Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*******OFFICIAL SEAT AVAILABILITY THREAD*******

129,529 Views | 846 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tabasco
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it possible that as each of us pick in our sections we come here to texags and post something like "looked like 80% availability in section 502, first couple rows and all aisles already taken"?

Is this useful? Is it frowned upon? Would it be more misleading than informative? Pointless since it doesn't change any of our situations?

Anyone else think this would be interesting? Arguments for or against?
Definitely Not A Cop
Sq 17
it might reduce the disappointment
it would be informative because people will have an idea
if they made a good choice back when they chose their section
not that they can do anything with the knowledge

right now the Prime east bench people ( myself included )are slightly disappointed and
by the end of the week those donor will be more disappointed
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think your username says it all.
Complete Idiot
I don't understand.
Sq 17
my post or champs
Complete Idiot
Who did the what now?
Sq 17
I just chose in the east bench and was disappointed with how many seats were gone
I was still able to pick in the 18th row ( see east bench thread )

donors picking in that section later will be disappointed in how many seats are gone
and their seats might not be high enough to see well over the opposing team

did that help explain
Complete Idiot
I was playing dumb, gotta live up to username

What you just posted is exactly the type of info I was thinking folks could come here and share. Just curious if others think it has value and are willing to contribute

I pick April 16th and will share info, have tickets in two different seating areas
WILDMAN95
AG
All seats will be able to see fine over the opposing bench. The field is several feet lower than the lowest row of seats. One thing you can't really see from those seats is the HYL. He stands too close to the wall, behind the opposing team. That is, as long as those sections remain "standing sections".
Sq 17
I figure it will still be a standing section
I hope the lowered field will make it easier to see over the bench
Still somewhat surprised that the entire top 1/3 of the section was completely gone
WILDMAN95
AG
I figure it will too, until the TMF passes their threshold of an acceptable number of complaints from the bigwigs on the top several rows.
CyberWCM
My reaction to the process is as follows: most everyone is going to end up surprised and disappointed with the seat selections available at their appointment. My appointment was March 28 (12 days after the official start). Because I spent most of my 30 minutes scrambling to find seats when I discovered my usual seats were taken, I did not have time to calculate precisely how many seats were still left. My impression was that well more than half were gone. Based on my Priority Points, I was at roughly the 50% mark in my area.

My paranoid mind wonders if the 30 minute browsing limit is designed to keep folks from doing that arithmetic.

So what happened? It could be that the 50% whose appointments were before mine requested a lot of seats per person. Very possible. The only other variable is the ADA factor. I'll never know.

Also, parking is just woeful as witnessed by the give up email recently from TMF offering refunds if you are not happy with the slim pickings left at this point.
FourAggies
AG
Unfortunately, this is a scary scenario. Will the university guests really want to stand all game? Can you imagine the storm, if they send an usher/security to ask people to sit down? They should move the guests to the top rows of the faculty and staff section, where they are probably going to be sitting down..
WILDMAN95
AG
Oh, it will unfortunately happen to some extent. The bigwigs up top, coupled with the folks bumped from the west side that are accustomed to sitting.
Sq 17
west side first deck are used to standing
JaySugar
Good idea for this thread.
Has anyone picked their seats in the south endzone middle deck?
I'm not picking til Apr. 29.
Sq 17
cyber if you don't mind me asking which section were choosing from that was already 1/2 gone 3 days ago
AggieBiker
AG
quote:
I too am picking Apr. 29th Jay. As for the OP thread idea this is a good one provided we have enough seat holders here to get a good sampling of the sections. Also good if you put what percent of seats sold in your area was predicted by your appointment time. In other words, my PP standing says 8% of the seats in the South Bench will be gone when I pick and 32% in the Southeast Bench.
AggieBiker
AG
quote:
I just chose in the east bench and was disappointed with how many seats were gone

donors picking in that section later will be disappointed in how many seats are gone

did that help explain
I sat on row 19 last year and in the prior configuration as well for two years. We had no problem seeing over the visiting players unless something happened right on the sideline. We loved our seats and I would gladly trade with you.
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
quote:

did that help explain
I sat on row 19 last year and in the prior configuration as well for two years. We had no problem seeing over the visiting players unless something happened right on the sideline. We loved our seats and I would gladly trade with you.
Ditto this, except we were on row 22 last year and the equivalent the previous two.
Sq 17
I am fortunate and my seats will be great
I Was west deck row 23 so I know I will be able to see
My disappointment is more from logging in and seeing
All of the top rows gone than from the outcome of my seat selection
The Original AG 76
AG
Like yall I would like to be able to watch the seats a they go just like we can watch the parking lots fill up.
I am afraid that in a few more weeks the sh@y gonna really hit the fan when we see that there is damn near nothing left on campus. It is interesting how few are picking lot P right now. The cluster F that happens every game trying to get out of that damn garage far outweighs the locale.
Supposedly 2015 will be the worst parking availability but the claim that there will be new options coming on line by 2016.
KW02
AG
quote:
The cluster F that happens every game trying to get out of that damn garage far outweighs the locale.
True.
JaySugar
ttt
Complete Idiot
I never had much of a problem getting out of Lot P, comparable to other lots provided you park early and can park on the best level for exiting.

Does this thread already exist on the premium board? I am surprised more aren't interested in sharing here. I realize it's a pay it forward thing only and for people that already selected they get nothing out of it, other than helping your fellow Ags.
Sq 17
sentence structure is confusing
are you surprised by lack of participation ?
85AustinAg
AG

I got Section 245, Row 3 on the aisle on 3/23/15. It was the first seats selected in this area. Row 3 gets above the rail and above the mess that typically collects on row 1 from rain, storms, trash (from what I was told).
85AustinAg
AG
ddp
CyberWCM
Zone Club
johnatexasaggie
AG
85AustinAg - we had those seats this past season. We thought they were great. Be prepared for the bounce house effect though. Hope to be in the same area. Pick date is 4/27.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Sq 17
WCM thanks for the info
IMO the Zone club went so quickly because this is a 15 year assignment and
lots of older ags decided that they would be needing the zone amenities
within the next 15 years
but did not feel like going into the west club sections
MagnumLoad
quote:

I got Section 245, Row 3 on the aisle on 2/23/15. It was the first seats selected in this area. Row 3 gets above the rail and above the mess that typically collects on row 1 from rain, storms, trash (from what I was told).
How so Austin? The selection process did not start until 3/16. Maybe you meant 3/23/15. Typo?
FYI, the bounce house effect is being fixed.

Edited to add that I was in 245 last year and liked it. Only negative is the big board behind you looks pixelated from that angle. Sound was real bad, but that was due to using part of the old sound system and part of the new. This year the entire new sound system will be in place I believe.
Grits
AG
What's with the constellation in the title brah? too many stars
Joan Wilder
AG
This is a great idea for a thread. I pick in SEZ middle deck on 4/21...i'm hoping i can get west of the goal posts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.