Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No Sbisa Thanksgiving

11,614 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
lotoarmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In spite of what I have been saying for the past couple of weeks, Sbisa will not be open on Thanksgiving, as it has in the past. I got an email directly from Dinning Services saying so. I don't understand why, with 100,000+ coming in on a holiday.

Some other on campus places will be open. Check online.
ISEN AG
AG
Outsourcing. Huge mistake for A&M
TRaww
AG
Let's raise hell about it
OkinTexas
What is Sbisa? Dining facility I suppose but why the odd name? Honest question.
Kemo Sabe
Damn communists!
FarmersFight95
AG
quote:

You apparently never lived in any Northside dorms... Sometimes referred to as Sgrisa as well...
Camo
quote:

GTFO, troll
Post removed:
by user
45-70Ag
AG
Who cares. It's good for those employees to spend time with their families as opposed to helping you and yours stuff your fat asses
Squadron 11
AG
Google Bernard Sbisa, Steward of the College, who served the A&M College for fifty years, or check out the link below:

http://libraryasp.tamu.edu/cushing/collectn/univarch/texag/articles/95/november.html
Pengwin Ag
AG
Oh Sbisa, how glorious you once were prior to getting all your goodness taken away.
AgCat93
AG
quote:

Hoo boy...
Swagmanag
quote:
Who cares. It's good for those employees to spend time with their families as opposed to helping you and yours stuff your fat asses

This.
OneGood2011Ag
AG
I heard Evans Library is going to be closed on Thanksgiving as well!!! What if I wanted to read a book to my children before the game?!?! Also, the Rec is closed, so no pre-game workout for my family! Why can't the University see that non-students have a need to use student facilities on the second biggest national holiday of the year? These employees should be serving my needs while my family vacations at a football game.

Tailgate like the rest of everybody, OP.
STX Ag
AG
quote:
GhostRider76
AG
Who cares. It's good for those employees to spend time with their families as opposed to helping you and yours stuff your fat heads with knowledge...
Federale01
AG
quote:
Welp, this one isn't an Ag.
got1forya
I checked on this a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed when I found out they were not going to be open. We did this several years ago. It was a fun day and far superior to spending the day with my wife's family.
Turkey 87
AG
Probably 10 years ago my wife & I ate at a Sbisa's down in New Orleans...believe we were told it was an old cathouse....I believe Sbisa was originally from New Orleans, so I'm guessing it was part of the same family...
OkinTexas
quote:
Google Bernard Sbisa, Steward of the College, who served the A&M College for fifty years, or check out the link below:

http://libraryasp.tamu.edu/cushing/collectn/univarch/texag/articles/95/november.html

Thanks squadron.
OkinTexas
quote:
quote:

GTFO, troll

What are you, twelve?
wesag
AG
quote:
Outsourcing. Huge mistake for A&M
BeveledAg
Good news is you get to avoid the painful BM that accompanies every meal at Sbisa
84AGEC
AG
Ate there my fish year and lost 10 lbs
88planoAg
AG
Sbisa hasn't been the same since they took the french fries off the ceiling....
John Dutton
AG
quote:
I heard Evans Library is going to be closed on Thanksgiving as well!!! What if I wanted to read a book to my children before the game?!?! Also, the Rec is closed, so no pre-game workout for my family! Why can't the University see that non-students have a need to use student facilities on the second biggest national holiday of the year? These employees should be serving my needs while my family vacations at a football game.

Tailgate like the rest of everybody, OP.

It deserves a blue parachute, but I can't stop laughing!!
AnalogyAg
quote:
Who cares. It's good for those employees to spend time with their families as opposed to helping you and yours stuff your fat heads with knowledge...
but if those people work in t.v. broadcasting, or cleaning crews at kyle, or food vendors, or security or anything related to a football game on Thanksgiving, well, that's just different huh?

wonder if you'd have the same take if they cancelled the LSU game Thursday because all those people decided they'd rather spend Thanksgiving with their families.

Depends on whose Ox is being gored.
hunter2012
AG
No chocolate chip cookies, that's a real black eye...
OkinTexas
quote:
quote:
but if those people work in t.v. broadcasting, or cleaning crews at kyle, or food vendors, or security or anything related to a football game on Thanksgiving, well, that's just different huh?

wonder if you'd have the same take if they cancelled the LSU game Thursday because all those people decided they'd rather spend Thanksgiving with their families.

Depends on whose Ox is being gored.

True to your name that's a great analogy.
Bob Kelso
AG
WAT. No more chocolate chip cookies? Wtf.
Space91
AG
Sbisa was awesome. I was on the meal plan for 12 meals a week. Two meals - Monday thru Friday and then stuff one large meal on Saturday and on Sunday .
army01
AG
Do you olds actually go back and eat at Sbisa? I do not understand this.
InnerCityAg
Yes
kblake
quote:
quote:
quote:

GTFO, troll

What are you, twelve?
SwissAggie13
AG
Yeah because the first place I want to go when I come in for a game is Sbisa.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.