Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Recruting rankings

18,286 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Swagmanag
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Probably going to piss some people off and get my season tickets taken away, but those of you that feel we are waxing tu's ass in recruiting need to look again:

tu- 9
Tamu- 10

ESPN
Tamu- 8
tu- 9

Rivals
tu- 8
Tamu- 10

Scout
tu- 7
Tamu- 9

Unless my eyes deceive me, out of four recruiting services, our guys are ranked behind theirs in three. Granted there might be a one spot difference in some cases, so that doesn't really mean that much, but lets not go feeling to smug folks. Sip class is damn near as good as ours, maybe a tad better.

Just saying...
Peace for Ukraine!
Teslag
AG
We've offered 5 of their commits. They've offered 14 of ours. Think about that before you slit your wrists.
Actual Talking Thermos
You have a qb though
Teslag
AG
quote:
You have a qb though

And no grade risks
Human
AG
Without a decent QB, don't mean jack squat.
aggiehawg
AG
Class size makes a difference. They have more bodies, lower stars in many cases, but they add up.
Grapesoda2525
They have several grade risks, probably at least 2 of them won't qualify. The sips also have 31 open slots so they can take a lot more than us. Either way, they won't be good next year. The 2013 and 2014 sip classes were pretty bad.
FriendlyAg
It's possible that Charlie is their Sherman.
fooz
Rankings don't mean jack right now. Haven't even had NSD.
Ag4coal
They have 6 or7 more total commits. That ups the score a lot in their favor
LaurAg
On numbers site we average 89.50/recruit
They only avg 89.19/recruit,
but they have 3 more recruits than we do.

Laura
khind24
I posted this same thing earlier this afternoon and it got taken down for some reason? I think the same person keeps mentioning that they have 6 or 7 more recruits.. it's actually 3. I was just wondering the same thing, why everyone is all high on our class and acts like theirs is awful when there's is actually better as of now.

Good ol' Texags will just call you a troll or make excuses like grade risks/ we didn't offer as many of their guys etc..
Ag4coal
Someone posted a link that showed them with 4 more, then Boyd and hill committed. I guess it was an old graphic. My bad
whatthecrunchyo
AG
quote:
We've offered 5 of their commits. They've offered 14 of ours. Think about that before you slit your wrists.
That is literally, the dumbest reasoning I have ever witnessed.
fishJones
AG
Please stop. Please.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I posted this same thing earlier this afternoon and it got taken down for some reason? I think the same person keeps mentioning that they have 6 or 7 more recruits.. it's actually 3. I was just wondering the same thing, why everyone is all high on our class and acts like theirs is awful when there's is actually better as of now.

Good ol' Texags will just call you a troll or make excuses like grade risks/ we didn't offer as many of their guys etc..
You are overlooking the reason people are saying the horns have a "bad class."

They have not addressed their glaring needs. Strong's defense was decent by Big XII standards by the end of the year, but their offense was a disaster. Swoopes was overwhelmed and underperforming behind an O-Line that was atrocious. And then for S&Gs decided to overhaul the offensive scheme at the end of the recruiting cycle. Threw much of their previous efforts in recruiting out the window. Bye-bye Gentry.

Guess what?? No QB relief, they got bodies for the O-Line, but not great ones, and they re-stacked on defense.
Bone6
I'm sorry but the OP is dead on. If these are their down years, man I wish we were as lucky as them.

t.u. is still relevant particularly when you consider the talent their conference opponents pull in.
APHIS AG
It does not matter what t.u.'s "score" is. I can give a crap less. We play in the SEC, they the BDF. What does matter is what we do with OUR recruits.
onceaggie
AG
Wgas! Check out Tcu recruits year after they are still badass

Like others say a good qb makes all the differnce and we have them.

Op needs to get a dog
powerbiscuit
quote:
It's possible that Charlie is their Sherman.

You think he has 3 1st or 2nd round offensive linemen in this class?
Codes12
AG
quote:
quote:

I disagree. I want the players our coaching staffs wants and sees potential in. And their staff wants a lot of our guys, while we want few of theirs. To me their staff values our class more than we value their's, thus our class is better than theirs. But I also feel the star system is garbage.
Bone6
A good QB didn't make much difference at Oregon against Ohio State, which is the template for what t.u. is trying to do.
onceaggie
AG
quote:
A good QB didn't make much difference at Oregon against Ohio State, which is the template for what t.u. is trying to do.

Mandible sure masked a lot of problems for us no? What about tu swoopes?
StrykerAg
AG
Ohio State has 3 good QBs
Motel California
S
It's Strongs first class. What would you expect? Watch the drop off after this year or next. It's going to be fun.

Meanwhile.. after his 3rd season, Sumlin is pulling a top 10 class
itsyourboypookie
Unicorns!!!

AkersN
quote:
quote:
quote:

I disagree. I want the players our coaching staffs wants and sees potential in. And their staff wants a lot of our guys, while we want few of theirs. To me their staff values our class more than we value their's, thus our class is better than theirs. But I also feel the star system is garbage.

Strong showed up in Austin and had to compete against coaches that had 24+ months of relationship development with some of these kids, the fact that in less than 12 months he is likely going to sign a better class than a&m in year 1 vs year 3 for sumlin says a lot (despite going 6-7 which is a very similar record he had following his purge of the Louisville program)
bigblackag12
AG
Its a good class for tu. Not great, didnt fill glaring needs. as it stands weve addressed our needs just missed a few elites. That could change. Lets see how next year goes. Its clear this year that we had everything to lose with regards to recruits. If we fix the defense with chavis then this year is a blip on both of our radars.

And this is all with NSD pending.
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Strong showed up in Austin and had to compete against coaches that had 24+ months of relationship development with some of these kids, the fact that in less than 12 months he is likely going to sign a better class than a&m in year 1 vs year 3 for sumlin says a lot (despite going 6-7 which is a very similar record he had following his purge of the Louisville program)

Past midnight and this sip is on an Aggie site. Totally not obsessed
Blaser270
quote:
On numbers site we average 89.50/recruit
They only avg 89.19/recruit,
but they have 3 more recruits than we do.

Might keep a record of that and compare it to the re-worked numbers that show up on signing day. Bet theirs increase and ours either stays or goes down. TU has too many cronies in all the sites just as they have too many friendly refs.
victory
AG
quote:
quote:

Agree...it's a typical leather post
AGinHI
AG
quote:

So, achieving a top 10 recruiting class in his first year while competing against Sumlin, who has had three years to establish himself, is a demonstration of Strong possessing some awesome ability to turn things around and become a legendary coach, as evidenced by similar events in Louisville?

That's what you're saying?

Careful sip. A failure to look at all the factors may result in y'all hanging on to a coach that will mire your team in mediocrity.

Austin will always draw top recruits and the Longhorns will always draw top recruits regardless of who the coach is.

And, the play of Teddy Bridgewater may have masked some of Charlie's deficiencies (I'm sure you were amongst those who proclaimed our success was due to JFF and not Sumlin. Do you analyze Strong the same way?).

But, he can't even get a QB. What does that say?

What does it say that he lost a QB to Michigan?

That y'all are getting good recruits is not new to us. I just don't see what you're excited about, because your team looked like **** this past year and you had top 5 recruiting classes in '11 and '12 for Charlie to work with.
Fabius
AG
Good for them. Malik really shifted a lot of momentum. In the end, we'll both have good classes, but ours serves our needs better.
Tango Mike
quote:

So you've let go of the "we run recruiting" and are now constantly trolling this crap out. You are insufferable
monarch
S
Op needs to get a dog

I have two cats; will that work?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.