Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Taylor Jacobs Gofundme via MFBarnes

27,624 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MorgansPoint
itsyourboypookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Taylor Jacob responded to a Face Book message and said Barnes contacted her and said she had $2,000 coming her way and additional distributions would be in 2, 000 increments. I don't know when he contacted her. I certainly don't trust him to send her any money.

Posted by a premium poster. If you donated you may want to contact gofundme.
AgsLv44
AG
Sounds like most are going to be requesting refunds from gofundme. Another poster suggested setting up a new account through a trusted source so those who donated would be able to donate again after they have been issued a refund.

Would be nice if donations could go directly to Taylor instead of through a third party.
FightingAggie
JunctionBoyz
What a POS if he really did that...
nai06
AG
one of the great things about go fund me is that you can reach a lot of people and it doesnt charge donors transaction fees. They take their cut before the funds are distributed. Based on whats been raised so far, that would be about $6200. That money would be sent via check to barnes or direct deposited into his account. He would then have to send a check or money order Taylor Jacob.
Three Seasons
AG
That premium post has now been deleted for some reason
Cancelled
AG
How much was raised? What's the problem?
impavidus
AG
Over 6k was raised
Three Seasons
AG
This is the cashed information. The official funding page has been suspended. In short, it looks like the Jacob family knew nothing about the GoFundMe campaign and that Mark F. Barnes was allegedly pocketing the money. There is information that Mark F. Barnes is possibly paying the money back to the family in installments, but nothing is official.
AgsLv44
AG
Nm
r2row23
AG
He has a MeetMe account hahahaha. I wonder if his wife knows he's trying to pick up girls there??
Three Seasons
AG
Yes...you have to type in the name and "gofundme" into Google ~ the page cannot be found.

forgot to type in the name Mark F. Barnes ...that way it will be easier to pull up in google.
ag92tx
quote:
That premium post has now been deleted for some reason

Why would they delete something like this?
Three Seasons
AG
the meet me account was probably set up by someone else...where is the link? If it is him then he will be there to delete it quickly so you better get a screen shot.
r2row23
AG
Found it on pipl dot com. Search his name there with his city and you'll find many links.
Three Seasons
AG
...and another thread is locked on premium...deleted my comments so that this thread might stay alive...but from there ~ the same question should apply here...

Moderation Question12:52pAAGAre the numerous threads being locked or deleted because posters are flagging them, or are they being locked or deleted because the moderation on this site simply disagrees or does not like the content?

It really seems like the threads, especially about people getting ripped off by one of the posters, are being shut down because staff wants the issue to just go away. Looks like those who gave money weren't the only ones duped by Barnes. Staff, like many posters on the site, obviously thought Barnes was a bit more important than he turned out to be.
The Collective
AG
That guy is a POS. Wish someone would find a way to get his ass put in prison.
itsyourboypookie
quote:
...and another thread is locked on premium...deleted my comments so that this thread might stay alive...but from there ~ the same question should apply here...

Moderation Question12:52pAAGAre the numerous threads being locked or deleted because posters are flagging them, or are they being locked or deleted because the moderation on this site simply disagrees or does not like the content?

It really seems like the threads, especially about people getting ripped off by one of the posters, are being shut down because staff wants the issue to just go away. Looks like those who gave money weren't the only ones duped by Barnes. Staff, like many posters on the site, obviously thought Barnes was a bit more important than he turned out to be.

You got stars bro?
Three Seasons
AG
No stars...and as far as what should be done?

Mark F. Barnes has hid in the dark for some time...its time to shed some light on the subject outside of TexAgs. The complaints to GoFundMe should also include a call to local authorities. If some law has been violated then it should be those in charge to make that decision.
AggieTFA06
AG
forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but who is MFbarnes and what is going on with him?
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Capt. America
AG
quote:
forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but who is MFbarnes and what is going on with him?
He's basically the TexAgs version of Brian Williams.
jeffk
AG
When you set up a GFM account, you can choose to have the account creator or the charitable party receive the funds. Barnes chose to receive the funds himself and most likely pocket the money until TA folks started sniffing around.

If anyone ever sets up an account in the future, I'd recommend they make it so that the party in need gets the money directly instead of through a middleman - if for no other reason than to avoid the slightest hint of impropriety.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
read this thread.

all of it.

http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2608388
AggieTFA06
AG
thanks jeffk, capt america, & 3rd coast ag.

also capt america- I had a good laugh at your remark
AggieTFA06
AG
just started reading the thread that 3rd coast ag referenced. WOW! I can't believe I missed this. Thanks for posting this.

As for Capt America- you weren't kidding when you said that this is the texags version of Brian Williams. Has someone called the police on barnes over the gofundme request?
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
MorgansPoint
Three Seasons
AG
I'm read only on premium (yes I'm a non-traditional PhD student~ full time dad and educator) but some of the questions raised there and here are crossing over...so with that in mind some questions have branched out into the family area ~ my response ~

Brad Barnes (athletics) is not related. Clayton (student '16) is...and works with a friend of my son's @ A&M. Point is that Mark F. Barnes has kids and the kids can't help that he is their father ~ knowing that (I and we) should leave the kids out of it and if Mark has issues then he should work them out. If Mark broke the law then that should be addressed.
My (WAG) guess that his DBA company is defunct and he is working on an oil crew somewhere trying to make ends meet while paying for bills, A&M tuition for his son, and his hefty judgement from the lawsuit information found. Not an enviable position to be in ~ and while not justification for fraud ~ sometimes people do crazy things when backed into a financial corner. Hopefully he can find the help he needs and get his life straightened out.
itsyourboypookie
quote:
I'm read only on premium (yes I'm a non-traditional PhD student~ full time dad and educator) but some of the questions raised there and here are crossing over...so with that in mind some questions have branched out into the family area ~ my response ~

Brad Barnes (athletics) is not related. Clayton (student '16) is...and works with a friend of my son's @ A&M. Point is that Mark F. Barnes has kids and the kids can't help that he is their father ~ knowing that (I and we) should leave the kids out of it and if Mark has issues then he should work them out. If Mark broke the law then that should be addressed.
My (WAG) guess that his DBA company is defunct and he is working on an oil crew somewhere trying to make ends meet while paying for bills, A&M tuition for his son, and his hefty judgement from the lawsuit information found. Not an enviable position to be in ~ and while not justification for fraud ~ sometimes people do crazy things when backed into a financial corner. Hopefully he can find the help he needs and get his life straightened out.

Understanding the business he is in this is entirely possible.
powerbiscuit
quote:

His criminal record was posted on the other threads. This isn't a one time deal due to a bad situation for this guy. Search his criminal record in Dallas and Brazos county.
usmcbrooks
What a "web" of lies Barnes has created.
Chazz03
AG
Some Ag just donated to the fund
Sid Farkas
AG
quote:
quote:

His criminal record was posted on the other threads. This isn't a one time deal due to a bad situation for this guy. Search his criminal record in Dallas and Brazos county.
Yep. T&P for the kids. As for the dad: give him the chair
Capt. America
AG
quote:
thanks jeffk, capt america, & 3rd coast ag.

also capt america- I had a good laugh at your remark
I aim to please.
HookThis
AG
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Thanks for posting, just donated.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.