Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Adidas contract

16,458 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brick Tamland
bruh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After seeing Tennesse's new Nike uniforms today, just out of curiousity when does our contract with Adidas end?
Frisco - Ag
AG
Addidas
Flashdiaz
AG
When Starter picks it up
aggiealltheway
AG
The Adidas contract ended yesterday or today. The new contract with them has already been signed.
Brick Tamland
quote:
The Adidas contract ended yesterday or today. The new contract with them has already been signed.

It technically ended last summer and Cook said we are still negotiating contracts as of a few months ago
ag2003
AG
Why can't Adidas sell the same quality stuff they provide to the football team? Adidas stuff in the store is not even comparable to Nike and Under Armour merchandise. Adidas has been great to the football team and designing cool uniforms, but man their merchandise sucks ass.
AgAttorney2010
AG
Game day polos have worked out great for me.
aggies1960
I like Adidas.

MaroonStain
AG
Adidas is a French company... Upon further review, they are Deutsche. #imaidoit
Poeag
AG
quote:
Adidas is a French company. /EOT

You serious Clark?
kwoodAg
AG
The Germans wouldn't be happy about this statement.
aggiealltheway
AG
quote:
quote:

It technically ended last summer and Cook said we are still negotiating contracts as of a few months ago
Clint Dempsey with the 12th Man Foundation said today at a luncheon that the contract just ended and the new one was already signed. I just can't remember if he said it ended yesterday or today.
SigAg6
AG
Puma
http://us.puma.com/en_US/pd/suede-classic-%2B-mens-sneakers/pna352634.html?dwvar_pna352634_color=75#start=1&gid=1&pid=1
BrenhamAg0412
AG
The Adidas contract was just extended within the past 4 or 5 months.
bigblackag12
AG
Nice handle, rook
Brick Tamland
Clint Dempsey?
Capt. America
AG
I got this information from the athletic department so take with it what you will, but we signed a new contract with Adidas that will continue for eight years. Better stock up on your triple stripes.
Brick Tamland
quote:
I got this information from the athletic department so take with it what you will, but we signed a new contract with Adidas that will continue for eight years. Better stock up on your triple stripes.

Better be top 2 or 3 money
Capt. America
AG
I didn't have any details on the money, but we are definitely in the top two or three now with them. The only one I could think of being higher might be Michigan at this point.
Brick Tamland
Louisville is at $7.8 and Michigan is $8.2
The Lost
quote:
I didn't have any details on the money, but we are definitely in the top two or three now with them. The only one I could think of being higher might be Michigan at this point.

Notre Dame lulz at you
Capt. America
AG
quote:
quote:

Notre Dame lulz at you

Notre Dame went to Under Armour last season. I lulz at you.

*edit for 'u'
Brick Tamland
quote:
quote:

Notre Dame lulz at you

We lulz at you because Cap was talking about Adidas schools. Notre Dame is Under Armour
Kashchei
AG
I love adidas! Very sharp. And they got the maroon right!
Speedystooth
AG
Adidas sucks. everyone knows it.
Seamaster
AG
Little history lesson for you new Ags.

Back in the day A&M had Nike and t.u. also had Nike. Nike consistently showed favoritism to t.u. in little ways. For example, the t.u. shoes had little longhorn logos on them and they wouldn't do that for us. Plus the money we got was like half of what t.u. got or something stupid.

So, can't remember when exactly - early 2000s I think, we split with Nike and signed with Adidas.

BTW - with Nike we never had any 'secondary' uniform combinations. No all whites or Texas on the helmet. All very blah. Barely above what a high school got.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
JNCO or GTFO!
mpaggie06
AG
quote:

Back in the day A&M had Nike and t.u. also had Nike. Nike consistently showed favoritism to t.u. in little ways. For example, the t.u. shoes had little longhorn logos on them and they wouldn't do that for us. Plus the money we got was like half of what t.u. got or something stupid.

So, can't remember when exactly - early 2000s I think, we split with Nike and signed with Adidas.

BTW - with Nike we never had any 'secondary' uniform combinations. No all whites or Texas on the helmet. All very blah. Barely above what a high school got.

Thanks for the history lesson, brah! That biased, Longhorn obsession driven view on Nike sounds about like the spin that American textbooks put on World War II, proclaiming that we had to jump in and take care of business because the Nazis were pure evil- when in reality the Germans were a war-loathing people who only built up a superior war machine because the Russians and French were colluding to invade the Rhineland through proxies in Austria, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Finland, and the other countries Germany was forced to take over for defensive purposes; all while using Jews as human body shields and then blaming the deaths on the Germans.

No one is buying your Nike tales; especially when the "proof" that they hated us was that Texas got more money and cooler stuff.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the history lesson, brah! That biased, Longhorn obsession driven view on Nike sounds about like the spin that American textbooks put on World War II, proclaiming that we had to jump in and take care of business because the Nazis were pure evil- when in reality the Germans were a war-loathing people who only built up a superior war machine because the Russians and French were colluding to invade the Rhineland through proxies in Austria, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Finland, and the other countries Germany was forced to take over for defensive purposes; all while using Jews as human body shields and then blaming the deaths on the Germans.

No one is buying your Nike tales; especially when the "proof" that they hated us was that Texas got more money and cooler stuff.

nickstro66
AG
I like Adidas
The Collective
AG
Didn't Nike give us the bevel originally?
Ags06Win
AG
No Doubt! Adidas is the best brand for A&M!

Three stripes!
Capt. America
Capt. America
Capt. America
AG
quote:
Nike basically told us that they wouldn't match us with UT's deal because "you're not as good as Texas and you never will be", at which point we promptly went to Adidas. The biggest irony of that is the last year of Nike in 2006 we beat Texas in Austin, then we beat them first year with Adidas in College Station.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.