Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No Chollie love, but how does Louisville get 9 players drafted?

10,942 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by longeryak
carsoca2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
?
Chickenhawk
By posters starting worthless threads.
FriscoKid
AG
Every year NFL teams have a chance to pick players that they would like to have on their team. It goes in reverse order of where they finished the previous year. Worst picks first. It appears as though there were nine players from the Louisville cardnals that NFL teams picked. It's not that hard really.
carsoca2
quote:
Or posters with their idiotic replies. Just sayin...
carsoca2
quote:
Every year NFL teams have a chance to pick players that they would like to have on their team. It goes in reverse order of where they finished the previous year. Worst picks first. It appears as though there were nine players from the Louisville cardnals that NFL teams picked. It's not that hard really.
9 though?
Chickenhawk
quote:
quote:
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
9 though?

I can promise you that no one in here is an NFL scout. You came to the wrong place. Now if you wanted to bash Strong then you should just said so.
carsoca2
quote:
quote:

I can promise you that no one in here is an NFL scout. You came to the wrong place. Now if you wanted to bash Strong then you should just said so.

Na, the sip spin machine is going to try to sell the Louisville draftees six ways to Sunday - even though Chollie left them. I can hear that machine spinning in Austin right now, as a matter of fact.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:

Damn... Sick ****in burn
cevans_40
AG
How did ole Chollie do with those 9 pros?
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Okay, you're on.

Who was the ESPN Recruiter of the Year in 2011?? Louisville's Clint Hurtt. Who brought Bridgewater to Louisville with him?? Clint Hurtt. Who got popped with a two year show cause in 2013 for recruiting violations while at former job Miami?? Clint Hurtt. Who stayed at Louisville despite the show cause?? Clint Hurtt. Who bailed to the NFL the first chance he got?? Clint Hurtt.

Who knew Clint Hurtt was a dirty recruiter when he hired him and then insisted on retaining him after the show cause?? Charlie Strong.
carsoca2
quote:
Make that 10 Louisville players drafted.
El Nino in Londontown
AG
Petrino killed it!
HowdyGetRowdy409
quote:
quote:
quote:

Na, the sip spin machine is going to try to sell the Louisville draftees six ways to Sunday - even though Chollie left them. I can hear that machine spinning in Austin right now, as a matter of fact.

And we aren't spinning Chavis's accomplishments of who he coached or helped develop to eventually get drafted?
FriscoKid
AG

SECTAMU#1
I was impressed that Florida State had 11 guys drafted.
carsoca2
quote:
I was impressed that Florida State had 11 guys drafted.
National Champs the year before last.
Sq 17
i am sure some of those players were involved in Louisville Vs gator beat down
in the sugar bowl a couple years back IIRC
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And we aren't spinning Chavis's accomplishments of who he coached or helped develop to eventually get drafted?
Link to a thread where anyone on Texags is saying that about this draft???
JustisWalkert
AG
I wonder if Charlie remembers any of their names.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I wonder if Charlie remembers any of their names.
He couldn't even get it right when one of his current players was drafted. Congratulated the wrong Malcolm Brown.
longhornhere55
quote:
10 + 5 Longhorns.

Poor Chollie?
El Nino in Londontown
AG
quote:
quote:
10 + 5 Longhorns.

Poor Chollie?

How'd Sam Houston do?
longhornhere55
quote:
quote:
quote:
10 + 5 Longhorns.

Poor Chollie?

How'd Sam Houston do?
Defeated Santa Anna.
Schrute Farms
I think it goes like this.

Horn Math: Sam Houston had two less than A&M (2-2) + 1 Prior Head Coach Bonus [kid from Delaware] x 1 attempt to forget 2014 = 1 Bearkat Drafted*

*Note: 0 Actual Bearkats Drafted**
**Note: Reality denied for spin
BBAg74
AG
55, please don't spoil your reputation with witty replies.
SeaAGS
We can say what we want but, Chollie has demonstrated that he can evaluate and develop players better than most. I mentioned last week that I'm concerned that if Chollie can do that at a mid major, imagine what he can do at a school like tu or A&M?

The bottom line is the NFL trusts, respects and admires a Chollie Strong program. If you don't think that the HS coaches & recruits are not going to notice, then you simply have your head in the sand.

Sumlin better starting winning or he is going to lose the momentum Johnny gave this program.
ckwarren33
quote:
quote:
10 + 5 Longhorns.

Poor Chollie?
If you assume Chollie is a stud recruiter, his 2015 class must be chock-a-block full of sleepers. I'll eagerly await the 2015 season for clear indicators that the whorn ship has been righted and is on track for natty glory.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
So in Charlies last year at Louisville he had Bridgewater and 9 other NFL draft picks and was never a threat to win the Championship.

He must really suck at coaching
permabull
AG
Aftermath
AG
The guy can recruit and develop talent.... The most impressive thing is that most of these nine guys weren't studs coming out of HS , they were developed ..... Something that Coach Sumlin has not shown.... It will be interesting to see how the next couple of years go....remember, we strongly considered Charlie when we hired Sumlin!!
Swagmanag
This old Army hopes it was hurt and not Strong. That would not be good!
longeryak
quote:
So in Charlies last year at Louisville he had Bridgewater and 9 other NFL draft picks and was never a threat to win the Championship.

He must really suck at coaching
Even 11-1, with a Heisman candidate, wasn't going to overcome the conference.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
We can say what we want but, Chollie has demonstrated that he can evaluate and develop players better than most. I mentioned last week that I'm concerned that if Chollie can do that at a mid major, imagine what he can do at a school like tu or A&M?

The bottom line is the NFL trusts, respects and admires a Chollie Strong program. If you don't think that the HS coaches & recruits are not going to notice, then you simply have your head in the sand.

Sumlin better starting winning or he is going to lose the momentum Johnny gave this program.

ok sip

bigblackag12
AG
quote:
The guy can recruit and develop talent.... The most impressive thing is that most of these nine guys weren't studs coming out of HS , they were developed ..... Something that Coach Sumlin has not shown.... It will be interesting to see how the next couple of years go....remember, we strongly considered Charlie when we hired Sumlin!!

Yeah let's not be so quick to give sumlin credit for players that played majority of their careers under him.

And was it sumlin or charlie that let his best qb options slip away last minute. Isnt it also charlie that has a few grade risks recruited? What about his offense? Is he fixing that? His defense let iowa state score 40+ on him at home and allowed 5 20 point losses, but he can recruit and develop no doubt. Yall must listen to too much austin radio
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.