Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sad, Jim Dent Article.

5,748 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Cancelled
Buda6868
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/jim-dent/

sincereag
I remember him on the radio talk shows in Dallas. Is a very gifted sports writer.
Cornerback31
AG
I met Jim Dent in the MSC where he was signing his book, "The Junction Boys", a very good read. He was personable, friendly, a good conversationalist and seemingly a good guy. I had no idea of his alcohol problem. Still have the book. I hope he gets his life back on the right track.
Kemo Sabe
That's NOT the kind of rehab that you want to do for that problem. Too bad others can't or won't learn from Jim dent's mistakes.
CrottyKid
AG
His troubles have been discussed here before. He needed help at least 10 years ago.
rgarza35
AG
10 year sentence

Jim Dent in the pen for 10 years
DCC99
AG
Freaking loser. 10 DWI convictions, and only a 10 year sentence?! I hope he gets a "Lawrence Phillips" for a cellmate.
AggieJ29
AG
I had a beer last night and saw my car out the window. Really makes you think.
TxAggies2012
What's sad is the number of times he was allowed to continue endangering the public. Disgusting that he was allowed to be released after that many DWI's.

Guy deserves his time to rot. Never learned his lesson. It was going to take a dead victim, himself being dead, or incarceration for him to figure it out. And I'm not even sure incarceration will do the trick.
tamc12
AG
To me, this is not sad, but disgusting. In my opinion, from this article, he is a complete narcissist, has total disregard for those around him and those he puts in danger. He was given many more chances than the average Joe. I might have had sympathy for him the first couple of times, but after that, get a grip and do what is required to straighten out your life. I would not buy anything he publishes, as he is still looking out only himself. There was no remorse or shame communicated to his family, friends, readers, or fans in this article, only a chance to have the writer promote his next book. It's only his arrest and imprisonment that has stopped him from drinking and driving. He is trying to seize an opportunity for publicity.
Cancelled
AG
10? Are you freaking kidding me? If you're going to be an alcoholic, stay home. Jeez
Sex Panther
AG
How the hell is it even possible to get 10? Aren't you supposed to go to prison after 3?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
It's sad when it happens to famous people I guess. I personally don't find it sad at all. I'm glad this ******* is behind bars for a good while.
BrianOConner
BrianOConner
Cancelled
AG
I finally read the article. The guy is a bozo and a loser. What a life - dedicated to writing about the achievements of college athletes.

He can rot for all I care. I can understand one..or even two DWIs, but this guy knew he had a problem and kept on. Hell...after 5 you might say "man, I need to make some changes". He didn't because he's likely a selfish dbag.

I like to drink beer as much as the next guy, but when you reach a certain age, you can't keep getting blitzed. He should have seeked help. He's lucky he didn't kill someone. I hope he enjoys being sober.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.