Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Found a student selling LSU ticket

10,050 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aggiebrewer
Bobby Jimbo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Using the "whisper" app

They were selling 3 student tickets for $100.
I told him to stop and give them away

Isn't whisper an app for gays hooking up?

Ask PB, he will know.

More of a grindr man myself.

TexAgs does the trick as well.
fistofsouth
quote:
quote:
The team doesn't show up to Kyle. Why should students?
Just because they suck doesn't mean they don't show up. According to Sumlin Ivan Robinson played through an injury during the Alabama game instead of telling the coaches to pull him. I find it funny that most of the people on this board, even when they were young enough to play, probably wouldn't be able to make it through one game as a player, yet criticize they players constantly for not putting forth more effort.

Whoa there. Many of us are Veterans. So you know we did more than the players do for longer while being shot at. I therefore reserve the right to criticize players or any other American. I also criticize Presidents occasionally despite the fact that I've never set foot in the Oval Office.
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
whats face value of the ticket? 35 or 40 bucks? 3 for a hundred still a deal. nothing wrong with that

Try $120 each when converted to general use tix

exactly. he was selling them as student tickets. Why the hell would a student go spend the $225 to convert tickets over to a guest pass. OP says he was selling 3 for 100 bucks total.
3 for 100 is still a deal. Students have to either 1) buy a sports pass to pull or 2) buy whatever tickets are left for half the face value or 60 bucks a pop. You're allowed to sell the tickets at face value.

Its not like we get these things for free. I allowed a friend to use my sports pass, but I didn't have to nor was I under some weird obligation to give it to a STRANGER for free.
Squadron7
AG
quote:

To differentiate themselves from T-shirt fans. And de-facto T-shirt fans like you.
cheeky
AG
Student tickets are heavily subsidized. My two end zone tickets cost over $2000 this year. The face value of the tickets is only about 50% of my cost, and for good seats between the 30 yard lines it is more like 20% or less. Much of this is because we (donors) provide 25,000+ tickets for students at a paltry sum. Enjoy it while you can, but don't pull a ticket unless you are going to put your feet on it!
Squadron7
AG
#FirstWorldProblems
The Fife
quote:
quote:
Using the "whisper" app

They were selling 3 student tickets for $100.
I told him to stop and give them away

Isn't whisper an app for gays hooking up?

No, that one is Truckbox. Someone on the Outdoors board learned it the hard way.
Poeag
AG
quote:
Student tickets are heavily subsidized. My two end zone tickets cost over $2000 this year. The face value of the tickets is only about 50% of my cost, and for good seats between the 30 yard lines it is more like 20% or less. Much of this is because we (donors) provide 25,000+ tickets for students at a paltry sum. Enjoy it while you can, but don't pull a ticket unless you are going to put your feet on it!

So is this why so many people in the ticket exchange board were selling their tickets for at least 1.5X the cost this season so they could "recoup" their investment? Like was said earlier students probably only pay 30-40 dollars a ticket for the entire season. However they must pay the face value to convert it to a guest pass. So the heavily subsidized thing is a bit of a joke cuz 12th man still gets their $$
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Did someone say subsidies?!

you need to keep crap like him off this board
Velvet Jones
AG
Opportunity costs to the TMF is the basis for people being upset.

The second deck alone could generate millions more if they weren't welfare seats.
Frankie T
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just because they suck doesn't mean they don't show up. According to Sumlin Ivan Robinson played through an injury during the Alabama game instead of telling the coaches to pull him. I find it funny that most of the people on this board, even when they were young enough to play, probably wouldn't be able to make it through one game as a player, yet criticize they players constantly for not putting forth more effort.
Whoa there. Many of us are Veterans. So you know we did more than the players do for longer while being shot at. I therefore reserve the right to criticize players or any other American. I also criticize Presidents occasionally despite the fact that I've never set foot in the Oval Office.
I appreciate your service. It still doesn't mean you shouldn't get called out for being a dick head to 18-22 year old kids representing A&M.
72jag
AG
Too much jabber for new army to absorb.
fistofsouth
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I appreciate your service. It still doesn't mean you shouldn't get called out for being a dick head to 18-22 year old kids representing A&M.
There is a difference between expressing one's opinion and being a dick head. I don't rag on the young ones, but if their performance dictates they should be benched I might post about it. Also it was my pleasure to serve.
NorCal
Satellite of Love
Per athletics rules:
quote:
Student sports options are heavily subsidized by season ticket holders. Former Students and Aggie fans have long been committed to maintaining the quality and size of the student allotment at Kyle Field. In return, Texas A&M students, the 12th Man, are expected to honor this commitment by not reselling for profit their student tickets. These tickets, home and away, are for student use ONLY. Texas A&M students are prohibited from reselling sports options/student tickets (home or road) for profit. Students found to be in violation of this policy will bE penalized. Penalties include the cancellation of sports options, cancellation of tickets already pulled, and the loss of sports option privileges for the duration of their Texas A&M career.

If it isnt for profit then the student can sell it.
Post removed:
by user
mcag83
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.