Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Winner Announced for $100 Amazon Giftcard Giveaway!

6,642 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by taz997
Mister Mystery Guest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I looked at that too - but then penalty when you file your taxes is something like two percent of your taxable income and it goes up drastically next year. Thank you, Obama, for saying that's a penalty, not a tax. Thank you, John Roberts, for saying that's a tax, not a penalty.

My great grandfather came to the United States with seven dollars in his pocket and died a millionaire. I'm starting to believe he was able to accumulate that kind of wealth because he didn't have to pay $5,000/yr in premiums and another $12,000 to meet his deductible on some ****ty health insurance plan that he was only really going to benefit from having if he got cancer or needed heart surgery someday. Ultimately he did die at age-60 of a heart attack but he died a self-made millionaire with nine children and a wife who were going to have a hard time blowing what he left behind. I'd be happy with that if I could do it without this kind of costly insurance.
Take Command
quote:
Had an HSA before.

Wanted an HSA again.

Couldn't get one without my premium going up hundreds of dollars per month.

Keep in mind this is an advertising thread.

I'm going to guess you have Blue Cross. There are some Aetna and Humana plans depending where you live that are HSA compatible and similar to your old price point. Give our site a try and filter for HSA. You can still change!

And yes, I paid lots of money for this advertising thread
Take Command
quote:
Well, for starters, my insurance got canceled last year due to ACA (thanks Obama-- if you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance---what a crock!!).
Then I signed up for $5000 deductible insurance through BCBS for more than my previous policy and paid for all Dr. visits and meds at full cost out of pocket this year.
Now this same policy is going up 28% this year (once again, thanks Obama).
Almost ready to drop insurance completely , pay the fine (tax), and just sock away the grand a month I would pay for insurance and pray like hell nothing catastrophic happens.

And don't forget to vote too. This law sucks. We try to help you get the most out of your money possible.
Take Command
Hey Rab,

You're a really nice employer! With the law changes the last two years, I can almost guarantee you're overpaying for small group health. The reason is for groups under 50, insurance companies no longer rate your employees. For 21 people, you're essentially buying 21 individual plans now. There's no benefit to being in a group until you're over 50 employees.

Depending on how many plans you offer and how diverse the health needs of your workforce are, you're almost always better with a "defined contribution" setup where you give your employees an allowance to go shop for their own plan. You still get all the same tax-breaks, and employees can pick out a plan that fits them better versus choosing from the 1-3 one-size-fits-all group options. Employees can also take advantage of tax credits that they can't through group.

You can read more here: http://www.takecommandhealth.com/smallbusiness/

Most small groups save 30-40% with this setup and employees get benefits that fit them better. I'd be happy to run some numbers for you if you're interested.

Thanks!

Jack
BowtieAg07
AG
$10/mo - employee plan
sgerdesii
AG
My plan was discontinued by BCBSTx . Replacement plan is $130/month more, and my deductible is twice as high.
zkkeller87
AG
Went up about $10/month
SilverTaps09
AG
Mine went down $100 a month and I got better coverage. I am an Air Force employee and switched from Blue Cross Blue Shield to Postal Workers Union Insurance.
Aero95
AG
My individual plan that I researched/shopped for was deemed illegal and thus cancelled for 2015. It met my needs perfectly, and was reasonable in premium with a medium deductible ($2500) and HSA option. The nearest contender for 2015 DOUBLED the premiums AND the deductible. What a deal. Fortunately I recently got married and hopped on my wife's employer-provided insurance. I expect it will become un-reasonable for 2016 and we'll have a much bigger problem then...

,|,, the ACA!
Expert Analysis
AG
Did not change for my family..
Aggie Apple
AG
Employee plan. No change to me, however I know my employer's costs went up.
8900aggie
AG
Basically stayed the same
BQ84 -ORP
AG
I am now paying an extra $125.00/mo for wife and kids. Co-pays went up, deductibles went up, half my meds are now Tier1 so out of pocket every month will run at least $400.00 more.

Thank you BO and all the the non-voters in 2012!!!
COSCAggie03
AG
Worse Benefits...high deductible and high OOP....and the plan went up about 50 for the year...

What happened to if you like the insurance you have you can keep it?????
gigm09
AG
Gov't employee, family coverage went up $9 a month.
Mordred
AG
Think mine went up $30/month.
ConLaw
AG
Up $30/month
taz997
Changed plans. Went down around $20.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.