Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SIAP | Alumni / Fans tweeting at Recruits?

4,385 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Texan76
MSP-DTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sure this has already been discussed - but - isn't it against NCAA Rules for Fans/Alumni to tweet at recruits? I'm sure it happens everywhere - hence why it probably can't be regulated, but with all the recent hoopla around the Murray, Boyd, Hill, Mack, Lodge - it sure does seem like a lot of fans/alumni have been tweeting, retweeting @ these recruits.

FightingAggie
AG
Fans aren't prohibited. I think boosters are, but far too much happening to regulate.
cannonfodder02
AG
You can really see some jackasses replying to tweets. Way more whorns than Ags, but they are both really pathetic.
ShadyAftermath123
We're gonna lose some important battles for recruits without a presence on Twitter. Texas kills it on there. They outnumber us 10-1 in Twitter accounts that tweet recruits daily over lengths of time. Pretty clever idea really.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Do you really believe that is how recruits are won?
MSP-DTX
I'm just curios to know how many of the twitter accounts are 'bogus' accounts and are set-up by the athletic department, agency, etc. to create a false sense of passion for the recruit to commit to their school.

And add to it - the ability to add momentum to rumors.

SpiderM85
Aero95
AG
quote:
I'm just curios to know how many of the twitter accounts are 'bogus' accounts and are set-up by the athletic department, agency, etc. to create a false sense of passion for the recruit to commit to their school.

And add to it - the ability to add momentum to rumors.

That describes quite a large percentage of twitter activity, unfortunately. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Texas is engaging in such behavior.
The Debt
quote:
Do you really believe that is how recruits are won?

Has anyone ever desired you?
MorgansPoint
AG
Twitter
Texan76
quote:
We're gonna lose some important battles for recruits without a presence on Twitter. Texas kills it on there. They outnumber us 10-1 in Twitter accounts that tweet recruits daily over lengths of time. Pretty clever idea really.
That might cause some to run away.
Texan76
And it is very, very creepy for grown men to be tweeting 17-18 year old recruits.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.