Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

So you walk into a meeting of "equals" and one of your "friends" says...

11,953 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Kemo Sabe
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Again, your schtick is old.
redsquirrelAG
AG
quote:
Sigh... it's like speaking to someone that's 3 years old telling them not to play in dog ****. What they have done to us in the past didnt have any thing to do with OUR administration then or now. It has to do with the tactics they use to do what they do. For some strange reason that little fact just keeps being magically forgotten and that they are all ready to play fair and be loved by everyone. My biggest question is, why are you taking up for them in any way, shape or fashion. What is wrong with you. They are spinning the drain with the clown show that has been going on the last 3 years. They get a few decent players and you think they are all world. We said the same thing when the Fraud was here. Thought we were going places and then the games were played
Agsrback12
tu can be running that BDF conference and it won't matter. Let them stay where they are without a big time SEC team on te schedule.

We will play Bama, Auburn. LSU, SC, and a good ooc team every year. We are fine.

Recruits love us and charlie got his year one bump just like Fran. So what? Do you think the stuff he is selling them will work after another 6-6 season with 3+ blowout losses?

We don't need to have them on the schedule and have the chance at the equivalent of a 15 v 2 seed NCAA basketball upset only to breathe life back into that dumpster fire.

We will not need them at all. Let em rot.

Chickenhawk
Wtf is this?
greg.w.h
AG
I'm not sure why we focus on them. They made their choices. We made ours. Let's make our choices work.
ABATTBQ11
AG
OP has no friends
TXAGBQ76
AG
I remember my first beer op...
fireinthehole
Sips haven't beaten us consistently since the mid 70's. It is no coincidence that we started getting a lot of coeds in the mid 70's and our growth rate over took theirs. We.were actually equal or better than sips up until 1941. WWII stopped that. We continued to be military following the war, and small enrollment as the sips grew rapidly following the war. The big deficit in records took place from the 50's until the mid 70's.
Cannonball Craig III
AG
So boner6 is off this thread for good. Then this thread is a better place now.
My bet is that Boner6 is a sip with an office in Belmont. A member since 2004, but no Ag Tag.
Don't let up, DayAg. I feel 10 times stronger about it than you do.

And speaking of Belmont, whatever happened to Sodium Acetate and bASSale47. They were Belmonter's for sure. Maybe Boner6 now occupies one of their old offices.
Schrute Farms
quote:
Sips haven't beaten us consistently since the mid 70's. It is no coincidence that we started getting a lot of coeds in the mid 70's and our growth rate over took theirs. We.were actually equal or better than sips up until 1941. WWII stopped that. We continued to be military following the war, and small enrollment as the sips grew rapidly following the war. The big deficit in records took place from the 50's until the mid 70's.

This checks out. Since 1975, A&M leads the series 19-18. It would be much higher in A&M's favor with the exception of tu dominance last decade.

Break Down by Decade Since 1975

1975-1979: 3-2 Texas A&M
1980-1989: 7-3 Texas A&M
1990-1999: 6-4 Texas A&M
2000-2009: 2-8 Texas
2010-2011: 1-1 Tie
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

This checks out. Since 1975, A&M leads the series 19-18. It would be much higher in A&M's favor with the exception of tu dominance last decade.

Break Down by Decade Since 1975

1975-1979: 3-2 Texas A&M
1980-1989: 7-3 Texas A&M
1990-1999: 6-4 Texas A&M
2000-2009: 2-8 Texas
2010-2011: 1-1 Tie

That has more to do with recruiting than anything else, until right around then there weren't limits to how many recruits you could take. Tu being the cheaters they are, would just pay as many players as they could and so they would get almost all of the top talent in Texas. After the limits, we saw them come back to earth.
West Point Aggie
AG
Sorry bone-y but the game you long for is not
coming back to rivalry week...even if comes back at all.

Although I have no way of proving this, I don't think lsu (the SEC) would have agreed to end its 20+ year stint with Arkansas during that week without A&M agreeing that they would not end it all of the sudden because the nutless ones are suddenly in the mood. I would hope A&M is not that weak and pathetic!
Ringo88
AG
Bone6, does the "6" represent Class of '06? If so, I might guess that you're simply too young to grasp the full picture. It appears that you believe this "rivalry" is limited to the sport of football. Just trolling?

We've escaped from an abusive, co-dependent relationship with the metaphorical bleach-blonde crazy ex. We're now married to a beautiful brunette who, by all accounts, treats us well. Life seems to get better every day. But that doesn't mean you drop your guard and invite the crazy ex to your new home for dinner just because she's whining publicly that YOU are being immature by not wanting to be friends again. Isn't that what co-dependent crazy exes are supposed to do?

I loved those games, but now that we're completely removed from the dumpster fire, I'm okay if we never play again outside of occasional bowl games. I also now believe that as time passes and our national stature continues to rise, this sentiment among Ags will continue to spread. Commissioner Slive saw the potential here, and by all accounts he was correct.
aggiehawg
AG
OU has sold their souls for the Red River Rivalry game. Gave up their annual Nebraska game when the Big XII was formed, and remain shackled to the horns in conference alignment. Only now, it's money driven. Oklahoma, the state, doesn't bring enough to the table to make it attractive to the PAC, without the horns and ESPN converting the LHN into a regional PAC network.

OU had a chance to go to the SEC and be secure. They chose poorly.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
OU has sold their souls for the Red River Rivalry game. Gave up their annual Nebraska game when the Big XII was formed, and remain shackled to the horns in conference alignment. Only now, it's money driven. Oklahoma, the state, doesn't bring enough to the table to make it attractive to the PAC, without the horns and ESPN converting the LHN into a regional PAC network.

OU had a chance to go to the SEC and be secure. They chose poorly.

Which is good for us. We left the trap the Sooners laid down and accepted their fate.
hunter2012
AG
There's also this gem by Luicci in "SEC Ready" that needs to be on every "we miss water cooler talk with the sips" thread

quote:
"They are just going to push and push and push as far as they can, because that's what they do and that's what they've always done."

It's not about the game, it's about what they can get next using the game as a hostage.
APHIS AG
quote:
"Don't worry about the details. We took care of you and we'll continue to take care of you."

They took care of us alright. When we were not being bent over by the refs on the field or being investigated by their NCAA stooges or the slights, insults, and demeaning articles written by their "journalist". Sure they did not have to worry about the details since that book was written a long time ago.

That is why I would like to thank Loftin for finally recognizing our lapdog status and having the gonads to do something about it.

May we never, ever play again.
Cannonball Craig III
AG
Another insightful post by Aphis. Revenge is the provence of God. Thre past 3 years are a good verification of that.
Kemo Sabe
The horns made their bed, let them lie in it. We can't help it that it is infested with bed bugs. I don't miss the teasip game one damn bit. There is too much to look forward to at the start of the season to even think about the horns. I like where we are going as a program and a university and it does not include any involvement with the sips whatsoever. Plus the so-called rivalry week matchups are overrated, so that selling point can be sh@t canned immediately.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.