Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BZ on Snyder

17,982 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Clown Question
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Snyder might be on his way out.

quote:
The popular candidate among some A&M fans is deposed Florida coach Will Muschamp, who expertly coordinated defenses for
Auburn and Texas
over the past decade. While he's a friend of Sumlin, he's also a hot commodity, likely among several prominent programs.
Are Sumlin and Muschamp really friends? I mean they could just be cordial
like most coaches are to each other but are they actual friends?
bert harbinson
AG

They became friends!.. That's pretty rare! I mean, actual friends! Like equals! They have dinner together, they have discussings"
J_B_Smoove
Does no one remember the negative comments Muschamp made about College Station when we played them in 2012? He is not moving to College Station.
TyHolden
AG
you guys have no idea what their relationship is like. sumlin and stoops have taken jabs at each other and still speak on a regular basis. all coaches have to protect their program. when the cameras are off, it's a different story. take it from somebody that slept very well in a holiday inn express last night.
bert harbinson
AG
Then we'll pay him $1 Million+, and all the crow he can eat.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Does no one remember the negative comments Muschamp made about College Station when we played them in 2012? He is not moving to College Station.

OMG!! HE SAID SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT COLLEGE STATION TO GET A LAUGH OUT OF THE UF FANBASE!!! HE'S POISON AND SUCKS!!!

Go change your tampon you pansy.
TRL-Ag
quote:

Do you also not realize he was coaching & recruiting against us. Good Lord! He'll go to the place that builds his resume back up the fastest. If he thinks he can rebuild the defense here & have a quick turnaround Coach Boom will be in College Station
Pagoda
AG
See LeBron vs Cleveland
Nino Brown
Promise ol Willie has a bigger problem with Sumlin's offense vs. College Station.
AggieDruggist89
AG
WHAT. HE BAD MOUTHED CS???? THAT SOB
trickplay
quote:
quote:

OMG!! HE SAID SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT COLLEGE STATION TO GET A LAUGH OUT OF THE UF FANBASE!!! HE'S POISON AND SUCKS!!!

Go change your tampon you pansy.

^^^This!!!!
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Promise ol Willie has a bigger problem with Sumlin's offense vs. College Station.
ol Willie has a problem playing with any offense... hence why he should stay as a DC
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
Such an idiotic argument. I cringe when I see this point being made, and since it's so idiotic, it's no surprise Texags makes this "point" daily.
aTm2004
AG
I've been to Gainesville and it's not much different than College Station.
jackrabbit
AG
Are we supposed to hate everyone who has said something negative about College Station? That would include Johnny Football and probably most other Aggies at one time or another.

If he's the man, then I am sure we can brainwash him to love the Brazos Valley like most of us kinda do.

Not like he'd be here a long time anyway. I would really be surprised if some other struggling programs didn't go after him as HC.
Ervin Burrell
AG
I'd coach in inner-city Detroit if the money was right.
CrottyKid
AG
Does everyone forget that he and the CS mayor had some funny exchanges and basically smoothed the whole thing over? Not that it matters. If you overlook a top DC because he said something bad about College Station, you are an idiot. Face it, College Station kind of sucks! Get real.
wrinkledink
AG
CS sucks but Northgate is fun. One of the best bar scenes in the SEC. Mainly because the bars are so close together.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
CS sucks but Northgate is fun. One of the best bar scenes in the SEC. Mainly because the bars are so close together.

You mean you don't love post oak mall?
DontDoubtElDandy
quote:
"This is a business." - Muschamp at his press conference this week
Houstonag
AG
It was clear last year that he needed to go but the brains somehow renewed his contract through 2016. If I managed my business like that my board would fire me in 6 months. Just look at the metrics, performance at key positions, inability to get existing players to perform better, etc.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Uncle Leo Hello!
whatthehey78
AG
If you want chaos inside A&M's Atheletic Dept., hire WM. The man is poision. Can he coach...yes, but he will destroy the pgm from within. Absolutely no interpersonal skills and the ONLY thing he shares is blame. Hire him and the D will improve...until the pgm implodes.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
If you want chaos inside A&M's Atheletic Dept., hire WM. The man is poision. Can he coach...yes, but he will destroy the pgm from within. Absolutely no interpersonal skills and the ONLY thing he shares is blame. Hire him and the D will improve...until the pgm implodes.

what the hell is a pgm?
CaptnJerry
quote:
You can't really be that stupid and believe that was his true feelings of CS, but you are posting in the zoo!

That was 2012, he was UF's HC and they were coming to Kyle to play.... What did you expect him to say, that A&M is one of the greatest schools, with the best fans in the nation and we'll be lucky just to be able to compete with them? Hell no. You fire up your team and fan base by talking smack about your opponent. People are sooooo stupid.

He's a business man and it's all business.... Just like he said in his resignation press conference. He will go whever he will get paid the most money. If he was to come here and coah our D, I guarantee he would be ripping on UF or tu if we were to be playing them... He "gets" whoever is paying his salary...
STX Ag
AG
quote:

Dude you saved so much time on that post by abbreviating "program".
BMX Bandit
CS is a great place to live in college and a great place to raise a family.

It would suck to be single in your mid-30s there.
aTm2004
AG
quote:

LSU imploded? Auburn imploded? Mack had nothing to f do with the sips implosion...it was all Muschamp.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:

Unless you like preying on coeds.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:

Unless you like preying on coeds.

No ****. 18 is legal.
runontexas
AG
Why on earth would mushamp want to live in college station?

You guys have high hopes. Think mid level conferences with strong defensive coordinators. One name floating around is Neal Neathery at UTSA.
aggieaviator
AG
A&M has a million reasons for him to warm up to CS.
Rascal
AG
quote:

Not sure why this matters at all.

Snyder ain't exactly Johnny Carson during any kind of interview or press conference. Does anyone care about any D Coordinator's personality? Does anyone know a darn thing about Chavis or Narduzzi's networking or social hour skills? I don't.

Give me a beast who knows D and kicks his players in the arse and leave the glad handing and baby kissing to Sumlin!
Eric Forman
AG
Don't care who the DC is....
Don't care if our DC says bad things about Northgate and good things about 6th St....
Don't care if our DC says bad things about CS grocery stores and great things about Florida grocery stores...
Don't care if our DC hates the housing market in CS and loves the housing market in Whocaresville...

Do care about a DC who can field a physical defense...
Do care about a DC who can field a tackling defense...
Do care about a DC who can field a decent secondary...
Do care about a DC who can field a decent linebacking crew...
Do care about a DC who do these things within the bounds of the rules.
ApachePilot
AG
Having had the great opportunity to be around some great coaches the past few years in settings outside of football has opened my eyes to the profession. Most of these men are good friends. I imagined years ago there must be some bad blood and I'm sure in some cases there is but I'm amazed how close these guys are and most have been on different staffs together at some point in their career. Ever wonder how they get fired one day and the next they are somewhere else? Whatever we as fans think is true means jack squat to the reality.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.