Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I do not ask this lightly...

21,082 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Skull Session
Raptor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please understand that in the next 330+ days and beyond that not every single blue chip recruit will want to come to Texas A&M for football or even (gasp) a quality education. Post with respect to all recruits, their families, their final destination of higher education, Texas A&M coaches, staff and current players, as well as yourself. Believe it or not, but there are actually people in this world that do not want to be a Fightin' Texas Aggie.

There are actually good things about every single other school (location, size, and coaches - yes, the other schools have great coaches as well) that will resonate with these impressionable young men in ways you cannot fathom. I walked from building to building on this campus, said "Howdy" more times in one day then most cowboys said it in a lifetime, and fully support my Aggies 100% win or time ran out.

I also support these high school graduates that can't all be one of the 25 people we hand pick from across the nation to become Aggies. These kids who grew up seeing programs from all over the nation (something we 30-70 somethings didn't always have the luxury of seeing each weekend. With web sites like _________ and Hudl bridging the gap for recruiters and recruits across the globe, it's no wonder that Texas born and bred kids are fleeing the Lone Star State for greener pastures, higher mountains, and (wait for it) better programs for them and their families.

Whether these "kids" follow a coach, their family's wishes, a teammate, or their heart...let them be. After seeing multiple former student-athletes of mine get recruited, lied to, promised the moon, and flown around the country and then listening to their tales of women, amazing classes, and coaches who "get them" then it made me realize that Texas A&M isn't the center of the Universe. Texas A&M is just the best school for me and millions of my classmates and not every single 5 star stud will be lucky enough to join our family.

I wish them well wherever they land!

This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

dimeboxaggie
AG
Tldr
Citizen Reign
Except for the ones that choose to go to OU.

They are aholes.
ccatag
AG
Well said raptor
Southeastern Conference
AG
The evolution of Raptor
Motel California
S
Tldr
can't take anything he says serious any way
AgPediRPh
AG
Sad that adults need to be told to behave
TexanJeff
AG
What prompted this, Raptor?
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Raptor
NavyAg92
AG
Rapture
BeveledAg
OP
Classof19
AG
Except for that school in austin...
eAGer
AG
quote:

Who you callin' adults!?!? Smile when you say that!
Raptor
AG
quote:
Just tired of a few odd Aggies publicly ripping recruits they've never met, because the "kid" didn't choose A&M as their school. It's a desperate attempt of controlling something that they are powerless to affect...unless they attack them personally. You'd be surprised how fast that news travels to the recruit and their family. Not everyone wants to be an Aggie, Longhorn, or even play in Texas.

Let them be. Enjoy the ones that choose to be a part of our family.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

jeffk
TexanJeff
AG
quote:
quote:
Just tired of a few odd Aggies publicly ripping recruits they've never met, because the "kid" didn't choose A&M as their school. It's a desperate attempt of controlling something that they are powerless to affect...unless they attack them personally. You'd be surprised how fast that news travels to the recruit and their family. Not everyone wants to be an Aggie, Longhorn, or even play in Texas.

Right, I got that from OP. I was wondering if something specific happened this week?
Raptor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Right, I got that from OP. I was wondering if something specific happened this week?
Oh, track season officially started and I slept more than 4 hours.
No Spin Ag
For Raptor.
HECUBUS
AG
Bad, but not as bad as the criticism of current student athletes. Imagine the dream come true of your kid earning an athletic scholorship only to read the kind of kneejerkknuckleheaderyism posted on most college message boards.

And, PanhandleSlim is a liberal. Just kidding.
Meximan
Ags do need to learn to conduct themselves more respectably.
AgKJ
AG
Raptor is like rugby shirts. There was a time for that, but it has long since past...
Tomdoss92
AG
I too like to yell obvious statements and platitudes to the anonymous public.

I feel better regardless of the affect on the audience.
Lungblood
quote:
Raptor is like rugby shirts. There was a time for that, but it has long since past...

stark_ag
AG
quote:
I love rugby shirts.
ffco
Raptor: It's a desperate attempt of controlling something that they are powerless to affect.

Like rain on your wedding day?
itsyourboypookie
I prayed and voted
Bajan
AG
After seeing multiple former student-athletes of mine get recruited, lied to, promised the moon, and flown around the country and then listening to their tales of women, amazing classes, and coaches who "get them"

Such as..
Canvasback
mpaggie06
AG
But Malik Jefferson made the biggest mistake of his lifetime when he held us hostage and ultimately decided to go play for Chollie Strong and go to that horrible school in Austin instead of coming to A&M where he obviously would have gotten a better education and better football instruction under a coordinator who didn't exist at the time but was obviously worth blindly jumping for. I'm still so pissed at what a stupid decision that was that I just can't be nice to him! Rabble rabble rabble.
mcag83
AG
FriscoKid
AG
quote:

Sad that adults think they can tell me what to do.
cecil77
AG
It took having a couple of kids go to different (gasp!) schools to realize that ALL schools of ALL sizes and have some cool traditions, some nice people, and can be an enjoyable experience.

Raptor, proud that you are among my oldest (meaning longest time) texas friends! Hard to believe that the Carrollton Rec Center was 12 years ago!!

Grits
AG
Hey OP if you're done marginalizing Texas A&M you can go turn in your ring to sully, and delete your account on here while you're at it...and i mean that in the nicest way "possible".

There are several factors that set us apart from nearly every other school in the country except for some of the military academies, one of which was donated by former Gov. Shivers and hangs inside the academic center....
cecil77
AG
While that may have been true at one time, it's really not now.

I love A&M and being and Aggie. But the "we're all that" hubris we've developed the past decade or so doesn't serve us well.

The OP in no way marginalized us.
Grits
AG
yes he did. some Aggies might have hubris, most of us have pride....and then there is the 2%
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.