Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Malik to sips

20,944 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rod Tidwell
Emilio Fantastico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DirectionalDriller said:

Would he make our (current) 2-deep?

With Chief coaching him and playing him on the outside and having our Dline in front of him, he would be doing quite well here.
He chose poorly and is now a shell of his former self.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Never heard of her
NewOldAg
AG
mugwurt said:

Way to go Sumlin. Idiot.

Nice. Forgot how much the opinion of Sumlin has changed since this.
TxAg76
AG
Who?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
What a stupid decision he made. Is he even going to get drafted now?

Recruits should take notice and want to play for Chavis but you never know what 17 year old kids are thinking. This poor ******* bought in to Charlie's lies and now look at him.
C Loves L
I thought during his recruiting process he looked small for a LBer. Here he is two years in and he looks no different. I think he would get pushed around in the SEC
bero88
In Malik's defense he is playing out of position. He is more of an OLB and they have him at MLB. Probably one of the reasons why he is struggling this year.
schwack schwack
AG
Good bump. Not because we lost Malik & it's kinda fun to rub in his face what might have been but because we can now see that Sumlin was right.
Just Tired
this actually was a big loss...not so much on the field but it definitely did start a shift in recruiting momentum...to that point summie was getting whoever he wanted...so we would have been better off with an mj commit due to the other players we would have gotten...and it would have hurt the sips greatly which is always a nice bonus...as it is, i think their next coach will have a decent cupboard of talent to work with.
SARATOGA
Would love to have Malik on our team. He is a great LB.

But no player is bigger than the team, and Sumlin didn't have Chavis locked down yet, and he lost him he wanted Summy to tell him who his DC was going to be, and we couldn't tell yet....

It is too bad that the timing didn't line up better. Just one of those things. He won't transfer as his parents wanted him to go sip and he'll be stuck there for another year...
rbcs_2
AG
Malik would be doing much better in Chief's system, but I wouldn't call him great.
schwack schwack
AG
Agree that Malik was a big loss & cost us momentum - but it was because he & his Mom were unreasonable - not that Sumlin messed up the process. After seeing how Malik tried to sway others away & his general attitude about us after making his choice, and now his lackadaisical playing - I'm OK with what happened. I do think he could have been great here & might have developed into a stellar player & team leader with our staff and players. Charlie forced him into that role too early & it didn't work.
SARATOGA
Ok. He is a significant size/speed/instinct upgrade over Richard Moore who is our current WLB. Which is why Donovan Wilson gets so many reps - he's a safety who plays like a linebacker...

aggiedent
AG
Quote:

Although the coaches denied it, the AAS writers said he got benched for nearly half of the game last week after having a poor first half. Coaches called it normal rotation, but the writers pointed out that in previous games he has never been out for longer than 2-3 plays a couple times a game. They also pointed out that Malik would be great on the outside but struggles playing the middle.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
bero88 said:

In Malik's defense he is playing out of position. He is more of an OLB and they have him at MLB. Probably one of the reasons why he is struggling this year.

Yep. Some OLB have trouble moving to Mike. Malik seems to take himself out of a lot of plays and still doesn't look comfortable at the position.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Quote:

Malik to sips

* yawn *

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
Joe Exotic
AG
SARATOGA said:

Ok. He is a significant size/speed/instinct upgrade over Richard Moore who is our current WLB. Which is why Donovan Wilson gets so many reps - he's a safety who plays like a linebacker...

His instincts are **** and he's afraid of contact. Those are bad combos for an SEC linebacker.
SEC Champs
AG
I'm not even sure we would accept him as a transfer with some of the other guys we got on our roster.
SARATOGA
Please watch his high school recruiting tape - he killed everything that had a ball in its hands. If Chavis took over from that point, we'd have a stud.

**If Saban took over at that point........two years later you'd have Tim Williams.**
Joe Exotic
AG
SARATOGA said:

Please watch his high school recruiting tape - he killed everything that had a ball in its hands. If Chavis took over from that point, we'd have a stud.

**If Saban took over at that point........two years later you'd have Tim Williams.**

Lots of kids look great in high school then fizzle when surrounded by great athletes. Malik isn't the first and he certainly won't be the last.
bero88
Wede01 said:

I'm not even sure we would accept him as a transfer with some of the other guys we got on our roster.
The depth we have at LB right now i am pretty sure we would take just about anything. Again, I think a lot to with his struggles is playing out of position and Strong's defensive schemes suck right now. I can almost promise you Chavis would have him playing out of his mind right now if we had him.
beerad12man
AG
Malik would do just fine here behind our DL and Chavis. He might not be starting yet(or he might be, don't know) but he would definitely have made an impact before he left.

That said, it wasn't in the cards on this one.
beerad12man
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

SARATOGA said:

Lots of kids look great in high school then fizzle when surrounded by great athletes. Malik isn't the first and he certainly won't be the last.
He's had some poor moments, but Malik has already done some decent things as well and has 2.5 years left. He most certainly hasn't fizzled out yet.
Agsuffering@bulaw
-The kid played us
-The kid does not have the stones to plug against real (BDF, semi-real) athletes
-MLB is about instincts and courage, a good WLB with size ought to be able to play MLB
-He lacks the quan for MLB
-The DL gets blown up, so part of its not his fault
-On an emotional level, I want him blow out a knee and eat govt cheese the rest of his life

On a practical level, if he were to do a 4-2-4 transfer, it would be a great opportunity to rub $#!T in their faces and destroy their recruiting momentum. It would also be nice to have a big, fast OLB.

12thmanfootball
AG
You've been watching too much LHN beerad12man.......who give a **** what that POS is doing at tu.
Just Tired
SARATOGA said:

Nothing wrong with Moore's instincts...much better than maliks...Moore just needs lead in his britches.
aggiehawg
AG
aggiedent said:

Quote:

Although the coaches denied it, the AAS writers said he got benched for nearly half of the game last week after having a poor first half. Coaches called it normal rotation, but the writers pointed out that in previous games he has never been out for longer than 2-3 plays a couple times a game. They also pointed out that Malik would be great on the outside but struggles playing the middle.
Chip Brown is saying he's heard rumors that Strong is sitting Malik for the Baylor game, too. He'll only play sparingly as Tim Cole and Ed Freeman will get the starts.

Guess Strong is off the Leak-Leak Train.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Non factor. Would be on the bench in the SEC.
Rod Tidwell
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

-He lacks the quan for MLB

Quit using that word Quan. That's my Word
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.