Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The 2013 recruiting class...

8,051 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rather be fishing
Capt. America
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here are all of the members of the 2013 who have left the team for any reason. It's amazing what a couple of seasons can do to a class.

The Collective
AG
Fortunately, we signed 30+. Perhaps the coaches knew they were taking some reaches, and were confident they could get this # down as it worked itself out on the field. We did lose some guys that were or could have been contributors though.
chipotle
***k this. I'm out of here.
Tamu_mgm
AG
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!
Bird Poo
AG
Not SEC ready.
KJN86
AG
quote:
Fortunately, we signed 30+. Perhaps the coaches knew they were taking some reaches, and were confident they could get this # down as it worked itself out on the field. We did lose some guys that were or could have been contributors though.

Injuries, legal issues, lack of playing time, and MLB. It is high, But attrition happens with all teams. We are not alone.
Bone6
quote:
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!
...Talking about reality doesn't mean you're a cliff jumper.

There is no getting around it. Our 2013 class ended up being a mess despite looking so great on signing day.
NavyAg92
AG
As long as we have Dolezal, we'll always have a chance.
FTA2015
AG
for comparison, does anybody have the players from the same class that are contributing or expected to contribute?
xGigEmAggies12x
There's not as many as you would expect. RSJ, dae dae, and GI come to mind.

Edit: I now realize that ifedi wasn't in the 13 class.
Capt. America
AG
I wasn't posting an opinion on this, just passing along information. I'm hoping the 14/15 class will do great things.
I already have a dog
AG
Losing a guy that couldn't beat out Boone Niederhoffer doesn't exactly destroy the team. He was not going to see meaningful playing time.
W
AG
seems like 2013 may have been a down year for the state of Texas. The Ags' class has been riddled with attrition...and the horns even worse. Very few true bluechips from the high school ranks in 2013
BTKAG97
AG
quote:
for comparison, does anybody have the players from the same class that are contributing or expected to contribute?
On 2015-2016 Roster:

5 - Stars:
Ricky Seals-Jones
- WR
4 - Stars:
Justin Manning - DL
Daeshon Hall - DL
Noel Ellis - DB
Hardreck Walker - DL
James White - RB
3 - Stars:
Brett Wade - RB
Tavares Garner - DB
Victor Davis - DB
Reggis Chevis - DL
Jay Arnold - DL
Shaan Washington - LB
Jeremy Tabuyo - WR
Alex Sezer - DB
Jonathan Wiggins - DB
Jeremiah Stuckey - OL
0 - Stars:
Shane Tripucka - P
Cody Wicker - K
Boone Niederhofer - WR
Daniel Havens - Deep Snapper
permabull
AG
Brick Tamland
Stuckey has been praised by Sumlin this spring, so there's hope for him.
Bamppy
AG
Tommy Sanders & Cam Clear stayed the course (did not leave team). Graduation is the optimum exit strategy.
BAS President Emeritus
Schrute Farms
I forgot about Kohl Stewart. He seems to be doing pretty well in the minors. Minor Stats

Shoulder surgery last year but still ranked as a Top 40 prospect and doing well on the mound. Good for him.

Golden, Claiborne, and Miles - a lot of 'what-ifs' toward last year's defense.
ag2003
AG
That wr class sure was a bust....RSJ is only real player of the bunch....Ayodebejo put up an ok sophomore yr at ole miss....I guess this explains why we took 6 in one yr....just couldn't really identify who had a future
Scotty Appleton
These threads are always funny, as are the post signing day group fellating. Perhaps one day those lamenting will finally figure out that on average, 1/2 of a recruiting class will contribute next to nothing. Roughly half of the guys the recruiting fan boys were dreaming about this past February will suffer the same fate, and on and on. Rinse and repeat.
AWP 97
AG
Attrition has been an issue at A&M for 15 years. We rarely have what I consider a strong senior class. Our team is always young and next year is always our year.
BMX Bandit
ignatiusreilly2
quote:
These threads are always funny, as are the post signing day group fellating. Perhaps one day those lamenting will finally figure out that on average, 1/2 of a recruiting class will contribute next to nothing. Roughly half of the guys the recruiting fan boys were dreaming about this past February will suffer the same fate, and on and on. Rinse and repeat.

This is a dangerous rationale. I wouldn't say that it's "average" for over half a class to contribute next to nothing. In fact, I bet this 2013 class just might have the worst attrition of any class in FBS history.

And I'm not sure why Justin Manning isn't on this list- anyone have a line of where he is/ how he is doing currently? With his absence, that is 16 and counting from the 2013 no longer with the program. Totally unacceptable. I knew the swag bs would bite us- glad we are moving away from that.
ignatiusreilly2
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is a dangerous rationale. I wouldn't say that it's "average" for over half a class to contribute next to nothing. In fact, I bet this 2013 class just might have the worst attrition of any class in FBS history.

And I'm not sure why Justin Manning isn't on this list- anyone have a line of where he is/ how he is doing currently? With his absence, that is 16 and counting from the 2013 no longer with the program. Totally unacceptable. I knew the swag bs would bite us- glad we are moving away from that.
It's easy to make claims without any facts to back them up. Get your gloom and doom attitude out of here

Facts? We have lost 16 players from the 2013 A&M class. I have never heard of an attrition rate that high at any school. I look forward to your well researched response.
knoxtom
I think there are four glaring weaknesses that we have that can be attributed to the attrition from this class, not just one (Kenny Hill).

We also could have really used Kam Miles, Isiah Golden, and Darrion Claiborne both last year and this. No one knows whether Miles would have been any good, but the other three were SEC caliber players who are no longer around at positions of great need.
phatbeast
AG
The surprising thing here is not how many we lost, but the distribution. So many four stars there, and a three-star in Claiborne who looked like he was playing above his level. Yes, every school experiences attrition, but we really lost many of the most-needed players in that class. Fortunately, this is probably (hopefully) an aberration.
Post removed:
by user
Dobre casy
AG
Sign 25 kids/yr x 4 years = 100 kids

44 kids on the 2-deep (call these contributors)

44% of kids recruited become contributors on average

30 kids in 2013 class...estimated 13 kids become contributors, 17 don't on average
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:

Your last sentence solidified what the rest of your post let me know, which is that you are misinformed.
ottman713
AG
quote:

30 kids in 2013 class...estimated 13 kids become contributors, 17 don't on average
I don't know where to start.

Your math is way over simplified. In ANY given year, you have 44 on the 2 deep. But a kid has 4 years to make it to the 2 deep (Most freshman don't break the 2 deep, notice I said most, not all).

So that number is a whole lot higher then 44% becoming contributors eventually.
Tango Mike
quote:

Simeon Denis Poisson is crying in his grave
Dobre casy
AG
quote:
Your math is way over simplified. In ANY given year, you have 44 on the 2 deep. But a kid has 4 years to make it to the 2 deep (Most freshman don't break the 2 deep, notice I said most, not all).

So that number is a whole lot higher then 44% becoming contributors eventually.
Those 44 spots are made up of guys that have been on the roster for 4 years, 3 years, 2 years, 1 year, and maybe 5 years if they redshirted. There's a reason why we sign 25+ guys a year, and only have 85 schollies...plenty of attrition built in.

44% becoming contributors eventually is misleading, since Claiborne and Golden were contributors 2 years ago, but are now no longer part of the 2-deep.
Schrute Farms
Here's our comparison with the SEC West. Auburn and Ole Miss have lost 11 players from the 2013 class. No one is near the 9 four star recruits no longer on our roster.

All info taken from Rivals and school web pages. No effort was made to see why people are no longer on the roster. Errors are probable.

2013 Recruiting Class to Projected 2015 Roster

Alabama: 25 Signed; 8 Lost - 4 Four Stars, 3 Three Stars
Arkansas: 23 Signed; 5 Lost - 4 Three Stars, 1 Two Star
Auburn: 24 Signed; 11 Lost - 5 Four Stars, 6 Three Stars
LSU: 26 Signed; 9 Lost - 5 Four Stars, 4 Three Stars
Miss St: 21 Signed; 4 Lost - 1 Four Star, 3 Three Stars
Ole Miss: 27 Signed; 11 Lost - 4 Four Stars, 7 Three Stars

TAMU: 32 Signed; 15 Lost - 9 Four Stars, 6 Three Stars
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.