Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field construction question

2,899 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
Willis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere before so I apoligize for Germans and moon bombings and all that.

Looking at the first deck of the west side there are a few ramps that extend all the way to the field. One on the far north side and two around the south 40 yard line or so. Why are those three ramps different from the rest? The two on the 40 yard line or so are really bothering my OCD since they aren't centered.

Silly and derogatory responses are welcomed as long as the serious and correct answer is given within the first ten posts or so. Thanks.
95_Aggie
AG
So folks have access to the field for special presentations, reviewing stands, etc. without having to use the SEZ tunnels.

Just my speculation ...
Willis
AG
Makes sense. Still messes with my OCD. Why not put one or two in the CENTER of the field and one on each end?
The Collective
AG
Why can't they just beam BMAs out of their suites down to the field? What exactly are we getting for our half a billion if we can't even teleport guys?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
It almost looks like the two near mid field are for high dollar wheelchair access because it doesn't look like there is a front row. At least, there is definitely something different about the front of that section. I guess we will get a clearer picture once all the seats are installed in that section.
FightingAggie
AG
Ramps will be turned into a waterslide to accomodate entrance to the future field-level lazy river.
agz win
AG
Viewing stand for Corps' march in?
eeinhouston
If you are questioning ramps, your question should be why is there not a new pedestrian ramp across Welborn near the south side of the stadium, where they just built an enourmous addition of people that need to exit.

$450MM addition but can't find a few hundred grand to build a ramp? Or they haven't even thought about this being a problem?

It's like the P-garage cluster feck all over again.

Aggies gonna Aggie.
The Collective
AG
quote:
If you are questioning ramps, your question should be why is there not a new pedestrian ramp across Welborn near the south side of the stadium, where they just built an enourmous addition of people that need to exit.

$450MM addition but can't find a few hundred grand to build a ramp? Or they haven't even thought about this being a problem?

Aggies gonna Aggie.

Ramp? Like the old rainbow bridge?
locogringo
AG
quote:

Aggies gonna Aggie.
I don't think there is enough demand for it over there. Is the Olsen Lot the only one within walking distance? That one lot cannot justify another Welborn cross-over. And looking at Google Earth, the only place with enough real estate to do another tunnel would be south of the practice fields which is essentially the Welborn/George Bush intersection. I believe a tunnel here is in the long term plan, it definitely has been talked about to end.

I would bet that in the design stage the solution to the increased capacity issue was more efficient parking/busing (still to be seen if that plan is going to work or not).

They would never do a pedestrian arial crossing over Welborn.

Electricals gunna Electrial.
Fitch
AG
quote:

Aggies gonna Aggie.
It's presently unfunded but coming. No exactly a few hundred grand either, gonna be an eight-figure project.

http://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/projects/studies/bryan/fm2347/maps-exhibits.html

ABATTBQ11
AG
They need to forget that median...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.