Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

John Sharp is painful to listen to

10,500 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 2004FIGHTINTXAG
Captain Augustus McCrae
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why does he have so much trouble putting sentences together?

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/05/07/video-a-conversation-with-john-sharp/

Go to 55:20 to hear him lie about firing Loftin. The look on his face when he's asked the question is priceless.
Elephant Ghost
sir, not being informed to the highest degree of accuracy, I h.t.a.f.f.t.i.m.d.f.t.t.c.o.r.i.s.s.i.a.p.d.f...and do not know, sir.
Sid Farkas
AG
Painful perhaps. But nothing compared to the insufferable bedwetters we've been hearing from on this board ever since the phony seal drama began early this week.
FightingAggie
AG
Good one John.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Painful perhaps. But nothing compared to the insufferable bedwetters we've been hearing from on this board ever since the phony seal drama began early this week.

Humbled to be posting alongside Rick Perry's old lady.
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:

Do you even fap, bro?
Motel California
S
Disregard my last
milner79
quote:
quote:

Rick Perry's old lady does post on here. ... but that ain't him.
cevans_40
AG
quote:
John, is that you?
Sid Farkas
AG
quote:
quote:
John, is that you?
Nope. Just a fan. Pulling for the good guys to prevail over the shrill defenders of the indefensible status quo.
Twelfthman99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
John, is that you?
Nope. Just a fan. Pulling for the good guys to prevail over the shrill defenders of the indefensible status quo.
Since we just had the longest serving governor in Texas history step down and everyone running the University is a crony, wouldn't the status quo you claim to detest be the side you likely support?
Captain Augustus McCrae

TAMU bball fan
Did he have a stroke? He sounds drunk 100% of the time. He slurs and stammers through every response, and usually can't find the words he's looking for. My 6 year old is more articulate.
MaysGrad09
How is this guy a chancellor?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Did he have a stroke? He sounds drunk 100% of the time. He slurs and stammers through every response, and usually can't find the words he's looking for. My 6 year old is more articulate.

Not sure, but I remember back when he was on TV a lot running for office he always kind of talked out of the side of his mouth with an exaggerated drawl. Don't know if it was natural or "just an ol' cowpoke" affectation.
Hellbent
AG
I watched the interview. It should be titled "An Interview with the Interviewer." This guy won't
shut up. John Sharp mostly just had to listen to him blather. I didn't find John Sharp's performance "painful' at all.
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
John, is that you?
Since we just had the longest serving governor in Texas history step down and everyone running the University is a crony, wouldn't the status quo you claim to detest be the side you likely support?

MaysGrad09
His response about U.S. News rankings and "letting too many kids in" and snobbery was embarrassing. No wonder A&M is a mediocre college. He has the mindset of a community college leader, not a land grant university leader.

By the way, Evan Smith should have reminded him that the top public university in the country, Cal-Berkeley, is a land grant university. Sharp uses "land grant" as a crutch every time he's reminded that A&M is plummeting in the rankings under his watch. What a joke for a "leader".
cevans_40
AG
He has fans though.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Sid Farkas...defender of John Sharp and the BOR!!
aggiedent
AG
quote:
Quote:
quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:Painful perhaps. But nothing compared to the insufferable bedwetters we've been hearing from on this board ever since the phony seal drama began early this week.
John, is that you?

Amen
2004FIGHTINTXAG
We get the southern old man who either needs hearing aides or doesn't understand a simple question. Meanwhile t.u. gets a SEAL Admiral and prior SOCOM Commander.
Sid Farkas
AG
quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:Painful perhaps. But nothing compared to the insufferable bedwetters we've been hearing from on this board ever since the phony seal drama began early this week.
John, is that you?

Amen
student loan debt is approaching $2trill and is widely considered to be the straw/camels-back to spur the next financial crisis. The status quo...entrenched education interests ranging from tenured professors to admin at all levels have been fighting bor cost improvements for more than five years now. (Having a heck of a lot more success than Wisc's unionized govt employees for sure). Why would they want things to change? Who doesn't want an all-but-guaranteed salary and mind-bogglingly early retirement?...all with no pressure to improve. (Taxpayers be damned!)
Defying the laws of economics is an act that cannot go on forever...and the end might be closer than you knuckleheads think.

Perry and Sharp are not only not a part of that status quo, they are pushing back on it. And apparently the status quo's best defense are weak attempts at character assassination and juvenile mis-direction campaigns. Meh.

You are defending the degradation of students' long term financial outlook. Way to go gang.

Message to students: it's time to stand up for yourself.

Link
aggiedent
AG
quote:
student loan debt is approaching $2trill and is widely considered to be the straw/camels-back to spur the next financial crisis.

I have read a few articles that claim this, and they make about as much sense to me as arguments to fight global warming. The 1.2 trill number sounds large but lets look at a few facts.

#1. The population is increasing and the number of students is continually going up.
#2. 9 out of 10 students graduate with less than $40, 000 debt. To me that is peanuts if you've chosen a half decent major and job field. Your problem if you haven't.
#3. Currently these loans have extremely low interest rates.
#4. These student loans have no similarity to the loans that spurred the previous loan crisis. None.

But hey, we live in a culture where we have to run around screaming the sky is falling.

And if it really is, we need a lot better minds than idiots like Sharp to find a solution.
Sid Farkas
AG
The New York Fed has an educated opinion...and unlike global warming, there's evidence to rely on

"Although we've seen an overall improvement in delinquency rates since the Great Recession, the increasing trend in student loan balances and delinquencies is concerning," said Donghoon Lee, research officer at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. "Student loan delinquencies and repayment problems appear to be reducing borrowers' ability to form their own households."

Maybe broke students can tell the banks to chill out, ignore the hysteria and just swallow the damn loans

http://www.newyorkfed.org/newsevents/news/research/2015/rp150217.html
Paradise Ag
AG
quote:
How is this guy a chancellor?
Went to A&M, student body president, served in military, got Masters, started real estate co, Tx House of Reps, then Tx Senate, Railroad Commission, and then State Comptroller.

No idea, damn sure wasn't that weak ass resume.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
^ Doesn't mean he's a good Chancellor.
Necrosis
AG
quote:
...and unlike global warming, there's evidence to rely on.

You just lost all your credibility here.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Freaking Liberals
Hammerbrau
AG
As long as there are positions of power, there will be people who get there by instilling fear in the people around them. I don't get the impression that Dr. Loftin was intimidated by John Sharp. Maybe he was, and maybe that's why he lives in Columbia, MO now. I just know I wouldn't want to work for the guy.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Admiral McRaven>Sharp
The Original AG 76
AG
Sharp is a great Chancellor. Doing great thing for the Land Grant College. I thought the interview was well done except for the Perry and Loftin bits.
MaysGrad09
Land Grant Colleges:

MIT
Cornell
UC - Berkeley (most selective and highest ranked public university in the U.S. by USN&WR)

There are many more prestigious land grant colleges that are all ranked higher than A&M. A&M has a long way to go and its going backwards under Sharp's leadership.
Captain Augustus McCrae
A&M isn't even the top ranked land-grant university in the SEC anymore. Florida and Georgia both passed it in the rankings.

I'm not sure why Sharp always uses land-grant status as justification for letting too many students in. Cal-Berkeley is the top public land-grant university and they let in 17% of applicants while A&M admits 67%. It's no coincidence that Cal ranks as the top public university while A&M is barely in the top 100 these days and is only the 5th best university in Texas.
TAMU bball fan
A&M could learn a thing or two about architecture from Cal.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.