missed it.

Oh, and I dont like Alabama. But Arkansas and LSU are about equal on the dislike and rivalry scale.
sleepybeagle
AG
Ark
Project Mayhem
AG
Not even close....,LSU.

Aggies1322
AG
Arkansas, some of my closest friends are hogs and those guys think arky football is God-tier.. They were talking **** AFTER we beat em last year. So **** annoying.
W
AG
I'll answer this question like a t-sip would...

let's see...A&M has beaten Arkansas 3 times-in-a-row; therefore, the Hogs are A&M's biggest rival
JRB78
AG
LSU, primarily because they will be the SEC team we most often compete with for recruits.
Hamburger Dan
We need to beat LSU before we can say they are a big rival. Those games with them back in the day don't mean too much right now.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.