Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I do not ask this lightly...

21,084 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Skull Session
cecil77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Huh? How?

He said that Aggies should stay classy and gracious when young men choose another school. That's a very Aggie sentiment.
OrygunAg
AG
Wholeheartedly agree, well except any kid that chooses big tex conference. Cause that is full on mentally challenged...
Chavis Sweet Stache
AG
Craigy
The decision on where to go to school is 100% on them and their family. Don't ever berade a high school kid and their choice of schools. It reveals your weakness. On another note, I also laugh when fans in professional sports want to tell their stars WHEN they should retire. My goodness.
Ex-liberalag12
Lungblood
quote:
The decision on where to go to school is 100% on them and their family. Don't ever berade a high school kid and their choice of schools. It reveals your weakness. On another note, I also laugh when fans in professional sports want to tell their stars WHEN they should retire. My goodness.

Don't ever beerade a high school kid either. It's against the law.
welborn
You have a child......and someone bedowngrades em, or belittles em......
Cancer Boy
quote:
Except for that school in austin...

Nice signature, junior. You're gonna fit right in at fishcamp

Raptor
AG
quote:
Hey OP if you're done marginalizing Texas A&M you can go turn in your ring to sully, and delete your account on here while you're at it...and i mean that in the nicest way "possible".

There are several factors that set us apart from nearly every other school in the country except for some of the military academies, one of which was donated by former Gov. Shivers and hangs inside the academic center....
Marginalization?

Is that like writing in the margins or the fake butter stuff?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Citizen Reign
nm
heineman78
Grits
AG
quote:
quote:
Hey OP if you're done marginalizing Texas A&M you can go turn in your ring to sully, and delete your account on here while you're at it...and i mean that in the nicest way "possible".

There are several factors that set us apart from nearly every other school in the country except for some of the military academies, one of which was donated by former Gov. Shivers and hangs inside the academic center....
Marginalization?

Is that like writing in the margins or the fake butter stuff?
that would be margarinealize... the act of buttering toast and or lubricating your bread. learn2sarcasm
Raptor
AG
Wat?
tamuangry
Oh Raptor...

Since I was first introduced to the great time waster that is texags, I have enjoyed your offbeat approach to inciting riots in this place. I have just one question, who are you?

-tamuangry
Raptor
AG
tamuangry said:

Oh Raptor...

Since I was first introduced to the great time waster that is texags, I have enjoyed your offbeat approach to inciting riots in this place. I have just one question, who are you?

-tamuangry
It's that time of year again!
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Zamacuco
Raptor said:

tamuangry said:

Oh Raptor...

-tamuangry
Except with Jimbo this year we are getting everyone!!!!

PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Well thought and well said.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
mjfrog
AG
T&P for this thread.
AGinHI
AG
CDMAG10 said:

Raptor said:

tamuangry said:

Oh Raptor...

-tamuangry
Except with Jimbo this year we are getting everyone!!!!

Jlove1770
AG
Citizen Reign said:

Except for the ones that choose to go to OU.

They are aholes.

That just makes them dumbasses
zephyr88
AG
Somehow, I knew Raptor bumped his old thread
aeon-ag
Raptor said:

Please understand that in the next 330+ days and beyond that not every single blue chip recruit will want to come to Texas A&M for football or even (gasp) a quality education. Post with respect to all recruits, their families, their final destination of higher education, Texas A&M coaches, staff and current players, as well as yourself. Believe it or not, but there are actually people in this world that do not want to be a Fightin' Texas Aggie.

There are actually good things about every single other school (location, size, and coaches - yes, the other schools have great coaches as well) that will resonate with these impressionable young men in ways you cannot fathom. I walked from building to building on this campus, said "Howdy" more times in one day then most cowboys said it in a lifetime, and fully support my Aggies 100% win or time ran out.

I also support these high school graduates that can't all be one of the 25 people we hand pick from across the nation to become Aggies. These kids who grew up seeing programs from all over the nation (something we 30-70 somethings didn't always have the luxury of seeing each weekend. With web sites like _________ and Hudl bridging the gap for recruiters and recruits across the globe, it's no wonder that Texas born and bred kids are fleeing the Lone Star State for greener pastures, higher mountains, and (wait for it) better programs for them and their families.

Whether these "kids" follow a coach, their family's wishes, a teammate, or their heart...let them be. After seeing multiple former student-athletes of mine get recruited, lied to, promised the moon, and flown around the country and then listening to their tales of women, amazing classes, and coaches who "get them" then it made me realize that Texas A&M isn't the center of the Universe. Texas A&M is just the best school for me and millions of my classmates and not every single 5 star stud will be lucky enough to join our family.

I wish them well wherever they land!

"even (gasp) a quality education" Want to talk about education??!! A&M spends $450 million on a new stadium, $75 million on a coach and someone dare mention education???!!! Does any Dean make $1 million, department head, combined professors, $75 mil? It's not hard to realize where priorities lie.
Lateralus Ag
AG
aeon-ag said:

Raptor said:

Please understand that in the next 330+ days and beyond that not every single blue chip recruit will want to come to Texas A&M for football or even (gasp) a quality education. Post with respect to all recruits, their families, their final destination of higher education, Texas A&M coaches, staff and current players, as well as yourself. Believe it or not, but there are actually people in this world that do not want to be a Fightin' Texas Aggie.

There are actually good things about every single other school (location, size, and coaches - yes, the other schools have great coaches as well) that will resonate with these impressionable young men in ways you cannot fathom. I walked from building to building on this campus, said "Howdy" more times in one day then most cowboys said it in a lifetime, and fully support my Aggies 100% win or time ran out.

I also support these high school graduates that can't all be one of the 25 people we hand pick from across the nation to become Aggies. These kids who grew up seeing programs from all over the nation (something we 30-70 somethings didn't always have the luxury of seeing each weekend. With web sites like _________ and Hudl bridging the gap for recruiters and recruits across the globe, it's no wonder that Texas born and bred kids are fleeing the Lone Star State for greener pastures, higher mountains, and (wait for it) better programs for them and their families.

Whether these "kids" follow a coach, their family's wishes, a teammate, or their heart...let them be. After seeing multiple former student-athletes of mine get recruited, lied to, promised the moon, and flown around the country and then listening to their tales of women, amazing classes, and coaches who "get them" then it made me realize that Texas A&M isn't the center of the Universe. Texas A&M is just the best school for me and millions of my classmates and not every single 5 star stud will be lucky enough to join our family.

I wish them well wherever they land!

"even (gasp) a quality education" Want to talk about education??!! A&M spends $450 million on a new stadium, $75 million on a coach and someone dare mention education???!!! Does any Dean make $1 million, department head, combined professors, $75 mil? It's not hard to realize where priorities lie.

There isn't a single professor at A&M that warrants even a $200k a year salary.

Most are overpaid based on the value they provide. At least Jimbo and the ADept can generate economic justification for the money spent.

I am not saying profs aren't valuable. Just not THAT valuable.

HTH.
The Catalyst
AG
dcrown
You'll get over it.
Skull Session
I refuse to get on twitter or instagram or any other platform on which to berate these 5 star athletes for their poor decision making skills. If a piece of ass and a pickup is the highlight of your recruiting trip then trying to reason with them is really out of the question.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.