Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ags currently 4th in 247 rankings

8,637 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Roman Empire
Aggielandma12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Pick up Jefferson, Sheffield and Lodge would give us six 5 stars and probably the #1 or #2 spot in the rankings.
Bunny Ag
won't catch Bama.. they're not finished yet either
McGibblets
AG
Tend to agree with bunny. Top 3 for sure
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
quote:

Pick up Jefferson, Sheffield and Lodge would give us six 5 stars and probably the #1 or #2 spot in the rankings.

Don't forget Boyd and Hill!
ahlongslide
AG
On the same site there is a class calculator, where you can add potential recruits. It doesn't look like we can pass Alabama unless they lose a few highly ranked recruits.
bigtruckguy3500
If we land Malik I it'll be huge by itself, but I think it'll help solidify other recruits like Mack.

What's the highest recruiting ranking we've ever had? Because I think we're about to have the highest ranked class in A&M history. Depends on how other schools' prospects line up, but I'd guess #2 or 3.

Now we just need the coaches to develop the talent.
Tamu_mgm
AG
If we get Malik and Sheffield and somehow get Lodge, then there is literally no way we are left out of top 3 and probably top 2.
Aggiejay512
Well kyler just re tweeted kirk on can't wait to ball with you next year. So we good then.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:

What's the highest recruiting ranking we've ever had? Because I think we're about to have the highest ranked class in A&M history. Depends on how other schools' prospects line up, but I'd guess #2 or 3.

The fact that you didn't have all the recruiting websites and such back in the day makes it hard to compare. However, I would say the highest ranked classes A&M ever had were Jackie's class that had Darren Lewis and Randy Simmons and RC's class that had Ty Warren and Sammy Davis.

Both of those classes had highly regarded guys that starred for us and other highly regarded guys that disappeared. But as far as 'rankings' go, they were loaded.
cevans_40
AG
Need to flip Deionte Thompson
JeffHamilton82
Get Malik, then Sheffield, add Soso and Lodge, then flip Thompson and we could be #1 with 308 pts!
TMartin
24/7 Sports credits A&M with three 5 Star recruits which is accurate. Rivals constantly downgrades A&M recruits which has just become a fact of life. If the same three players committed to Oregon or USC Rivals would rate them as 5 stars.
THEamc
AG
Should be #1 when we land all targets.

This class is going to be special. Kirk was the next piece.
Mac94
AG
The thing is ... we have to have these type of classes now to compete. Look at the rankings ... all seven SEC West teams are in the top 20. On paper all seven schools will have talent ... these classes give us a chance ... but each school has that same chance. It's up to the coaching to develop these kids and out coach the other six schools.
cevans_40
AG
quote:
The thing is ... we have to have these type of classes now to compete. Look at the rankings ... all seven SEC West teams are in the top 20. On paper all seven schools will have talent ... these classes give us a chance ... but each school has that same chance. It's up to the coaching to develop these kids and out coach the other six schools.

Are you crying because we play against the best teams in the country week in and week out?
Mac94
AG
quote:
Are you crying because we play against the best teams in the country week in and week out?

LOL .. no ... just pointing out that these rankings, while good, are not an indicator of success in a few years because our competition is roughly doing the same thing.
cevans_40
AG
While I agree in principle, if we don't recruit at this level its a failure. This is what we need and we should be happy when we land big-time recruits.
MicheIangeIo
AG
Those rankings are meaningless
Goose
AG
4th in the country, but 3rd in our conference. Crazy!
Brick Tamland
quote:
quote:

Don't forget Boyd and Hill!

Hope you don't mean Holton Hill. He gone.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
as are most of your posts
MicheIangeIo
AG
We can barely pick the 4 best teams in the nation, but we are to believe these people can accurately rank every top high school player in the nation? And thus the "top classes"? Stupid.
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
quote:
as are most of your posts

Agree.
aggiebones
AG
If we get Malik...we'll get anyone we wamt.
It will be a flood.
aggiehawg
AG
Top 5 class will be enough to boost our pre-season ranking, (and a solid bowl win over WVU) even if many of those red-shirt and we don't see them on the field.

Perception.
bjraggie10
AG
quote:
Now we just need the coaches to develop the talent.
Bingo.
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
If we get Malik...we'll get anyone we wamt.
It will be a flood.

Kelvin Flood!?
AggieAL1
If you can't teach anyone how to tackle, even the Milky Way won't help.
FrontPorchAg
Kelvin Flood makes me laugh
Meximan
quote:
http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2014/2/5/5382140/recruiting-matters-why-the-sites-get-the-rankings-right
Roman Empire
AG
quote:
Kelvin Flood makes me laugh
Kurt Flood started all this craziness.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.