Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Did Chavis see something in Spav that we didn't?

7,907 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Planner Dan
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If one of the reasons Chavis chose to come here, besides job security/money, was that our offense has a brighter future than LSU, what did Spav do that caused Chavis to think his offense is going places? Or does Chavis just have a thing for the bubble plays?
Al Bula
AG
Chavis sees lots of wasted time and effort in this post you put together.
Catfishfoereal
quote:
Chavis sees lots of wasted time and effort in this post you put together.
Madden
Do you think 1 year of Spav is enough to can him? Because that's insane
Mythotbetterthanyours
Yes. He saw how to shut down the offense.

Gonna throw spav a bone. Funny thing is the bone only has north and south on it. No east/west.

Joke. What do you really say to a post asking if the new d coord saw "something " in the offensive coord?

The Debt
quote:

Getting shutout to Bama when every damn team in div 1 could put together a drive resulting in a FG is enough to tell me he is a clown.
Eso Si, Que Es?
they are in the spirit world *******, we can't see them. Chavez will return to our realm after the OS.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TZ3UeuusQ7I/TaP714ErviI/AAAAAAAAAdU/7e6MUlEuo94/s1600/Young-Guns-chicken.png
Tamu_mgm
AG
Chavis sees hope in Sumlin, not Spav.
phatbeast
AG
quote:
quote:

Getting shutout to Bama when every damn team in div 1 could put together a drive resulting in a FG is enough to tell me he is a clown.
To be fair, we went for it on fourth down well within field goal range.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
quote:

To be fair, I would take our offensive weapons over tOSU any day of the week. We just need a OC whose head isn't stapled to his own ass.
aTm96
AG
Maybe he sees $400k more a year and figures sumlin will figure out the OC
Elastrator
quote:
It was less than that for Mckinney and I thought he was doing pretty good.
CapCityAg89
AG
McKinney had a reigning Heisman trophy winner at QB and still struggled with his play calling. A broader issue is that these offensive players have had four offensive coordinators in four years! Replacing one that is young and has shown ability would be a huge mistake. If he doesn't leave next year for a HC gig, he needs at least as long as Snyder just to create some kind of continuity.
Stasco
AG
quote:
McKinney had a reigning Heisman trophy winner at QB and still struggled with his play calling. A broader issue is that these offensive players have had four offensive coordinators in four years! Replacing one that is young and has shown ability would be a huge mistake. If he doesn't leave next year for a HC gig, he needs at least as long as Snyder just to create some kind of continuity.
So we can still s***-can Spav, right? The only thing he's shown is that he can't find the ground with both hands and a flashlight.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Ironic OP username.
NyAggie
AG
I like Spav and think that he will learn how to create a better flow to his play calls as he gains more experience.

Stasco
AG
quote:
I like Spav and think that he will learn how to create a better flow to his play calls as he gains more experience.

This is called baseless optimism
Maroonblood32
Our Oline didn't do the greatest job either. You can't really put it all on Spavital. Weren't most of you shartin' yourselves when someone posted that rumor about OU stealing him??
Maroonblood32
He called a great game against WV.
peace
S
Why are we settling for "on the job training" for an OC? Get a solid Coordinator, and Spav can keep interviewing for various jobs. Maybe someone would want him.
Old Sarge
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

To be fair, I would take our offensive weapons over tOSU any day of the week. We just need a OC whose head isn't stapled up inside his own ass.

Sorry Debt, I thought the correct location of the exact stapling location was needed. You were very close though.

NCTX
I think it's somewhat common for a head coach to nurture a coordinator w/ a lacking track record for the side of the ball on which the head coach has expertise. See Saban and Smart, D'Antonio and Narduzzi, Harbaugh and Shaw, Meyer and Mullen, and Kelly and Helfrich. Time will only tell if Sumlin and Spavital belong in that company, but it isn't an unheard of move.
Bryanisbest
AG
Report: he came here because LSU's offense is so bad and ours is great. Does not sound like a knock on Spav to me.
James Wilson, MD
quote:
they are in the spirit world *******, we can't see them. Chavez will return to our realm after the OS.

Actually, if you watched the damn movie, that wasn't anywhere close to what he said.
Planner Dan
AG
quote:
Maybe he sees $400k more a year and figures sumlin will figure out the OC

EOT
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.