Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dave Christensen for OL coach - feelings?

26,618 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jeffk
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is pretty much no one getting a job as offensive line coach at any school that most anybody would recognize. The fact that I've actually heard of this guy (mainly since he was a head coach) is actually surprising.
Brewmaster
AG
Put many Mizzou OL in the NFL

and not to bust the sip trolls bubble, but his O beat Stanford, USC and UCLA...not bad for utah talent
Poeag
AG
quote:
Oh yes I love guys who yell a lot and get pissed off who cares if they can coach football.

This! light a fire under our lethargic o line
ralph4
Utes 9-4 top 25. Aggies 7-5 unranked. A&m 4&5 stars. Utes 2and 3 stars. Now tell me who has the better coaches.
MacDawg75
AG
quote:
Utes 9-4 top 25. Aggies 7-5 unranked. A&m 4&5 stars. Utes 2and 3 stars. Now tell me who has the better coaches.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:

Saying he hasn't coached OL in 25 years is moronic.

Or sip-ish, same thing.
Hamburger Dan
A better O line coach should do wonders for the offense. For a group that looked to be one of the bests in the SEC this summer - they didn't play like it.
Sean_Jones
Utah went 9-4 because they had a good defense not because they were last in total offense in the conference. This isn't difficult to understand.
MaterialAg
AG
LOL
GoodAg Paulie
AG
quote:
Yeah sorry dude I had to look up Dave freakin Christensens resume on the internet. I guess I should have had that thing ****ing memorized.

If you don't know a damn thing about him then don't comment. To judge a negative opinion based on a two page wiki summary is asinine.
WestlakeAg96
AG
Fire Christensen!!
Texam90
AG
quote:
Fire Christensen!!

I realize this is sarcasm but this is the response I expect from Texags.
Sean_Jones
Thanks to this thread I have a more positive opinion of him now. He almost beat wazzu last year, his offense didn't commit a lot of penalties, he was a good OC like 10 years ago and he gets pissed off and likes to yell a lot.
fireinthehole
If he can teach our OL to hold and not get called like our SEC opponents, I will be fine with him,
WestlakeAg96
AG
Total sarcasm. Don't know anything about the guy but looks promising and would be an upgrade from this season.
Rocky Rider
AG
quote:
I kind of like him after watching this! We need somebody that's a little pissed off.

http://deadspin.com/5953372/look-at-me-mr-****ing-howdy-doody-wyoming-head-coach-goes-on-hilarious-rant-after-loss-to-air-force
This team needs a little fire. Good for him.
MaterialAg
AG
quote:
Put many Mizzou OL in the NFL

Which? he left after the 2008 season.
El Nino in Londontown
AG
So much stupid
The Lost
quote:
A coordinator usually still coaches a position. He was always still OL coach just like Spavital is still QB coach and McKinney was still RB coach and Kingsbury was still QB coach even though they have (had) the title of OC. No other coach at Missouri was OL coach when he was there. He was the OL coach.

Saying he hasn't coached OL in 25 years is moronic.

Bruce walker worked with the line as well at mizzou
dreyOO
quote:
Video makes him look like a *****. He starts yelling stuff and keeps veering off to the right away from the other coach.

If he had a sack, he would have manned up and hit the ****er. Nothing but a ****ing blow hard.

Muschamp would like a word with you. He's everybody's idol on here and was one of the biggest dumbass posers on the sidelines I've ever seen
HECUBUS
AG

O has always shown improvement, but he did time in the B12 where they don't play defense.

Dip in curve is the move to Wyoming. The first part of the curve is his Missouri offense.
Rocky Rider
AG
what the hell is that
HECUBUS
AG
It's a graph.
1996OlAg
AG
I am starting to like
KJN86
AG
Did somebody give TexAgs an enema? Must have since Sean Jones floated up!

No one else respond to this sip troll. Quit taking his bait.
HECUBUS
AG
Sips had a big year, gotta expect a lot of floaters.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
Sips had a big year, gotta expect a lot of floaters.

Yep, 6-6 in a weak BDF is a big year.
Rocky Rider
AG
It's a quad medusa.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
He's such a nobody he's written 2 of the major books on coaching Offensive Line out there.
Aston04
AG
Back when Chase was qb at mizzou, the Tigers spent one summer studying Todd dodges spread offense at southlake Carroll. Mizzou implemented a lot of what they learned and had some great seasons offensively.

I like this coach's pedigree. We needed a spread guy, with more focus on run game- check. We needed a guy who could upgrade offensive line play- check. We needed to add a fiery guy on our staff to add some discipline (Sumlin is never gonna be that guy)- check, overall, I think it's a really good hire. Only concern is on the recruiting end of things, but the rest of the coach/buddy gang can pick up that slack-- we needed a coach first and foremost. Just like on defense.
Josh Painter
quote:
Christensen sounds like a Mormon name...
Actually it's a Scandinavian name which means "son of Christen," a sideform of "Christian."

But I'm curious. How do you define "Mormon name," since LDS is a religion, not a national origin?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Dave's Rant, sung by Shutdown Fullback
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
quote:
quote:
Christensen sounds like a Mormon name...
Actually it's a Scandinavian name which means "son of Christen," a sideform of "Christian."

But I'm curious. How do you define "Mormon name," since LDS is a religion, not a national origin?

Don't take Texags so seriously.
mvpdao9455
This is a great hire!!!! He is going to be our offensive line coach and help us as run coordinator especially to improve our running game. He can coach the tight end position as well. Again, these trollers from the teasipers are coming over here to make our new coach look bad so our recruits will be turned off and switch their commitment to different schools. Please go back and celebrate with your improved team going from 8-5 to 6-6 record this year and play in hopeless B-12 conference that could not get any team into NCAA playoff.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.