Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Question about timing for QB decision

2,895 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TMartin
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So... last weekend we played Bye.

If the decision to open up the QB position was based on the results of the past 3 games alone, then why not do that last week?

Why wait until the last minute?

I don't want to start any conspiracy, but it just seems like something else must have happened.

Maybe they didn't want KA to think too much by making the decision public or to him?!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Maybe no one needed to know the decision- especially the opponent until gameday...
hillcountryag86
AG
Good lord.
AgBeliever
AG
Because the decision wasn't based on the last three weeks alone. Kyle and Kenny both looked good in practice this week. The feeling on the staff is similar to that of the rest of us. Why not give Kyle a shot? The team needs a boost and this could be it. It worked for LSU.
Bankeraggie
AG
He really can't be much worse.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Good lord.

Don't like the flippant use of "lord"...

But you are spot on with your disgust. Hill crapped the bed for 4 weeks in a row. KS said after the 59-0 abortion that every position was up for grabs.

OP, you have no idea what you are talking about and you should stop posting.

-HTH
DallasAg 94
quote:
OP, you have no idea what you are talking about and you should stop posting.

-HTH
Everyone knows... Frisco now is what Plano was in the '80 & '90s.

And I don't say that in a positive way.

You are awesome. You are the best. Here is your participation certificate.
FriscoKid
weeza
AG
quote:
Good lord.
This was exactly my first thought. Some people will say anything, regardless of how stupid it is.
SwagObserver
The change puts all the attention on the QB. That's all everyone is talking about. It takes the attention away from the real problem. We will win this non SEC game with anyone as the QB, But after this game we will be playing SEC teams again. What will we blame then?
SwagObserver
Since 2012 we have lost several Quarterbacks. Jameil Showers, Matt Davis, Matt Joekel and we will probably lose KH. This trend needs to stop. We have a lot of unhappy players due to under-utilization. I pray that utilization increases for RSJ, CC, TW, BW, TC, KH, RC, to name a few.
mt3950
AG
^ Do you really pray for that?
slappinhookers
Fartz
ashley
quote:
So... last weekend we played Bye.

If the decision to open up the QB position was based on the results of the past 3 games alone, then why not do that last week?

Why wait until the last minute?

I don't want to start any conspiracy, but it just seems like something else must have happened.

Maybe they didn't want KA to think too much by making the decision public or to him?!
The decision was make last week.
Jimtim1216
S
This decision has been coming for 3 weeks.
TMartin
Kenny Hill plain and simple did not play well. All the stats were coming in late game situations against second stringers. This is a young team and needed leadership and Kenny probably isn't that guy at least right now. Spring ball yielded a tie between Kyle and Kenny so it's not a stretch that one would replace the other after a bad 4 game run. Kyle was rated THE top QB coming out of high school last year so why not see if you can develop him in the last half of the season.
One thing that sticks with me is Kenny Hill's father said on national TV that baseball is still an option for Kenny and maybe that's the fear of the coaches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.