Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BOR renaming Academic Building

39,813 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ColoradoMooseHerd
wesag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
No sense in writing Hussey. He's going to say watever Sharp and the BOR want him to. You've really missed some things if you don't realize our university is being run almost entirely by politicians. And we know about the "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" approach with politicians.

I'm not saying youre wrong, but we have to participate. It is our democracy and there is a chance
75AG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
How many have signed the petition?
A little over 9000.
I think most Ags appreciate the effort of the petition and the individual letters and emails in opposition of this move, but my experience in politics tells me this is a done deal. It's the chairman's proposal, announced at the last minute with no request for public input. Happens all the time in Austin. And now in College Station.

No need to quit, however.
Agree!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Contacting the AFS with your donor number may help as well.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
How many have signed the petition?
A little over 9000.
I think most Ags appreciate the effort of the petition and the individual letters and emails in opposition of this move, but my experience in politics tells me this is a done deal. It's the chairman's proposal, announced at the last minute with no request for public input. Happens all the time in Austin. And now in College Station.

No need to quit, however.
Agree!
In my experience/observation, overwhelming public opposition in the form of petitions and news site polls where those voting "NO" is at approximately 97% can definitely make a done deal cancelled, especially for something as minor as a name of a building. There is no impact on the university if his name is not on it and the BoR will look terrible if they go through with it. It's not like they are voting on a jobs/health care/etc. bill.
acer_16
AG
The meeting today has been officially canceled per the BOR website
Deputy Travis Junior
Nice post rook.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
The meeting today has been officially canceled per the BOR website
Jack Klompus
AG
Slick Rick has declined the honor of renaming the Academic Building the Governor Rick Perry '72 Building
cannonfodder02
AG
Oh no...even Perry declines us...BAS +1
Bryanisbest
AG
These may not be good things to do but they are definitely not T Tech things. The fact that he is a grad of Tech is not connected to this initiative. He may be crazy or misguided but this has nothing to do with Texas Tech. There are at least a few Aggies I know who would agree with all these changes.
ColoradoMooseHerd
This is just a reminder that your voice can be heard and not to accept garbage people just try to force through the system thinking you don't care.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.