Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

All according to plan.

28,602 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Teslag
permagone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As many of you are aware, our fine recruit Daylon Mack has decided to decommit from TAMU.
At first glance, the knee-jerk reaction is to panic and give blue stars to the various well reasoned "fire Sumlin threads."
Not so fast my friend.

The definition of a long con is when the victim's trust is won over by the swindler over a lengthy period of time.
Sound familiar? It should.
Daylon Mack's recruitment has been a rollercoaster of visits and tweets to various schools across the country. But until recently, he had always stayed committed to the good guys. In fact, it was widely accepted as fact that he only went on these trips to "recruit for Sumlin."
So why the sudden change of heart?

One reason that has been speculated around the interwebs, is that he left because his good friend and fellow Ag recruit, Malik Jefferson had committed to The University of Texas. Let me be the first to say, f*** that noise. Also, let me be be the one millionth to say, good luck and good riddance. Daylon had tweeted long before all this tomfoolery that he "wanted to play at least once with you bro" in reference to Malik. This happened right after the two were announced on separate teams for the Under Armour All-American bowl, and insinuates that the two had come to terms with playing for different teams.
Myth busted.

So, why would Mr. Mack choose to leave his long commmitted Ags and announce a Top 2 that consisted of TCU and LSU? Easy. Because frick the Longhorns and Baylol. The Red Raiders... Are you kidding me? Picking another team from Texas was step 1 of this long con, and the honor could have went to anybody. TCU was an easy choice considering the success of the program this year, and their status of "smartest tard". (They would have the hardware to prove it, but the Big 12 malfunctioned or something.)

Anyways, like most plans, part 2 is clearly the most important. An "interest" in LSU. Their head coach eats grass, and the effect it seems to cause is inexplicable calls and interviews. This type of coach is clearly better suited for The University of Michigan, and mutual interest seems to exist. Perfect.

As you guys are also well aware, our team seems to be missing a certain coordinator on the defensive side of the ball. The search has been excruciatingly long, and yet Sumlin remains stoic and patient. Many names have been thrown around from across the country, and one in particular caught my eye... John Chavis. A subordinate of Grass-Eater, this man has been coined a lifelong DC. A damned good one at that. With the HC job at his program up in the air, and an enticing opening at the far superior state next door... The dominoes were put in place. What better first domino than the 330 lb Mack?

This brings me to the execution of part 2.
Daylon Mack's sole purpose in his expressed interest to LSU is to recruit John Chavis.
The whole #WRTS thing was just a warm up for Mack. With the Ags in desperate need of a quality DC and splash hire, he couldn't help but spring into action. With great power, comes great responsibility and all that jazz.

LSU and HC Les Miles will be lulled to sleep by false security. Not only did they most likely gain a highly coveted recruit (be real TCU), but they did it from a division rival. They will be none the wiser as Sleepy Sumlin dials them digits to the office of one John Chavis, and the reaction will be priceless when Daylon signs his LOI to the good guys.

As my good friend Verbal once said, "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

tl;dr
All I wanted for Christmas was a cure for my BAS and Santa delivered.
Summit14
edit: read whole thread because the board is slow right now

I want to believe
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Sounds plausible
Off_The_Wood
Philip J Fry
AG
What I just read is that Mack is conning Chavis into signing with us...

I'm not sure the OP is familiar with the recruiting process.
The Devil
quote:
As my good friend Verbal once said, "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

It's up there but my personal choice is women's suffrage.
Blaser270
I like the way you think... Here's to hoping for the best possible outcome.
Thisguy1
You thir, are an idiot.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
quote:

It's up there but my personal choice is women's suffrage.

Good job ****ing over the country *******.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Why do I feel like I'm covered in spit?
HUDAT361

permagone
AG
quote:
http://youtu.be/wKjxFJfcrcA

amazing clip. i loled.
hope you enjoyed the read at least.
KJN86
AG
quote:

tl;dr
All I wanted for Christmas was a cure for my BAS and Santa delivered.

The Usual Suspects was a great movie. I gotta admit I like your conspiracy theory.

Signing off,
Keyser Soze
ConfidentAg
AG
My professional drunk at the deer lease opinion
ConfidentAg
AG
Buck Nasty
AG
permagone
AG
quote:

It's a perfect fit.
TxAggieMichael
AG
I believe!
TxAggieMichael
AG
Oh, and Paige won... or something like that...
Provocateur
Mr. Holth, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
ConfidentAg
AG
quote:
Mr. Holth, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Relevant username you sunofa*****
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Daylon Mack left and decommitted because he is vain and only interested in popularity and being atop the hype train for as long as possible.

That is it and only it.
Keokijoe
Wonk, wonk, wonk...kids are stupid and don't know what they want...I'm only interested in players (recruits) that contribute on the COLLEGE field. High school talent is just that...high school.
FightingAggie
AG
In b4 looch deletes this for not being announced in Premium.
Canyon99
I am willing to pass along my bank account information in addition to my social security # and birthdate, if needed.
The Devil
quote:
I am willing to pass along my bank account information in addition to my social security # and birthdate, if needed.

Annnnd...
The Devil
Your IT guy is gonna pay for making me double post
Sniffing Accountant
AG
I'm pretty sure high school athletes don't think this much
itsyourboypookie
quote:
Your IT guy is gonna pay for making me double post
gomerschlep
AG
OP is awesome and The Devil is back.
ag_derp
Bunny Ag
Meximan
quote:
OP is awesome and The Devil is back.
He never left.
The Devil
Lurch
AG
Op writes for Alex Jones in his spare time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.