Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Have you ever cried....

14,143 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by cc10106
ag_derp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After an A&M loss? Or tears of joy after a win??? I don't think I have. I'm new army (most loyal group of the Aggie fanbase cause old army dont yell) so maybe haven't experienced much yet. Not even the tu loss in 2011 moved me. Maybe a little discussion to get away from the recruiting drama. Idk what I'm saying given ags
phillyag92
AG
No, my wife did after 2011 loss.
Ridge14
Nope
Deputy Travis Junior
I was too drunk for me to remember what I did after that 2011 loss. Jesus.
Motel California
S
I cried once after reading one of your posts...

actually it was twice
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Tears of joy after Gamble recovered Applewhite's fumble at the end of the '99 Bonfire game.
sgerdesii
AG
Like a baby after the '99 Bonfire game. Started right after the fumble recovery.
AgInSingapore
AG
quote:
Tears of joy after Gamble recovered Applewhite's fumble at the end of the '99 Bonfire game.
Cinco hit the nail on the head with this statement.
MooseAg13
AG
I do not have feelings of sadness nor joy. My soul is an empty black space.
Farmers6
I was chopping onions when we beat Bama 2012.
ProudAg16
AG
I've cried tears of joy many times.

After a loss? No crying. More of throwing stuff around.
ArmchairCowboy
AG
My 10 year old son started crying when D Everett intercepted McCarron at the end of Bama game 2012. Tears of joy...
fireinthehole
Off season sucks
HECUBUS
AG
What?

Used to go to games before I knew what football was and before I could see the field. In the stands or job was to yell. We did our best, but if the team ran out of time, we weren't yelling loud enough. We would promise to yell louder next time.

Everyone had their job and felt they were a part of the outcome. That was pretty much the same with everything, not just Aggie football.

Times have changed.
Twelfthman
AG
Tears of joy maybe after the '98 Big 12 Championship game. Or the 2007 tu game, but that was because we won AND Fran resigned.
Cancelled
AG
I get a little teary when the Spirit plays
war hymn aggie
AG
Never, but I came close a couple of times......

from a loss; 1975 Arky
from a victory: 1999 tu
tbirdspur2010
AG
Twice.

After Gamble recovered the fumble in '99.

After Nebraska 2010 (my last game as a student). Actually made a thread about that one, iirc.
mpaggie06
AG
Buncha meaux on dis thread.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Buncha meaux on dis thread.
This ain't louisiana. eff lsu.

go wash your mouth out with soap.
kekumbas
A girl I was with teamed up in the mizzou 11 game when johnny went down in the first half. I said it looked like it may have been a knee and she was worried it was serious. Stupid emotional girls! Amirite!
ed65
What an outstanding thread! Have you ever cried when when you witness one of your platoon members getting his guts blown out by a land mine?
Sniffing Accountant
AG
Who do you think we are? Baylor?

[img] [/img]
Jack Cheese
AG
A little onion-y when McGee plowed into the end zone to beat the sips in Austin in 06. No homo.
YellowPot_97
AG
1999 tu
AggieBB
AG
quote:
A girl I was with teamed up in the mizzou 11 game when johnny went down in the first half. I said it looked like it may have been a knee and she was worried it was serious. Stupid emotional girls! Amirite!
Nope, you couldn't be more wrong. JFF didn't play in '11.
swc93
AG
Cried? No.

Vomited? Multiple times.
STX Ag
AG
STX Ag
AG
^ and if you weren't there you've never experienced anything like it.
Miles711
AG
Cry? No.

However, as a student of the franpocalypse there were many emotions I considered.
claycope
AG
'99 bonfire game, and when JFF won the Heisman.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
I was extremely deflated and sad when we lost to Florida. There was so much hype surrounding the program and its historic move to the SEC, and I thought we were done being 1st half champs and 2nd half chumps. That game was a gut check and reminded me of the 2011 loss to Texas. I haven't been that sad since, closest would have to be 59-0.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG

This was the only time for me. Whole family did. I still get chills when I see that clip. It will always be the most meaningful moment in Aggie football history for me. It was way before my time at A&M but parents are '84 and had a sibling there at the time. Plus Bonfire '98 was my first and solidified my love for A&M
oldschoolcat
AG
Bonfire game. Missing man formation flyover.... and end of game.
Aggie
AG
Never have actually cried

'99 Texas game as mentioned was an emotional day. I did not "cry" at the game. But to this day when I watch footage from the bonfire collapse it's hard to not get misty eyed.

Was at the Big 12 title game In '98 and no " tears of joy" but was a wild celebration in the stands.

I pretty much hyperventilated in DKR in 1998 as the Ags came back from a 23-7 deficit to take a 24-23 lead over Texas with under 2 minutes to play. We all know how that ended

Huge lump in throat when LSU double dipped the Ags in the '89 baseball regional finals at Olsen Field.
The 1 point basketball loss to Memphis in the sweet 16 was also a tough night.
Those 2 A&M teams could of legitimately won A&M a national title.
Since I have been following A&M football since the mid 80's we have not been in a game late in season with any realistic national title implications..so no, never have shed a tear for a football game.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.