Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ole miss - worst call ever?!?

6,116 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mrnegative
Aggie_2463
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That has to be the worst play/call I've ever seen. Take the FG, wow!
Short Round
Right, easy chip shot
TAMU74
AG
Horrible decision.
Bone6
I have a feeling Wallace was supposed to throw it away if he didn't have something that looked really good.

Pretty defendable with the young kicker...
Aggietaco
AG
Guaranteed 3 points for sure.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Kevin Steele at Baylor trying to run up the score vs UNLV and losing the game on a scoop and score is still the worst ever.

It was his 2nd game coaching at Baylol and that call effectively killed his head coaching career before it got started. Just reiterated that their joke of a program had a joke of a coach. Still coached for 4 seasons there but never did jack, and he's never been a head coach since.
FrontPorchAg
Open reciever on the sideline for first down. WTF Bo!
Iowaggie
AG
Brain Freeze
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
I have a feeling Wallace was supposed to throw it away if he didn't have something that looked really good.

After he's nearly thrown game-ending picks several times on that drive. Probably not the best time to put such a decision in his hands.
Silky Johnston
I was watching on the WatchESPN app and thought it glitched to a replay of a previous play
SilverTongueDevil
The delay of game was inexcusable and was the catalyst for a really stupid decision.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree. The delay set it up and that was 100% Freeze. Extremely late decision.
gtaggie_08
AG
Hugh Freeze has terrible clock management/game management skills going back to both of our previous games against them.
With no timeouts you have to have a yard number/time limit to kick. The delay of game penalty bc he didn't make a quick decision was more egregious than the int play call
BMX Bandit
Based on freeze's reaction during play, it's clear "throw it down field" was not what Wallace was told to do.

as above said, the delay was the problem. Inexcusable.
Bone6
Wallace has played well for him all year and the forced throws earlier in the drive were a much different situation where Wallace justifiably had to gamble a bit.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
The delay of game was inexcusable and was the catalyst for a really stupid decision.

This!
Federale01
AG
Freeze went for it against us on 4th down in 2012 (I think) on their own 35 late in the 4th quarter. They didn't get it and gave us the ball back in great field position. We came back to win. He makes some questionable calls towards the end of games.
PeekingDuck
AG
I don't think that play was supposed to happen.
Federale01
AG
I agree. I think Bo went for it all and didn't see the safety.
AgsWin2011
AG
They showed Hugh Freeze on the replay and when Pretty Boy released the ball, Hugh was yelling "No Bo!!!"
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Guaranteed 3 points for sure.

Not really since the kick would have been longer than he had ever made. Still a better decision than Bo throwing it deep again after almost getting intercepted the 2-3 times he did it before
schmendeler
AG
I'm not convinced Wallace wasn't loopy after that late hit penalty. Just some weird decision making.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Call it terrible decisions or terrible coaching. The delay in the FG unit call was moronic. Then not being able to coach well enough to control your qb (to regain yards YOU gave up, btw) is just terrible coaching.
Red Stick
quote:

^

Agree with this. I'm sure Freeze wanted Wallace to look for a down and out to the sideline to....

a) Get 10+ yards to make the FG much more viable.

b) Stop the clock with the receiver going OB.

Wallace just screwed up by going long instead of throwing it away when he didn't have anything.
spoiler
It was a bad call but who thinks they would have beaten lsu in overtime????????????
Win At Life
AG
quote:
Kevin Steele at Baylor trying to run up the score vs NC St and losing the game on a scoop and score is still the worst ever.
Thread winner
Aston04
AG
The delay of game was a joke. They should have just spiked the football with Bo, once it took them about 8-10 seconds into the playclock on 3rd down to decide to kick the fg. They put their kicking team in a lose-lose situation- either rush a kick (bad idea) or get a delay of game.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I'm not convinced Wallace wasn't loopy after that late hit penalty. Just some weird decision making.

I wondered about that too. He seemed to have a problem focusing his eyes. Thought maybe he had a contact lens problem.
AggieKatie2
AG
Last 4 plays for Ole Miss

I)Interception overturned because of Defensive PI
II) Almost intercepted in end zone (should have been offensive pass interference)
III) QB run for short yardage
IV) Interception

Stupid play call
Traveler
AG
quote:
That has to be the worst play/call I've ever seen. Take the FG, wow!

Yeah, because trusting a college kicker with a 40+ yard kick is such a high-percentage play.
Aftermath
AG
7-1 in SEC west... with a last minute loss to LSU at night in Death Valley....2 Touchdowns called back and awful refs.....the best Defense in the country.....I would not Question any call that guy made, his QB made a mistake at a time when there is just a BIT of pressure...game over
NormanAg
AG
Freeze blames Wallace, but as pointed out in many posts, the delay of game was all on him.
Freeze should have owned the pass play he called as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/who-deserves-most-blame-in-ole-miss-upset-at-lsu--coach-hugh-freeze-or-qb-bo-wallace-061348565.html

quote:
Freeze slid blame onto his quarterback.
"I think Bo would tell you," he said. "I thought we were pretty clear. We were either going to take the flat throw or throw it out of bounds and try the field goal. Must have felt like he had a shot at the touchdown there with the clear out guy. Wish I could do that over for sure."
mrnegative
I think it was the right decision but the wrong call. Should have been a 5-10 yard out route where if it was caught good but if it wasn't it is no big deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.