Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Taylor Jacobs Gofundme via MFBarnes

27,582 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MorgansPoint
Chazz03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah I don't really understand you taking this on steve. I think it really needs to drop. Promising to raise the returned funds at this point is ridiculous. As for the 4000 amount I would hope it goes to the right place but I have real doubts and have just chalked it up as another loss of trusting others to do right but not which has happened plenty of times before. Which is one of the positive sides of crowd funding being that the inherent risk is spread out. I hope barnes gets his **** together in the end but there is no point in trying to make up the 2500 difference
SteveBott
AG
Frisco me and PB are just messing with each other. I've done multiple deals with the guy. Jackass in Varaity is an honor . It's OK
KW02
AG
quote:
I hope barnes gets ****** in the end while in jail but there is no point in trying to make up the 2500 difference

FIFY.

The guy has already been convicted of theft, forgery and credit card abuse not to mention a judgment for fraud/etc in a civil case. He needs to go back to prison. It is not ok that he gives it back now that he is caught.
powerbiscuit
quote:
quote:
I hope barnes gets ****** in the end while in jail but there is no point in trying to make up the 2500 difference
FIFY.

The guy has already been convicted of theft, forgery and credit card abuse not to mention a judgment for fraud/etc in a civil case. He needs to go back to prison. It is not ok that he gives it back now that he is caught.

I'm with you on Barnes, but I'd also like to see the girl actually get the money.

and Bott makes money off me when I trade houses, so it's all good between him and me. I'm not sure what I get out of the deal... other than being called a jackass as he takes my check.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Frisco me and PB are just messing with each other. I've done multiple deals with the guy. Jackass in Varaity is an honor . It's OK

Oh
Lungblood
This is like Young Guns in real life.
Texaggie7nine
Y'all do realize that if MFBarnes had intended to keep the $, he would have outed himself and lost all the credibility he thought he had before he was found out on the auto board. I'm guessing he actually intended to hand the money over anyways.
7nine
Ackley
quote:
Y'all do realize that if MFBarnes had intended to keep the $, he would have outed himself and lost all the credibility he thought he had before he was found out on the auto board. I'm guessing he actually intended to hand the money over anyways.

No way. Look at the guys criminal record.

If that weren't the case, he wouldn't have set up the gofundme to look like it was actually set up by the Jacobs family.
Texaggie7nine
He had his name as the creator. It showed right on the gofundme page.
7nine
Three Seasons
AG
I think you have it backwards.

Show where Mark F. Barnes was promoting the Jacob relief effort. If he was going to give the money to the family than he would have been promoting that all over TexAgs. He latched on to the naming of JFF, the 1919 letter, etc. He would have made a BIG deal out of his noble effort.

He did not.

He was silent.

He only started covering his a$$ when TexAgs made the connection to the gofundme effort AFTER he was exposed as a fraud.
The Collective
AG
Barnes was pretty bold. He lied in the article to Sam Kahn that he was with the guy when he found the recruiting letter. I wonder why he wasn't exposed at that very moment as a liar and fraud. I think he intended to keep this money for himself. The fact that the money hasn't been paid yet is proof of that fact.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
I think you have it backwards.

Show where Mark F. Barnes was promoting the Jacob relief effort. If he was going to give the money to the family than he would have been promoting that all over TexAgs. He latched on to the naming of JFF, the 1919 letter, etc. He would have made a BIG deal out of his noble effort.

He did not.

He was silent.

He only started covering his a$ when TexAgs made the connection to the gofundme effort AFTER he was exposed as a fraud.
He liked to be subtle about his lies. Humble brag if you will.

It just seems his M.O. was more about gaining respect and admiration than gaining $.
7nine
KW02
AG
quote:
The fact that the money hasn't been paid yet is proof of that fact.
ding, ding ding.

To the people that said he intended the money to go to the family: What is the explanation for not having all the money to give to the Jacobs family?
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:
ding, ding ding.

To the people that said he intended the money to go to the family: What is the explanation for not having all the money to give to the Jacobs family?
First off, he was caught as an overall fraud, so since he has no reputation to preserve, the motivation to stay true to his word is out the window.

Secondly, I don't know how gofundme funds work. How quickly the site distributes all the funds to the account holder, ect.
7nine
itsyourboypookie
quote:
Barnes was pretty bold. He lied in the article to Sam Kahn that he was with the guy when he found the recruiting letter. I wonder why he wasn't exposed at that very moment as a liar and fraud. I think he intended to keep this money for himself. The fact that the money hasn't been paid yet is proof of that fact.

Said he knows Sam and Brandon and they are good friends. Also said he knows Brent. They all love him. I'm eagerly anticipating Mr. Botts story when he decides to tell it.
itsyourboypookie
quote:
quote:
quote:
ding, ding ding.

First off, he was caught as an overall fraud, so since he has no reputation to preserve, the motivation to stay true to his word is out the window.

Secondly, I don't know how gofundme funds work. How quickly the site distributes all the funds to the account holder, ect.

Same day direct deposit.
Texaggie7nine
So maybe, if guitarsoup would have waited a few days before outing him he would have paid the money to the family.
7nine
Ackley
His description on the gofundme page was taken verbatim from a facebook post, as if he were the one to have lost his house.

I'm not sure how you can overlook his 10+ convictions for fraud, theft, and forgery so easily.
Texaggie7nine
I'm just looking at his motivation. He's put years into building his TexAgs persona and what he thinks is his reputation. I don't think he was going to give it all up for a quick 6k.

Unless, I guess, if he thought he could somehow not give the money to the family and no one would have raised any questions.
7nine
Chazz03
AG
quote:

Unless, I guess, if he thought he could somehow not give the money to the family and no one would have raised any questions.
Ding ding ding.
Texaggie7nine
Don't see how he could expect the family to never hear of the fundraiser.
7nine
sayas2005
AG
quote:
I'm guessing it just sounds so foreign to you because you would never try to commit fraud.
You also have seen movies of elaborate, intelligent cons and assume they're all smart to avoid detection.

This is a man who was convicted of felony fraud, who lost another fraud lawsuit, and was intelligent enough to try to photoshop a fake driver's license saying he was six feet eighty inches tall. Or didn't question why a tombstone that said his granddad lived to 118 was a bad lie.

Seriously, you want to believe that money was intended to be passed along to the family?
itsyourboypookie
quote:
quote:
I'm guessing it just sounds so foreign to you because you would never try to commit fraud.
You also have seen movies of elaborate, intelligent cons and assume they're all smart to avoid detection.

This is a man who was convicted of felony fraud, who lost another fraud lawsuit, and was intelligent enough to try to photoshop a fake driver's license saying he was six feet eighty inches tall. Or didn't question why a tombstone that said his granddad lived to 118 was a bad lie.

Seriously, you want to believe that money was intended to be passed along to the family?

No need bringing facts into this
Texaggie7nine
I think yall are underestimating his desire to be admired on here.

They payoff of being the guy that raised the money for them and somehow connecting himself with it I would think would be more valuable to him than a measly 6k.
7nine
Chazz03
AG
quote:

They payoff of being the guy that raised the money for them and somehow connecting himself with it I would think would be more valuable to him than a measly 6k.

He technically could have had both.
itsyourboypookie
quote:

Now I'm stepping in what your ****ting
ag92tx
Yeah but why then is he paying part of it back in installments? If he truly intended to give her the $ why not just transfer the full amount when all this blew up?
Texaggie7nine
Because he has no more motivation to build up his reputation if it all blew up due to other circumstances. Might as well keep the money if you can get away with it.
7nine
SteveBott
AG

Here are the facts. The Jacob family are salt of the earth folks with both kids going to A&M. Taylor graduated and the son is on his way and has a ring. Their home burned to the ground and investigators still cant find the cause. The only things recovered was the son's ring and two buckles won in rodeos by TJ.

Barnes started a GFM account to help the family and it received 6874 in donations. When all the hoopla was going down I got a PM from Barnes to call him. I did. He wanted info on his family deleted which is reasonable. While on the phone I asked about the fund because many folks were posting doubts about it being real. He stated he was going to move the money from his account this week after the family came back from the rodeo. I asked him to expidite this due to donors concerns. He agreed. He stated his mobile limit was 2K so he transferred 2K twice so 4K total. During the transfer the account had 2450 in refunds request so we are waiting for GFM to wade through all those to get a final number.

6874-4000-2450=424

There could be more refund requests since I texted with him Monday.

We have independently verified through the AFS office the 4K has been received.

Now we wait on final outcome of the refunds
The Collective
AG
Thanks, Bott. I take it you knew Barnes outside of Texags or maybe met him because of Texags? Was he involved to some extent? Did he attend TA events? Just curious.
FullDraw
AG
So when barnes got busted, he began to pay up.

That's how I read that.
itsyourboypookie
quote:
Thanks, Bott. I take it you knew Barnes outside of Texags or maybe met him because of Texags? Was he involved to some extent? Did he attend TA events? Just curious.

Bott was once a mod
SteveBott
AG
Never met him. Never before talked to him. He knew I have connections with TA and wanted me to use them to remove the info about his family on the forums.
unmade bed
Just curious if he happened to mention why he would create a GFM account to benefit someone else without any contact with them?
The Collective
AG
I'm aware. Bott's reputation is well known.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.