Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Have you ever cried....

14,163 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by cc10106
SpiderM85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OrygunAg
AG
I cried every night Fran was our coach. I asked the Lord what we had done to deserve that wrath, poured out in heaping bowl after bowl. I now realize it was part of his plan, to reset things, our Aggie Armageddon.
Oilfield Aggie12
HowdyGetRowdy409
Tears of Joy: with my dad at his first Aggie game (we were in the 3rd section on the first deck of the alumni side when it was playing out) and even though we lost it just was an amazing play that gave us hope for that Manziel Magic to come back and win a hard fought battle.

Manziel to Evans 95yd td against Bama

No tears but did result in a lot of spilled booze and hugging and jumping.
Tony Hurd INT TD vs Duke

Or this one was just a lot of believing in the Ags and Manziel to make something out of nothing.

Manziel diving TD vs. Ole Miss 2013

NattyOrBust
AG
My chin quivered a couple of times at the scene post-Nebraska 2010 and how much love the fans and team were getting on the broadcast. No tears though. Pulled it together. My wife was crying though.
phatbeast
AG
I fell asleep during the Corndog game, and when I woke up and read about the offsides interception, I walked around the house sobbing, breaking things, and yelling "I hate LSU!"
Stud Cantrell
Admittedly teared up at halftime of the '99 game when the tu band played "Amazing Grace", doffed their hats, and marched off the field in silent respect. One of the greatest moments of sportsmanship I have ever witnessed at any sporting event. Every sip I encountered that day after the game gave our family an open invitation to their tailgate and even though the game was at Kyle, it was like they were bringing the comfort food and the shoulders to lean on for so many distraught Aggies. We met a ton of tu folks that afternoon that have turned out to be decent and dependable buddies over these past 16 seasons or so. Some of 'em drive over from Austin and Lakeway to come to our tailgates over by Olson and. Reed. They Bring plenty of great food and a ton of refreshments. They don't flaunt their burnt orange, but they like to see other teams play when tu is playing somewhere too far for their families to make the trek. Our kids are getting along great, all around the same age and I can already see a couple of budding romances amongst some of the young ones. One of those old boys has a sip son that's poised to make a really decent life and living and my daughter is rather enamored with the fella. Hell...I might be, too.... They would make pretty babies and Momma is ready to be called her Granny name. We're taking a preseason fishing trip to Florida with 2 or 3 sip families and can't wait to get that going. Every trip, we talk about how we all met with other Ags and they somehow manage to tolerate and accept having sips in our entourage.

Gotta admit...the boys from Austin are good about steppin' up and paying for a lot of our total expenditures with the motor homes and auxiliary equipment we need. It'd be nice if everybody could get along as well as our two groups manage to keep everything in perspective and have some good laughs everytime we get together to hunt, fish, play cards, or go to a sporting event.

Can't wait for baseball. These sip pals have that baseball tailgatin' down to a NASA-like precision....and can they cook! Damn!

FriendlyAg
2009 tu game when fuller caught the first touchdown. All I had heard all week was how we were gonna get bent over lol
NathanChristie
AG
Never teared up but I can think of a few emotional moments, for various reasons. In no particular order..

99 tu game - half time

98 Big 12 Championship game. My mom nearly had a heart attack.

94 Cotton Bowl loss to ND. My date cried.

13 Chic fil a bowl win.

12 Alabama game. My wife cried. She's not even an Aggie.

Edit: Can't remember what game but I think it was in 94. When we had former FTAB members doing a half time performance and an old Ag had a heart attack on the field. I was in total shock.
Capt. America
AG
I've never cried over football.

I've screamed, yelled, used a sledge hammer to beat a stump in the back yard, but not a tear for football.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SGWAsbY.png[/img]
Bernie13
'89 losses to LSU in baseball still haunts me til this day. I'll never get over it!!!!
wangus12
AG
1999 tu.

After a loss, I just resign myself into my BAS
MD20/20
AG
standing in the cold at Ole Miss in 2012 when we got the turnover to seal the game I remember thinking, "hey, who are these guys?" and trying not to let people wonder if it was allergies---but it was kind of a laugh/cry
Ag_from_birth
AG
-huge lump in my throat at halftime of the 99 tu game, when the longhorn band played Amazing grace.

-celebrating after we knocked off #1 OU in 2002 at Kyle, I got kissed by a complete stranger. It was too loud to tell her I was married so I just rolled with it All in fun, it was a great moment

these kind of moments are why Kyle field is hallowed ground for all of us. here's to more tears of joy
Bobaloo
Tears of joy when JF won the Heisman.
Hu11abaloo
AG
There's a WHOLE LOTTA liars in this thread.

I saw tears of joy everywhere after 9-6 Nebraska, including mine. 38-30 and 12-7 Texas had plenty as well. I'm not ashamed; I ****in' love Aggie football.
heddy Lamarr
AG
I sat in the chair at home silent throughout the entire Bonfire game then just cried when we gt the fumble to secure the win. Great Aggie moment
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
I'm new army (most loyal group of the Aggie fanbase cause old army dont yell) so maybe haven't experienced much yet.
I'm New Army and I even highly disagree that New Army is the most loyal group of the Aggie fan base...
COSCAggie03
AG
99 tu game and anything to do with Bonfire...still to this day

Anytime I here Silver Taps being play....
Anytime I hear the National Anthem played by the FTAB...

3rd Generation Ag...Class of 03...don't know if that makes me old or new army....but I yell...infact at the Rice game the new army Ags in front of me left cause I was to loud behind them....LSU I never sat down and lost my voice.....Yell at the fing games Ags...
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
I was chopping onions when we beat Bama 2012.

This.
AgBeliever
AG
Homos that cry over a football game.
Ol Waco Ag
AG
Arkansas , 1975 ... I was 12 .... It still hurts.... Win it ,& we win the Natty.
if only Mike Jay had not hurt his back v tu....... Sigh
AggieOil
AG
quote:
My 10 year old son started crying when D Everett intercepted McCarron at the end of Bama game 2012. Tears of joy...

That's fricken awesome. I can only hope my one year old grows up to share my passion for Aggie football.
Helms96
AG
I had my tear glands surgically removed to avoid such things, but after the win against the sips in '99 there was some slight moisture collecting in and around my eyes
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
fooz
Ag Tag
Stop paying attention!
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
After an A&M loss? Or tears of joy after a win??? I don't think I have. I'm new army (most loyal group of the Aggie fanbase cause old army dont yell) so maybe haven't experienced much yet. Not even the tu loss in 2011 moved me. Maybe a little discussion to get away from the recruiting drama. Idk what I'm saying given ags

Your right derp, majority of the loudest games at kyle were pre 2000 and many pre 90's. What you would consider "old army." When you put your phone down and duplicate those you can talk.

Now I understand the appropriateness of "derp."
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
There's a WHOLE LOTTA liars in this thread.

I saw tears of joy everywhere after 9-6 Nebraska, including mine.

That was special. Last game as a student for both my wife and I (I proposed at the end of that semester), and my little brother was a walk-on for the team. Got seats on the track and got to rush the field and sing the War Hymn on Kyle Field. Not ashamed to admit I bawled. One of the more memorable victories in KF history.
Capt. America
AG
I was a freshman on the track. I ended up right next to Spencer Nealy on the field. That was pretty darn special. So much better than Baylor/Tech who'll storm the field at the drop of a dime.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SGWAsbY.png[/img]
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
ended up right next to Spencer Nealy on the field. That was pretty darn special.

Holy crap that's awesome.

I randomly ran into my little brother in the crowd on the field. Honestly have no idea how we bumped into each other--it's not like we could have anticipated that beforehand. Just turned around and there he was, still had his helmet on and everything. Got a great pic of us on the field before the War Hymn started up:

That was his freshman year, too. Great way for y'all to end your first season as students, and of course a great night for us seniors as well.
cc10106
I thought only cowboys fans cried after football games..

Kidding. I shed a few tears after the win in Tuscaloosa.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.