Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I wish Gabe and the crew would bring Jaxon Appel onto the show one morning.

8,399 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BQ84 -ORP
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I loved watching him play. The best white boy safety A&M has ever had. I dont care if he didnt make the top 100 list he was a straight head hunter at the position.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
One of my favorites as a kid
Ol Rock
AG
A man among boys. Great heart!
AgsWin2011
AG
Seems like he made every tackle on every play.
Matsui
AG
You guys are funny
impavidus
AG
I was a freshman and caught up with him after a game. He was the nicest football player I came across. Talking and taking pictures with fans. Opposed to some of the other players around.
W
AG
it's one of those strange things...how players from the Fran era particularly the first 3 years (2003-2005) are held in low regard. But the stigma from the many horrible losses of Fran's time sticks to them so to speak
Indignitas
AG
Action Jaxson

Speaking of white boy safeties, how come we never had a chicano place kicker?
dcbowers
AG
quote:
I loved watching him play. The best white boy safety A&M has ever had. I dont care if he didnt make the top 100 list he was a straight head hunter at the position.

You never saw Kip Corrington play, son.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gil Renard
AG
God the dog days. He made the best of his abilities but my god how bad we were. He brought his lunch pail. Deceptively fast. High football IQ. Big heart. Knows the game. Loves the game. Not the biggest but the first one to practice and last one to leave ect. Gets A&M
powerbiscuit
quote:
quote:

I did, and I'll take Appel. He didn't have the wrecking crew playing in front of him.
Heisenberg01
AG
quote:

The guy was an epic dewsh... Also, Rich Coady and Dennis Allen were far better white safeties that played within a decade of him. Just because some guy played while you were in school, doesn't make him good.
Picadillo
Rich Coady and Dennis Allen were badass. Dennis' dad Grady was one hell of a player too. Would love to hear an interview with either of these two.
powerbiscuit
I'd take Appel over Coady and neither played when I was in school. I don't remember watching Allen play.
aTm papi
So he can fight Gabe and Co. in the radio booth?
Heisenberg01
AG
quote:
I'd take Appel over Coady and neither played when I was in school. I don't remember watching Allen play.

Rich Coady has a Super Bowl ring. Don't think Appel had a cup of coffee in the league.
AggieJ29
AG
Pretty sure Appel played D tackle bro
Pro Sandy
AG
quote:
quote:

The guy was an epic dewsh... Also, Rich Coady and Dennis Allen were far better white safeties that played within a decade of him. Just because some guy played while you were in school, doesn't make him good.
Mature and convincing counter arguments!
mt3950
AG
Rich Coady was a stud and lasted in the league for a good while.
Miles711
AG
He was a legend growing up in Friendswood.
powerbiscuit
quote:
quote:

Rich Coady has a Super Bowl ring. Don't think Appel had a cup of coffee in the league.

Appel did lead the defense in tackles a couple of years and I think he had about 120 one year. If Coady had been playing behind the same front seven, he'd probably be in the same boat.
schmendeler
AG
Best white boy safety? Is that something that's brag worthy?
W
AG
my issue with Appel...was his style of tackling...diving at the ankles. That can be effective in getting down the ballcarrier, but it doesn't force fumbles. He also didn't have a whole lot of interceptions for a 4-year starter at free safety (a la Trent Hunter)
lead
I seem to remember coady >> Appell . That and wrecking crew.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
quote:

Class of '04 here. Can confirm. Huge twat. Came into the bar I worked at and thought he walked on water.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
So he can fight Gabe and Co. in the radio booth?

Yep. Always wanted to fight
OrygunAg
AG
Named my first born after him.
ghlc93
I wonder how his elbow is? Still in a harness?
MEENag
AG
So did we, sort of. We spelled it the normal way. And we weren't naming him after Jaxson Appel in particular. We were trying to come up with a name and used the Aggies roster for ideas.
Buford T. Justice
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I did, and I'll take Appel. He didn't have the wrecking crew playing in front of him.

Wes Bautovich...hardest hitter that we've had since Roper.
Spyderman
AG
David Ubben. Whats the staff afraid of?
Jack Cheese
AG
Appel was not better than those other guys. Come on dude.
dcbowers
AG
quote:
So did we, sort of. We spelled it the normal way. And we weren't naming him after Jaxson Appel in particular. We were trying to come up with a name and used the Aggies roster for ideas.

Do you have another kid named "Sirr"?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FCBlitz
Jaxson may have been diving at feet.........because there were many times in one season when he was playing with more than a few broken bones in his hands.

Dude was a iron man. A gentleman. A great ambassador for Aggieland. My boys were young and the time and got his signature and pictures. All of the kind things said about him are spot on.

Calling him a dewsh is off base.
angus55
#44 would like a word with you
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.