Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Daylon Mack speaks about future A&M possibilities

24,691 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BBQ4Me
kammrath
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On whether he regrets his decision:
quote:
I really don't regret it. I was worried about the defensive coordinator hire; Texas A&M still doesn't have a defensive coordinator.

On whether A&M is completely out of it:
quote:
I don't have a visit planned to Texas A&M. That's all I'll say is that I don't have a visit planned to them.

On whether he would speak to A&M's new defensive coordinator:
quote:
I mean, I'll talk to him. I'll listen to what he has to say, but it will take a lot of ground to be made up now. I really just needed to know if some of the rumors were true, and I just couldn't get an answer. I needed to open it up because of the uncertainty.
Link
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Probably should have waited till the end of this next week, doesn't look like it would have affected his recruitment at all to wait and see who the DC was going to be. Sumlin may not take kindly to him just suddenly decommiting on twitter, but I doubt A&M would shut him out either.
citagg83
Whatever
Madden
Signing day is in Feb, not tomorrow. Good God
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
Translation:
I'm an infant who wasn't getting what I wanted, so even though I don't have to sign with anybody until Feb, I still felt like I needed to throw a tantrum.
In all fairness, this sounds like most of TexAgs but none of them are being recruited.
Raptor
AG
You are offered a job with an awesome company, but before you sign the "best" recruiter is gone, your direct supervisor is gone, and the CEO won't tell you who your new boss will be.

Seems like this 18 year old kid made a decision that a lot of us would make.

This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

kammrath
AG
Thoughts on LSU (shows how these guys closely follow the rumors):
quote:
They are always a good team. Always a 10-win team. They have a great history, and a great history of playing defense. I think A&M wants the coordinator there [John Chavis], so that shows you they play really good defense. It's nice, and I like it there.
Madden
You know why he made a bad decision? Because you don't sign the dotted line for another month
redd38
AG
lol, look at all the drama queens calling some high school kid a drama queen
vander54
S
From what little I know about him I think he would be toxic to our locker room. I say goodbye and good riddance
lil_frog8
AG
What is more telling is that Mack knows something and isn't telling but didn't hear it from Sumlin. I think Chevis told him he is considering the good guys and Mack said I go where you go!
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
What is more telling is that Mack knows something and isn't telling but didn't hear it from Sumlin. I think Chevis told him he is considering the good guys and Mack said I go where you go!
How in the world did you get this from the interview? It's more likely he was reading TexAgs and saw a bunch of rumors on twitter.
amg405
AG
quote:

Love the optimism.
ag_derp
AG
I'm actually a good friend of Mack. He will play for the good guys don't worry. Its all part of the plan. Him and sumlin are genius.
GetThoseKeysMilo
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
You are offered a job with an awesome company, but before you sign the "best" recruiter is gone, your direct supervisor is gone, and the CEO won't tell you who your new boss will be.

This is the only correct post in the thread.everyone else should get perms banned.

TXM Pride
We haven't had a DC for over a month.. And our defense wasn't looking that great. With an offense that was sputtering.. I don't blame him one bit for looking around.

Tired of the shunned gf routine you puzzies around here sound like. If the kid couldn't play y'all wouldn't care.. But he's a beast, at a position of need.

Hopefully we make the right hire and the new DC can make up some ground with some of these defensive recruits that we desperately need.
uneedastraw
quote:
quote:

This is the only correct post in the thread.everyone else should get perms banned.

Not really. There is one big fact left out of the post.

You don't have to accept the job offer until over 30 days from now. By then, you will have been told a direct supervisor will be hired, the best recruiter will be replaced and the CEO will let you know as soon as he can make it public. But unfortunately, the public announcement has to wait as it is against company policy and also unethical to put people's jobs on the line by announcing it to people who ARE NOT A PART OF THE COMPANY AT THIS POINT.

It makes perfect sense for Mack to open up the recruitment process. However, it does not make perfect sense to basically eliminate A&M from the options.

TxAg76
AG
quote:

If I still have +/-3 months before any commitments become papered and official, I'd wait to see who the awesome company and CEO select as my immediate supervisor. Might be an upgrade. And as for the recruiter, that's irrelevant. I wouldn't second guess a company for deciding to enlist a different headhunter. Might be upgrading there too, but since he's not even in my department, really wouldn't care much.
KJN86
AG
quote:

If you already gave them your word on taking the job, you ought to honor your word.

Either way, business world analogies have nothing to do with college football recruiting. Poor analogy.
Federale01
AG
Does anyone else find it odd that he says he basically eliminated A&M from the competition because he didn't know who the DC was going to be and couldn't get any answers. Yet, when talking about LSU, he says he knows that A&M is wanting to hire away their coordinator. If questions about who will be DC were the true driving force behind this kid's decision, wouldn't he be far more concerned about were LSU's DC was going to end up? If he was really committing to a DC instead of a school, wouldn't he mention that he will see who A&M brings in and hopes to visit as soon as we have him in hand?

Maybe he just got a bad feeling from sumlin not telling him who the DCis going to be. Who knows? But what he is saying in that interview makes no sense.
TxAg76
AG
quote:

It makes perfect sense for Mack to open up the recruitment process. However, it does not make perfect sense to basically eliminate A&M from the options.

This.
themadmatter
Most people understand a recruit changing his mind and decomitting.

Less people understand when a recruit decommits after loudly proclaiming they are a leader of the class.

Nobody understands a drama queen.
12mn95
AG
It will be interesting to see so many people change their tune if he ends up signing with us after meeting the new defensive coordinator. They will be all over his nuts, talking him up and hoping no one remembers them trashing him.
ProudAg16
AG
Just sounds like a kid that didn't get his way so he took his football and went home.

Those are the actions of an 8 year old. Not 18.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not really. There is one big fact left out of the post.

You don't have to accept the job offer until over 30 days from now. By then, you will have been told a direct supervisor will be hired, the best recruiter will be replaced and the CEO will let you know as soon as he can make it public. But unfortunately, the public announcement has to wait as it is against company policy and also unethical to put people's jobs on the line by announcing it to people who ARE NOT A PART OF THE COMPANY AT THIS POINT.

He has t eliminated us from the options, but since everyone on the zoo is a ****ing ***** they think he has.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
He follows Chavis. Foster puts him 60% with Ags.

With Chavis announcement Mack is an Aggie for sure. Chaos at LSU with Chavis gone tips scales to the good guys.
Vince Young`s Wonderlic
He's just an immature dude who wants attention.

He committed and enjoyed being a commit as long as people were talking about him. Hoping to keep him engaged, the staff told him he was the "leader of the class" so he could be the center of attention.

It worked for awhile, but when he stopped getting attention, he'd randomly post stuff on Twitter and talk to recruiting sites about taking visits. This got him the attention he wanted. His act got tired though and people stopped caring. Then, for about two months, everyone focused on Malik and no one gave two sh**s about him. So on Malik's commitment day, he decides to decommit so people will pay attention to him.

This is just another part of the Daylon saga that has been playing out for well over a year. It's another attempt to get attention.

Yes, A&M wants him. So does LSU, and so do the horns. Dude is a baller and I think he'll be good at the next level. But I think fans/students on each side know that the kid is an attention seeking ho, who doesn't exactly have the kind of mental toughness you want to see in a DT. Particularly one who is 6'0".
FlyingAg
AG
quote:
He follows Chavis. Foster puts him 60% with Ags.

With Chavis announcement Mack is an Aggie for sure. Chaos at LSU with Chavis gone tips scales to the good guys.

Kid needs to stfu and make his decision. Do what's best for himself but dry up the drama queen stuff. He'll find that out if he goes to LSU or anywhere but sips as big boys don't put up with that ****. Saban wouldn't put up with it from the get go. It's not good for the team and doesn't look good on the player.
[i][b]Time to bring back the Wrecking Crew![/i][/b]
Vince Young`s Wonderlic
I do give the kid props for decommitting before NSD.

This at least gives the staff time to look around and bring in someone else if need be. Will the other options be as good as Daylon? More than likely, no. But landing another kid, with even an outside chance of being as good or better than Mack at the next level, is better than ending up with no one.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
My god you are all so butt hurt over this kids decision to look around due to his concerns. You sound like whiney woman who got her feelings hurt. You guys are all fools if you actually are so hurt that you wouldn't want him back. If we get the right coaches lined up and you Nancies don't run him off with your negative posts, he might rethink his options and see that the Ags are still the best option.

Quit asking a 18 yr old to grow up if you won't do the same!!!
Vince Young`s Wonderlic
quote:
My god you are all so butt hurt over this kids decision to look around due to his concerns. You sound like whiney woman who got her feelings hurt. You guys are all fools if you actually are so hurt that you wouldn't want him back. If we get the right coaches lined up and you Nancies don't run him off with your negative posts, he might rethink his options and see that the Ags are still the best option.

I think people are just tired of his constant shenanigans, which is understandable.

Yes, he's just an 18 year old "kid." No one expect him to make adult decisions. But that doesn't mean he won't receive criticism for all the drama.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Translation:
I'm an infant who wasn't getting what I wanted, so even though I don't have to sign with anybody until Feb, I still felt like I needed to throw a tantrum.
wrestler85*
AG
It seems to me that he has more common sense than a lot of the people here who are bashing him.
If you were graduating from college, and you had crazy good grades, and countless companies pursuing you, would it make you some kind of dumb ass drama queen if you withdrew any commitment to a company that was coming off of a terrible year, and had no apparent plan in place, and couldn't tell you who your boss would be?

I've never been embarrassed by this forum, other than when a high profile kid, that we think is all ours, goes elsewhere. You would think we were the 18 year olds. And that includes some comments from the staff.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
quote:
quote:

I think people are just tired of his constant shenanigans, which is understandable.

Yes, he's just an 18 year old "kid." No one expect him to make adult decisions. But that doesn't mean he won't receive criticism for all the drama.

What schenanigans are you referring to. The campus visits to other schools that he wanted to take to ensure he is making the correct life decision. The comments on twitter to his friends about another school or maybe a scholarship offer that threatens us because we're afraid he's going to leave. He is simply living out his life but this fanbase is so insecure that they live on every comment a recruit posts and tries to infer something where there really isn't anything. He's no different than any other HS senior choosing a college. My son flip flopped several times before he got all the info he needed to make his school decision and unfortunately Mack is doing the same. His biggest crime is committing too soon. Sad that a 18 yr old has to watch how he acts so he doesn't upsets bunch of grown men.

I think the majority of Texag posters should look in the mirror before calling Mack a drama queen. Most of the drama I read is spun from our end with all the speculation. It's really quite embarrassing.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.