Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Quiv transferring

17,713 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 07fta07
BombayAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What happened to Cam Clear?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Tommy Sander and Cam Clear graduated didn't they. what he listed was the 2013 incoming class and those two were listed as Juniors???
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
Tommy Sander and Cam Clear graduated didn't they. what he listed was the 2013 incoming class and those two were listed as Juniors???

Exactly. If that counts as "attrition" then we've had literally HUNDREDS of kids lost to attrition over the last decade
joefix93
AG
quote:
Sucks. Will miss him on special teams.
We will?
Post removed:
by user
STX Ag
AG
True dat.
usmcbrooks
I thought Mastro "retired", didn't know he transferred.
Nino Brown
So much for the Speedy Gonzalez reverse for 6 on the first play of the season. Good luck kid
Miles711
AG
Let's just end our transfer to jail pipeline.
The Debt
This will allow us to back count plenty of scholarships
monarch
S
that's a real black-eye for the 2013 recruiting class

Maybe a black eye for the guys who recruited them too?
Peace for Ukraine!
BMX Bandit
losing one player doesn't hurt. But losing that mean kills your depth. Part of the reason we had a step back in 2014.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
losing one player doesn't hurt. But losing that mean kills your depth. Part of the reason we had a step back in 2014.

We lost 2 sure fire starters before the season in golden and Claiborne. That had more to do with our step back than non contributors leaving.
BMX Bandit
it did have more to do with it.

But depth is important to being a great team.
InternetFan02
AG
2014: "The WRs are underachieving because they're young. Sumlin was forced to play them due to attrition. Just wait until next year when they've had time to develop"

Offseason: "Look at all these great freshman coming in. They'll be much better than the older players that haven't developed"

Rinse/repeat
Gigem713
I'm sorry to see Pop Quiz go. I think he would have lit it up for us this year. As much potential as RSJ has, he comes with drama and hands of stone. Pop Quiz was a game changer. I will miss him.
BeveledAg
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
And all those guys transferred....right?
Didn't say that... Just made a list
Useless post then brah.
What did you expect from a poster of his caliber?
Mysguidednlv
AG
(Edited - I have no beef with Quiv, though there may be kids who played football with and against him in high school that do. Not important, thanks for your time at A&M, Quiv.)

A kid with his talent in our scheme should be able to break into the roster. He got playing significant time as a freshman and early last year, then fell off the map at a time when we desperately needed receiver help (also around the time things started getting "weird" and rumors started flying about personality conflicts). I hope he got a fair shot.

Adios Quiv, once and Aggie, always an Aggie. Unless you try to run a shallow slant route against us...
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
I'm sorry to see Pop Quiz go. I think he would have lit it up for us this year. As much potential as RSJ has, he comes with drama and hands of stone. Pop Quiz was a game changer. I will miss him.

What is this based on? How on earth can you knock RSJ (who has actual production) and then claim Quiv was a game changer? He displayed the same stone hands you claim RSJ has. There are probably 30 guys on the roster that have more justifiable claim as a "game changer" than Quiv right now.
SpicewoodAg
AG
quote:
nor did Spav really try all that hard
FIFY
SpicewoodAg
AG
quote:
quote:
And all those guys transferred....right?
Didn't say that... Just made a list
Stop bragging.
SeaAGS
This one was coming. Quiz was telling the Cedar Hill recruits not to come to A&M.
TXCityGirl
These transfers will impact the graduation rates, so look for that to drop at some point.
BrandoC
AG
I hope we get past wanting to sign these shorter 165-175 pound receivers. If they do not have blazing speed and cannot even cut it as a returner, its hard for them to really contribute as a starter.
dln1957
AG
This is a big deal - there are only 4 possible choices and 3 are bad!! 1) This attition is the norm for all teams...no it's not, 2) We're recruiting the wrong players - ability, character/law, etc...i.e coaching issue, 3) We don't develop the players...i.e coaching issue, or 4) Our last two classes have better talent........i.e. coaching attaboy. Hopefully it's #4.
Bone6
quote:
I hope we get past wanting to sign these shorter 165-175 pound receivers. If they do not have blazing speed and cannot even cut it as a returner, its hard for them to really contribute as a starter.
This simply isn't true. Although there is a lot to be learned by our frustrations with attrition from the 2013 class, this isn't it.

The 90's/early 2000's where the dream of every OC was to have a WR group of all 6'4"+ players is ages ago. Sub 6' receivers who even by their senior year don't bloom up over 200 lbs. are productive all over college football right now. Sure, you definitely want big guys as part of your offense too, but short players who can run routes in their sleep and do a good job of getting yards after the catch are highly sought after in today's college football especially with the spread, and should continue to be sought after by us.

This thinking is just as dumb as thinking tall WR's should never be sought after since K. Parker is gone.
BrandoC
AG
If its so dumb why isnt he starting. Same goes for Ed Pope. 6'4 and only 190 pounds. Shows lack of effort in weight room and nutrition/gaining weight. Therefore spending your entire career 2nd and 3rd string.
permabull
AG
BMX Bandit
Not as much as losing the players on defense we needed much more. Especially in long run.

We still have depth issues on defense. This class is a big part of the reason

You can't seriously think that lack of players on the defense was not huge problem
07fta07
AG
To KU per his twitter
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.