Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If KA struggles

8,532 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Sparkie
FriendlyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who does the zoo want next?

O/U at 3 quarters before these topics start?
Personal Best
AG
Cargo shorts
Mozart Paintings
AG
Under
jeffk
AG
No way we'll make it to halftime without some buyer's remorse hand-wringing.
MD1993
AG
In the spirit of Aggie Tradition, we are all now wanting Kenny to play, since he is the backup. Backups rule!
fistofsouth
Most assuredly the under. If KA blows on the first drive the threads will appear.
Brakeman
If KA struggles, do what Aggies do....... blame Snyder
marble rye
AG
Connor is the answer. Walk ons want it more.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
Sadly this is true. I can't say that in the past I wasn't one of these guys at some point. But I'm trying to keep an open mind and think for the future and potential.

I want to believe KA is the right choice for the future but I can't quite yet convince myself. It's hope mostly, because I do not see happening with Kenny. I can't even get close to envisioning that as a possibility. He simply does not have the skills. So, by default, and based on the hype of KA out of high school, he simply HAS to be better. I hope.

This is the best way I can describe my feelings on the matter.
JeffHamilton82
We gave hill 8 games. Surely we can give the #1 qb recruit who is a true fish the last 4 games
aeon-ag
Let Allen take his licks, he needs to learn. If by Half time it looks bad, make a change. Let the kid play.
InnerCityAg
KA will do great. I think in his limited playing time thus far he was trying ti force too many plays because he felt he needed to. I'm excited to see what he can do with an actual start.
FriendlyAg
I think we have a problem giving kids too little time and coaches too long of a time
JeffHamilton82
quote:
Let Allen take his licks, he needs to learn. If by Half time it looks bad, make a change. Let the kid play.

We gave hill 8 games. Why only one half for Allen to prove himself? I don't think it will matter because we will roll ULM.
dirkjones
AG
Curious Jorge - McQueen is not a walkon.
kentky
I'll be ready to try Speedy as a read option QB.
AG
quote:
We gave hill 8 games. Surely we can give the #1 qb recruit who is a true fish the last 4 games
67walkon
He won't . KK!!!!!!!
bigtruckguy3500
Ain't gonna lie, I'm really nervous about Allen starting considering his picks in garbage time against some of our easier foe.

But if he's the best we got, then we gotta make do. If he can hit a receiver on the run more than 5-10 yards past the line of scrimmage I think we'll be alright because it should be able to open up our run game a little.
BoobieMiles
Spurrier disagrees
19 inch cobra
If he struggles, you leave him in and coach him through it. If we're in danger of losing the game, then pull him for Hill. Otherwise. Let him have some ups and downs and learn from them.
canadiaggie
AG
McQueen
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Put in Ty Branyon!

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
Swammy51
Al Bundy !!!
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
If he struggles, you leave him in and coach him through it. If we're in danger of losing the game, then pull him for Hill. Otherwise. Let him have some ups and downs and learn from them.

This. We have a track record of putting in young qbs in big games having them tear **** up. We think they are the next big thing then underwhelm us as the season progresses. (JFF is obviously an exception ) I'd rather see a kid go in and struggle just a bit. Get his bearings and confidence and show improvement. I want to see him fired up and leading the team.
STX Ag
AG
The heartbreak in here is gonna be hilarious when he goes two straight three and outs to start the game, then Hill goes in and puts up 450 against sheety ULM.
iceman08
AG
Gamso
zephyr88
AG
quote:
No way we'll make it to halftime without some buyer's remorse hand-wringing.

NFW... KA will route the mudbugs.
12Howdy
Not a matter of IF he struggles, it is WHEN he struggles.. he struggled against Rice and SMU, he will have struggles against ULM. But if you really think he has now WON the job, then you just have to take your lumps. And LUMPS will be a mild way of putting it, against Auburn and LSU
romanagg11
The fact that they have Attempted using a different quarterback is much more acceptable rather than keeping the same quarterback after a poor offensive performance in October. If he struggles, then he struggles.
EP
AG
Why do people insist on posting crap like this...
No Spin Ag
We're playing High School players wearing college uniforms, how could he possibly stuggle?
Bankeraggie
AG
Gamso?
1996OlAg
AG
Speedy
aggiebrother33
He is young, but more upside than KH. He deserves the same amount of games and I think he is the spark we need and will lead TAMU to great things in the future...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.