Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kemah Siverand speaks truth.

13,627 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jteagle
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
@TooBeFamous: I am so confused, recruits are decommitting for more attention than we already have. Hope it's for the right reasons and not attention.
d78230
TexAgII
Off_The_Wood
Brakeman
Im confused about what that means?
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Speaks a lot about the character we are seeing regarding Mack. If it's true he never called Sumlin to inform him of his decommitment, Kemah's words go a long way. Mack seemed to like the attention, had to be reigned in more than once regarding where his commitment lay.

When posters made comments about his choice in visiting other Universities and programs even after he committed, several replied that not to worry, he's just looking around.

He made a verbal pledge to attend Texas A&M. That is his word. Maybe I am rare in this opinion, but the very fact he continued to take visits even after his commitment was made to Texas A&M, tell's me a lot about the boy's character. Especially now, if this word is correct, that he informed the nation, including Kevin Sumlin, over Twitter and didn't even provide the man a simple phone call.

He was never committed to Texas A&M. He was committed to himself. He has the talent, but he does not have the spirit or even the desire to play here. Others do. I'm sorry, but good riddance.
Off_The_Wood
AG
quote:
When posters made comments about his choice in visiting other Universities and programs even after he committed, several replied that not to worry, he's just looking around.

I'd love to know how many times I read "Mr. A&M" and "he's just taking free visits". This was incredibly predictable, even as early as late summer/early fall.
HBCanine08
AG
**** outta here with that. Posters do this **** every year. We don't get a recruit and somehow someone spins it to where we don't need him.
StayPuft
AG
I posted this comment elsewhere earlier, but it fits here too.

I got a ton of heat a few weeks ago for saying that decommitting reflected poor character, regarding Mack. I guess the integrity of the individual is a worthless trait these days.

We need players that understand what commitment fully means, and players that want to play here.
powerbiscuit
quote:
Speaks a lot about the character we are seeing regarding Mack. If it's true he never called Sumlin to inform him of his decommitment, Kemah's words go a long way. Mack seemed to like the attention, had to b reigned in more than once regarding where his commitment lay.

He made a verbal pledge to attend Texas A&M. That is his word. Maybe I am rare in this opinion, but the very fact he continued to take visits even after his commitment was made to Texas A&M, tell's me a lot about the boy's character. Especially now, if this word is correct, that he informed the nation, including Kevin Sumlin, over Twitter and didn't even provide the man a simple phone call.

He was never committed to Texas A&M. He was committed to himself. He has the talent, but he does not have the spirit or even the desire to play here. Others do. I'm sorry, but good riddance.

You don't know anything about his character. You should go back and listen to Gabe's interview with the older McKinney brother. He was an aggie legacy and said the recruiting process, even back then, was overwhelming. He committed to ND (or some such school), then changed his mind and came to Aggieland at the last minute.
viva torrente
The timing of this leads me to believe it was planned between the two of them.

The speed at which Mack decommitted (after Malik's announcement) and did not tell the coaches about it, is pretty suspicious. It is a little bit corey nelson-ish, which is crappy.

They knew their decision well before today.
SA-AG72
AG
quote:
Speaks a lot about the character we are seeing regarding Mack. If it's true he never called Sumlin to inform him of his decommitment, Kemah's words go a long way. Mack seemed to like the attention, had to b reigned in more than once regarding where his commitment lay.

In the same vein, JFF committed to Oregon. Says a lot about his character.
SigAg6
AG
Where is Corey Nelson today?
AgBeliever
AG
JCRebel13 and Kemah
Brick Tamland
quote:

Worked real well for him
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

In the same vein, JFF committed to Oregon. Says a lot about his character.

Which we all had a front row to via his twitter. Show boating and cocky and backed it up, but was and is hated everyone that isn't an ag. How did Johnny let Oregon know he was decommiting? Juse curious how that played out.

lil_frog8
Catfishfoereal
quote:

I agree 100% . Plus I really believe he and Malik knew this awhile back. Yes, we've had some that decommitted to us also....BUT, D. Mack has been a twitter and attention monger the entire time! Even in his twitter decommittment he goes on to give yet another timeline for people to look at when he gives "his final two".

He reminds me of a warren sapp type body and if his skill and attitude was the same he could have been incredible with the aggies and a good player to build aroiund. But, if I was Kevin Sumlin Daylon Mack's ship left port with this latest antic. We'll get the staff in place and still have an incredible class. daylon, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out...
t_J_e_C_x
AG
You're right, I do not know the man. I see what I see and I'm making my best opinion of it.

My opinion is, as evidenced by what I am seeing, what is being revealed, what has been done, said, and shown: Daylon was not a player for this program, never was. He wanted the attention. This is what he is going for now.

I will not apologize for my opinion, nor should I ever expect any man or woman to do thus. He's was gone from the beginning.
wesnile
AG
quote:
PIcking up Vons jock
powerbiscuit
quote:
You're right, I do not know the man. I see what I see and I'm making my best opinion of it.

My opinion is, as evidenced by what I am seeing, what is being revealed, what has been done, said, and shown: Daylon was not a player for this program, never was. He wanted the attention. This is what he is going for now.

I will not apologize for my opinion, nor should I ever expect any man or woman to do thus. He's was gone from the beginning.

I don't know you. I just see what I see and I'm making my best opinion of it.

My opinion is...

See how that works?

This kid could change his mind again. So what. We have had a bunch of changes on our staff. He should have the ability to re-evaluate. It's a big decision. There's no reason for a bunch of good Ags to sit here and run him down because of it. If he came back around, many of you would be back to kissing his butt again.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
I would call him a flip flopper and continue to be concerned he would leave again for somewhere else even if he did return. He is allowed to re-evaluate, but do not give your word of commitment and continue to take visits and calls and tours. If he was still interested in all of that, then he was never fully interested in being an Aggie.

To me, and to others, your word is your bond.
agent-maroon
AG

Don't know where he physically is right this minute, but Corey Nelson (#7 standing on the sideline) has achieved immortality in my GIF collection
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasAg 94
My guess is Mack really wanted to play on the same team as Malik. He was hoping A&M would be the place and Mack held out to the end, until Malik committed to tu.

Once Malik committed to tu, Mack decided he wasn't coming to A&M and therefore was going to head somewhere else.

If it is L$U... if it is A&M... we'll see.
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
On the Broncos.
Cappy407
AG
I think everyone is entitled to their option on the matter. But I don't think there is ANY doubt that Daylon craves attention. He committed to us when the spotlight was brightest. He been very vocal and tried to keep attention on himself (and possibly the program). And as soon as the spotlight starts to dim on A&M (and him along with it), he's moving on the the next bright light. I'm not sure what it says about his character, but I know what it says about what he values.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
I think everyone is entitled to their option on the matter. But I don't think there is ANY doubt that Daylon craves attention. He committed to us when the spotlight was brightest. He been very vocal and tried to keep attention on himself (and possibly the program). And as soon as the spotlight starts to dim on A&M (and him along with it), he's moving on the the next bright light. I'm not sure what it says about his character, but I know what it says about what he values.
phatbeast
AG
quote:
quote:

You don't know anything about his character. You should go back and listen to Gabe's interview with the older McKinney brother. He was an aggie legacy and said the recruiting process, even back then, was overwhelming. He committed to ND (or some such school), then changed his mind and came to Aggieland at the last minute.
I generally don't like the idea of decommitment, whether it's to us (though it's always nice to get a new recruit), away from us, or unrelated to us. If you really don't know where you want to go, you should probably take your time and wait to make a commitment. At the same time, you're absolutely right that these are young kids and the process is overwhelming, so it's understandable that they might get swept up and end up changing their minds.

However, it's one thing to decommit. It's another to do it over Twitter, without even having the guts to call up the coach and let him know you're going elsewhere. I think that's what people are really upset about.
powerbiscuit
quote:
I would call him a flip flopper and continue to be concerned he would leave again for somewhere else even if he did return. He is allowed to re-evaluate, but do not give your word of commitment and continue to take visits and calls and tours. If he was still interested in all of that, then he was never fully interested in being an Aggie.

To me, and to others, your word is your bond.

I'm sure you felt the same way towards Johnny Football. Hell, even Solari started off at Purdue and transferred to aTm. Matt Davis, Matt Joekel and Showers all transferred out after being on the team.

Coaches leave for better jobs all the time.

But, sure, let's hold 17 and 18 year old kids to levels of integrity that only exist in our minds.
MaxPower
Not sure 6-6 tu would meet the definition of a "bright light". We will see I guess.
Maroon Flash
AG
Should have held Mack to the same standard as everyone else. He was taking visits for "fun" and now has decommitted and we only have one DT in this class.

Seems like I remember this story about not getting DT's before. Should have put another offer out when he took his first visit.
Saint Arnold
AG
And what if the new DC happens to be top notch once he is confirmed? Some of these guys going to try to flip yet again (I'd say too bad).

Anyone jumping ship with signing day not til Feb is being a bit premature obviously. (Malik as mid-term is an exception I suppose). Its not like we WON'T have a DC at all...he might be good, might be donkey dong, don't know yet.....good grief. A lot of attention *****s running around yelling the sky is falling.

*There's brand new head coaches that have just gotten jobs all over the country who haven't solidified any of their staff as of right now - yea, including DCs...and some schools that haven't even hired a head coach yet....(!) I suppose everyone should panic because their recruits are all looking elsewhere?

FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
moz
I hope the kid finds what he's looking for.
superunknown
AG
quote:
And what if the new DC happens to be top notch once he is confirmed? Some of these guys going to try to flip yet again (I'd say too bad).

But if we flip someone, it's awesome and because Gig 'em!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.