Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Shutout LSU

13,640 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 67walkon
mongey donk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm a Texas Tiger and Aggies have always been welcome at our tailgate parties. My friends that would go over with me from College Station all enjoyed their trip 2 years ago and not one LSU fan gave my Aggie friends any grief. We are like everyone else, including Aggies and I grew up near CS, we have a minority of fans are jerks who think the most important thing in their lives is to act stupid. Now with the Chavis nonsense which I hope would resolve itself soon (I don't care how it works out - just want it done and we can all move on), that may cause more determination in the fanbase, but I hope not.

I know lots of good LSU folk and in real life it's acceptable to be so kind and courteous and attempt to actually build a good-natured rivalry but this is TaxAgs so **** you! Ya ****ing corndogger with your piss-balloon-throwing ways. Go back to your swamp-resembling message board!

Rabble rabble rabble
^

Prepare thy checkbook.
Obviously not a problem here...
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
Prepare thy checkbook.
McCombsTiger
First of all, I've lurked this site for the past year or so & after long debate decided to make an account; therefore an introduction seems necessary. I'm an LSU graduate and am currently in the masters program at Texas. I know the double-hatred I'll receive on here will be strong which is understandable. However, I've always respected the traditions and rituals of your university and have had many great times with Aggies. With that said:

1) LSU owes $0.00 to A&M for ending the series in the 90's. The continued usage of this retort by the majority of posters of this site is laughable.

2) The two schools settled at $100,000 many years ago. Here are the facts, hopefully it clears up any confusion regarding the matter.

quote:
LSU cancelled the series with two games remaining after the 1995 game in College Station.

That move sparked some friction between the schools, which contributed to
them not renewing the series. With the SEC going to a divisional format
and eight conference games in 1992, then-LSU Athletic Director Joe Dean
said he couldn't afford to give up one of three non-conference home
games every year.

"You've almost got to have seven home games to pay the bills," Dean said. "That's all it was. Some of the A&M
people felt because we were losing to them we didn't want to play
anymore.

"It was peaceful, friendly. It wasn't ugly. I thought we'd wait a few years and reschedule them when we could manipulate the
home-and-home series with the SEC."

Crow had a different point of view.

"I said, 'Get out of another (game)' because this game means too much for
us,'" Crow said. "We would sell the stadium out for LSU. Them and Texas
were only ones we did that."

LSU eventually refused to play the final two games and the schools settled the matter for $100,000. Attempts by LSU to renew the series have been rebuffed, insiders say,
because of lingering hard feelings over breaking the contract.

aggiebones
AG
LSU bailed on that series because we started whipping your ass 5 straight years and ruined your season before it started.
So you ran off.
Its time to start that tradition again when you can't run away.
Its coming..and you know it.

The last straw was taking the guy that could stop our offense. check.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
I've always respected the traditions and rituals of your university and have had many great times with Aggies.

Off to a strong start their rook.
McCombsTiger
Please, we lead the series by 10. Truthfully, Chavis doesn't scare me either - he's a great DC but requires great talent/size at specific positions. I'll give him credit, he can shut down a spread offense; however, stopping a power run offense is his weakness.

Thankfully, we run the later

http://i.imgur.com/jU2AkeZt.jpg
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Please, we lead the series by 10. Truthfully, Chavis doesn't scare me either - he's a great DC but requires great talent/size at specific positions. I'll give him credit, he can shut down a spread offense; however, stopping a power run offense is his weakness.

Thankfully, we run the later

But, your problem now is that Steele doesn't stop anything very well.
Sam the Sham 2
LOL

Bring it.
McCombsTiger
I'm assuming you're unaware of Miles philosophy. He believes keeping the ball in our hands, causing turnovers on D, & having strong special teams will win the game more than not. It's hard to disagree, he's averaged 10.3 wins/year for the past 10 years.

For example, even with our anemic offense, in 2014 LSU was ranked #9 in time of possession while A&M was ranked #125. More specifically, our time of possession for the A&M game was 41.3 minutes while yall held the ball 18.7 minutes. Long steady drives eat up clock & thus keeps our D rested and ready to wreck havoc

Eta: I'm sure Chavis will love having his unit on the field for the majority of games
FriscoKid
AG
And Oregon ranked 118. What's your point?
FriscoKid
AG
And Rice ranked #7. Useless stat...
McCombsTiger
& what happened when they faced tOSU who only allowed Oregon's offense on the field for 22 mins to their 37 min
FriscoKid
AG
Anything else you want to say in your final post of the day?
Post removed:
by user
McCombsTiger
Depends. Give me a topic that's discussable and we'll see.
FriscoKid
AG
the 4 teams that made the "playoffs" were ranked #118, #25, #20, and #87 The two in the finals were #118 and #25... Again, TOP is a useless stat.

But, your meltdown threads are going to be awesome next year.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Depends. Give me a topic that's discussable and we'll see.
Nope, you are done. Rookies are limited to 5 posts a day.
FriscoKid
AG
You should stick around. Maybe tomorrow you can tell us how texsa rushing for 72 inches is actually a positive stat too.
FriscoKid
AG
67walkon
McComb Tiger. Sorry A&M's AD at the time Wally Groff, gave you a pass. At the time you guys back out we were beating you and the other true division opponents you were playing were beating you as well. No major bowls when you 0-2 in non conference. I don't blame you. You paid Zero to cancel that contract. Trust me I know
TexasAggiesWin
S
A coordinator that requires players with great size/strength at certain positions?

/ Nick Cage You Don't Say IMG
Dr. Mephisto
AG
quote:
Please, we lead the series by 10.

Wow!

Super great for you and your sense of self-worth!

I'm sure all of those victories when you were in diapers or before you were born are TOTALLY important to you!!!

The reality doesn't look so locked down . . . and you know it.

a ten series lead is nothing to brag about . . . except to the insecure . . . . see tu as evidence.
67walkon
I wonder what the series record might have been if Coach Bryant hadn't agreed to play in BR 25 consecutive years???? We didn't welch or chicken out of that deal. See you on Thanksgiving. Bring you turkey or gumbo in a lunch pale.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.