Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I trust in Sumlin, but the teams needs...

5,523 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SigAg6
The_Truth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
An identity. This year when things got tough, we didn't have our most vocal leader Kennedy out there because he was hurt. The offense struggled. Spav needs to get it together already or be demoted. The defense was injury riddled and sorry. I like Snyder and saw flashes of his defenses in 2012. That year we had senior leaders on defense and were injury free, luckily. He needed to go though because there is no excuse for all the horrible tackling and just overall bad defense.

The last couple of years, it was Johnny that lit the fire for this team. I say Mike Matthews needs to step up and lead this team next year. He's a freaking Matthews and has seen it all. Jake was more reserved, but he didn't need to say much because Johnny was the man. Mike needs be a vocal leader on this team.

On the defensive side, who will step up? Alonzo Williams and I'm hoping AJ Hilliard will lead the way. This team lacks player leadership and the upperclassmen need to step up.

I know Sumlin will get the best coaches for the jobs and will have his input on fixing the offense. Whatever it is, we need to find a way to maximize and coach up all the talent we have on both sides of the ball. We keep landing talent because these young men trust Coach Sumlin and know that he's building something special here.

Next year's tagline should be:
It is time!

We've been building champions for way too long. It is time to BE champions! Sumlin will get us there.
TxAg76
AG
2016 dude
ag92tx
Let's hope so
TexanJeff
AG
I'll settle for some depth.
kentky
I'll settle for some toughness both on the O and D. Soft gets you 7-5.
Ben Diamond
2018 dude.
AGGIEZ12
quote:
2016 dude

So we've moved past "wait til next year!"now it's "wait until 2 years from now!" ??? Amazing how low the bar is for some of you fans...
JPK89
AG
Will OP set us free?!
The_Truth
AG
quote:
I'll settle for some depth.

Yes. The team lacks depth. This will be better with the talent coming in. I am frustrated too though. Don't get me wrong. We seriously underperformed this year. The coaches need to earn their pay and put the players in position to succeed.
TxAg76
AG
quote:
quote:
2016 dude

So we've moved past "wait til next year!"now it's "wait until 2 years from now!" ??? Amazing how low the bar is for some of you fans...

In 2016, last years class will be JR's. Assuming this years stays intact, and next years is also strong, then at that time we'll have something that can compete w the best.

When we can beat the LSUs/Aub's of the world and it's not considered an upset, and when the Bama game garners the same kind of national interest as Bama/LSU, or Bama/Aub, then we can legitimately say we can compete for titles.
Until then, we're still looking up at the real competitors.
And we do NOT have the same caliber of Johnny's and Joes as those guys, top to bottom. Not yet. We've got a few, sure.
But in 2016, assuming recruiting continues this trend, then we'll at least have the tools and look the part.
And then we can start to gauge whether or not we have a coaching issue.
TxAg76
AG
And I think 2015 for us will kinda feel similar, or maybe just a touch behind 2014 for Ole Miss. Competitive, but still not quite there
Scantron882
AG
Charisma
No Spin Ag
Next year is our year guys. No really.
cc10106
Haven't you heard that A&M is an elite CFB program? Anything less than 10 wins is unacceptable because that's how it's always been! If you accept anything less (or reality) you have low standards and are okay with mediocrity. Fire Sumlin and then the next guy and then the next guy until we finally have another great season because goshdarnit Bama does it! A&M is just like Bama and LSU, only without hardware.

-sip troll
AggieSouth06
quote:
2016 dude

Our even year schedule sucks. Bad. Very bad. Like "we need to approach the SEC about the stacked deck" bad.
TxAg76
AG
quote:
quote:
2016 dude

Our even year schedule sucks. Bad. Very bad. Like "we need to approach the SEC about the stacked deck" bad.

Ok, 2017 then......LOL
WolfCall
AG
quote:
Sumlin will get us there.
So much talk about who or what will get us there from RC to Fran to Sherm to the SEC and Sumlin. When will we talk about how we "got there"?
TxAg76
AG
quote:
When will we talk about how we "got there"?

After we get there, silly
InnerCityAg
2015 has always been our year.

Book it.
Capt. America
AG
2025 is our year!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SGWAsbY.png[/img]
Bone6
The OP was nothing but bull**** drivel.
Demo_Slug
AG
2039 is our year
TexasAggie_97
AG
quote:
2039 is our year
This. We all know it takes 100 years to build champions.
ckwarren33
quote:
Haven't you heard that A&M is an elite CFB program? Anything less than 10 wins is unacceptable because that's how it's always been! If you accept anything less (or reality) you have low standards and are okay with mediocrity. Fire Sumlin and then the next guy and then the next guy until we finally have another great season because goshdarnit Bama does it! A&M is just like Bama and LSU, only without hardware.

-sip troll
A&M needs a 'plus' DC and stability (4+ years of tenure) from its 'plus' position coaches. The program needs to continue to build, and no, it isn't a 2-year transition from Big Tweezy squad to SEC-West contender. One of A&M's issues dating back to at least 1987 is making bad coaching hires and then failing to recognize the bad hire, fire, and upgrade. Kennedy (could outlast the Energizer bunny while zombie-coaching the MBB program), Snyder, Sherman, Fran, DeRuyter, Torbush, et al were wrong for A&M's desire to achieve success. Sumlin gets it done in recruiting and on offense.

Since you identified as a whorn troll, let me remind everyone A&M's issues are fixable. You just can't fix being in the Big Tweezy conference where nobody (including NFL scouts) gives a care to watch. Can you remember who the last 5 CUSA conference champions were? I cant do that with the Big Tweezy, either. When you dont matter, nobody pays attention. This is a structural problem. You can't fix that by hiring a plus coach or two. Suck it, sippy!
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Tackling. Defensive stops on 3rd down. Offensively spread the field vertically.

Offensively score TDs.
Defensively prevent TDs.

Let the tu sip media machine focus on frigin image.
SA-AG72
AG
In the year 2525, if Aggie Football is still alive
If TMF can survive, they may find . . . . . . .
SigAg6
AG
Did we run out of agswag?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.