Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The house that Johnny built, is it that offensive!?

6,771 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgCPA
FabricatorAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He jump started our fast climb in the SEC power structure. While A&M is always "relevant" he gave our program and brand a hell of a jump. I don't care what you think, and I know this is The Zoo(**** talk will follow) but the new Kyle field...Johnny made that happen.
awschux
AG
We wouldnt be building the new Kyle Field if we were still in the b12. Love Johnny and he is a factor for sure, but the conference change is a major factor as well.
Womackster
AG
Nope. Just inaccurate.
mongey donk
AG
quote:
Nope. Just inaccurate.
This
FabricatorAg
quote:
quote:
Nope. Just inaccurate.
This

Explanation!?
Goose
AG
means "not accurate"

...HTH
67walkon
The Stadium would have likely happened anyway, but Johnny & teammates made it happen now.
I am not listening to anyone that says otherwise. Give the Man...ziel his due.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nope. Just inaccurate.
This

Explanation!?

He hasn't stepped foot on the build site and the project has been going on for a year and a half..
chipotle
It's a discredit to the coaches, other players and administration who facilitated the SEC move.
No Spin Ag
To think Johnny didn't have an influence in the stadium and other things that require boatloands of money is insane.

He did more for us than anyone other player has in a long time. Winning the Heisman and lighting up the scoreboard will do that.
Sex Panther
AG
The stadium would not have happened so quickly or had near as much money raised without him. Some people really take offense to that for whatever reason and get pissed off by it.

But you know, it's not like Johnny is the one who proposed it.
milner79
quote:
But you know, it's not like Johnny is the one who proposed it.
Oh, really? Have you ever seen Michaelj90 and JF in the same place ??? ...
Dr. Horrible
I prefer "the house that Mike Evans built by bailing out Johnny time after time"
West Point Aggie
AG
As dumb as the T A&M centered about the university seal...

/period!
Hamburger Dan
With a name like that - if JFF crapsbout of the NFL, aTm would be a laughingstock. A whole new generation if Aggie jokes would ensue.
WhiteYaloo
It's very condescending in a way. There's so much more to our stadium and program than Johnny manziel. I'm actually pretty surprised the title was taken somewhat seriously
85Photon
AG
It's a terribly myopic view. Sure JFF increased revenue, but we're talking percentage points in the single digits. It's also hard to separate the JFF effect from the SEC effect from the Swagger Coach effect. Even if all of the increased revenue that year (not counting SEC share) was pure JFF, it doesn't justify a field named after him, because it wasn't a 100+ million $ bump.

You're falling into the hype and the whorn propaganda. Take a hard look at the actual numbers, make a generous estimate of his impact, but put it in real dollars. Now compare that with the real dollars we bring in every year. Compare that to the real dollars we bring in with and without him. It just doesn't justify a name like that.

I'm a big JFF fan. We owe him a huge thanks and many accolades. But let's not get carried away here.
bigblackag12
AG
This premise would be a little more valid had he won us a natty
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
It's very condescending in way. There's so much more to our stadium and program than Johnny manziel. I'm actually pretty surprised the title was taken somewhat seriously

This is my problem with the whole thing.

Johnny has nothing to do with this idea, other than being the best player in A&M history.
Dip**** John Sharp comes up with yet another dip**** idea.
What I assume was meant to be a gesture of praise for Johnny, instead leads to some people resenting him (Johnny) for it.

I don't really understand what Sharp's goal was here. Did he actually want this to be some kind of official name? "The House That Babe Ruth Built" is a nickname that has become iconic over the years due to his legend. Ironically, if Sharp would've just said nothing, it probably could've happened on its own organically.
Sex Panther
AG

quote:
This premise would be a little more valid had he won us a natty

I think if he had won a natty or stayed another year, it probably would've been well deserved. A full four years, then absolutely... His stats and records would've been ridiculous.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
It's become a business bro... We are the best @ selling out
Sex Panther
AG
dp
agsteve77
AG
There is no JFF in team
Slwdsm
Renovation was in planning stage before johnny.
FabricatorAg
quote:

I challenge that..
TexanJeff
AG
"The House Ruth Built" was named after he won how many Pennants?

How many Rings is Johnny or any Aggie since 1939 wearing??
67walkon
All you trolls and Johnny haters, Remember this is not Johnny implying or suggesting lthis. He would outright reject the thought and idea. But I will say this, and all you trolls can hit the road, we will all be 6 under before another Johnny Football shows up in Kyle
67walkon
And all this talk about rings. Let's see we were projected to finish dead last in the west. Texas A&M 29 National Chmpions 26 in Bryan Denny. Know any one else who could pull that off as a freshman? Move along. Johnny did.
FabricatorAg
quote:
All you trolls and Johnny haters, Remember this is not Johnny implying or suggesting lthis. He would outright reject the thought and idea. But I will say this, and all you trolls can hit the road, we will all be 6 under before another Johnny Football shows up in Kyle

Which in so many helps my point of view. He's a once in a generation player.
Stasco
AG
Do you people really think a stadium renovation project of this magnitude gets planned out in a matter of months? It was well underway before Johnny Football ever took his first snap in Kyle Field.
Slwdsm
quote:
quote:

I challenge that..

Sure, I don't mind making you look stupid... Even though you're doing an excellent job on your own.

9/25/12

John sharp says in article plans to cost 450mm and seat appx 103k.
http://m.chron.com/sports/article/A-amp-M-still-undecided-on-plans-for-Kyle-Field-3894296.php
Slwdsm
http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/brent_zwerneman/article/Aggies-Insider-Plans-to-expand-Kyle-Field-2194225.php

"Everything has been pulled off the table. We were going to reduce its size now we're going to grow it."
Slwdsm
OP starts a ton of crap threads... Not sure if really stupid, or obvious troll. Either way his shtick is tired.

Created account last season/ really started posting during DC search:

Stirring the pot on Charis (backfired?)
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2580700

Sumlin to NFL
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2583294

Talking trash about Daylon Mack
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2583240/0

Malik crap + rage
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2584075
roxtar
AG
As much as I love Aggie football, I really only pulled out my wallet and made a donation after watching Johnny do his thing in 2012.

Maybe I am wrong but I have a feeling a lot of alumni are in the same boat.

Given the enormous amounts of money collected from former students towards the stadium, maybe it is the house that johnny built.
BMX Bandit
Was it Sharp? I thought our techtard regent Schwertner came up with it.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.