Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RE: Kyler

9,870 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Josh Painter
TexasAggie_97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First let me say that we would all love to see Kyler as an Aggie next season. He is a legendary Texas high School QB that holds records which may never be broken. Whichever team lands him may have their next G.O.A.T. QB. That being said if the fortunes of Aggie football rise or fall with him being here then we
are much worse off than most would like to think. One player should not determine the success of a program regardless of how great he is. Let us not forget that we have a lot of talent campus right now and more on the way.

Football is a team sport that requires great players and coaches. Most of us believe we now have the coaching staff required to make a run in the SEC. If our coaching staff is as good as we believe it to be then Sumlin already has a contingency plan in place in case Kyler goes elsewhere.

We should also not forget that we have a top QB that has already proven himself in college as a true freshman. Like most I believe Kyle will only get better and perhaps this is what is driving Kyler to look at all his options. If he does not want to redshirt or is not confident that he can beat out Allen then it might make sense for him to go someplace but if he is a true competitor and wants to be the best then he needs to come here and beat the best. Come to A&M and beat out Allen and then win in the SEC and he might very well be held in even higher regard than JFF. I do hope he comes here but if not then I am happy to have Kyle Allen as our QB and I think we will be just fine with him at the helm.

Ok fire away slackers
JTrainsBabyCousin
Oh look.. Another KM thread.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
I would argue that I'm not a slacker but I didn't even read the body of your post.
TexasAggie_97
AG
quote:
Oh look you replied to it.
HossAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Oh look you replied to it.

Oh look, another *** using that flawed logic.
FriscoKid
AG
I've been waiting to hear your opinion since it means the same as everyone else that has given their personal feelings on the matter and yours has enriched the board greatly. I'm also glad that you started a brand new thread for it. That it smart. It gives us a place to discuss your personal opinion on the matter, but doesn't add anything concrete to the discussion.

Really enjoyed the read and will do it again later.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Thanks. None of this has been presented before
JTrainsBabyCousin
quote:
I've been waiting to hear your opinion since it means the same as everyone else that has given their personal feelings on the matter and yours has enriched the board greatly. I'm also glad that you started a brand new thread for it. That it smart. It gives us a place to discuss your personal opinion on the matter, but doesn't add anything concrete to the discussion.

TexasAggie_97
AG
quote:

I am glad I was able to enlighten you with my comments. I hope they bring you happiness and perhaps a little bit of light to these dark times. Remember it has not really been discussed until I have discussed it.
Motel California
S
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Whichever team lands him may have their next G.O.A.T. QB.
That's a negative. He goes to play football with the horns, his career will be quite rocky and short.

He knows more about spread offenses than any of the coaches there. Strong has completely neglected his atrocious O-line in this recruiting class, so there's no help coming soon. If he plays his first year, he'll be like David Carr at the Texans the first year. More time on his back than standing upright.
fooz
tl;dr
BQAG02
AG
I agree that while one player is not greater than a team or program, this recruiting battle is as big as it gets for several reasons:

1. Kyler is looked at by other recruits as "THE" guy. Some (Mack/Lodge) will go wherever he goes. So if we lose him, we likely lose the other two.
2. We are currently is a good position in the state where we get commits, and at the very least strong consideration, from most of the best players in the state. We have basically traded places with the horns in that the only time we used to get decent players is when they didn't want to get lost in the depth chart, exactly what Charlie is selling to KM.
If Kyler and the other guys all commit to Texas, it would give that program new life temporarily. I still think they are a middle-of-the-pack BDF team, but they might be able to attract better recruits with him being on the team. If they came to Aggieland, it would set them back even further and widen the gap.

3. He's an Aggie legacy. I know there have been others to go play for other schools, but none were as high-profile and while losing him to anyone would be bad, losing him to the horns is the worst.

That said, I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll be an Aggie.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Oh look.. Another KM thread where the OP posted a novella.

FIFY
Sq 17
tu has been terrible recently because of atrocious qb play
the Ags have had one very good season since joining the SEC
the two mediocre years the Ags had poor qb play

KM seems to be the closest thing to a prospect who will be great at the next level
good QB play is really important
JTrainsBabyCousin
quote:
tu has been terrible recently because of atrocious qb play
the Ags have had one very good season since joining the SEC

KM seems to be the closest thing to a prospect who will be great at the next level
good QB play is really important
Much inaccuracy.
Buck Nasty
AG
Texam90
AG
quote:

I believe this is false in JFF did not play poorly. Did you see our D?
Sq 17
so 4-4 followed by 3-5 is something other than mediocre
Hill lost the job and Allen was underwhelming in home losses to Mizzou and L$U

JFF was banged up resulting in poor qb play in losses to Mizzou and L$U
The defense was good enough to beat bama except for two key interceptions
maybe those were not JFF 's fault but it was not great qb play
Big numbers but 2 ints and a loss
Sq 17
The Ags have had some very good QB play over the last 2 years
Duke & USCe are 2 games where the QB play was great
In the losses the QB play was often not good enough and part of the problem
even if the defense was bad the qb play was not very good in the losses
and was suspect in some of the wins
aggie2812-2
AG
Oh look another person in the zoo being sarcastic.........
Josh Painter
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.