Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Speedy at QB

4,807 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Asian Sensation
AG75FYL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Over the past 3 weeks the one guy that stands out for me is Speedy. He seems to be giving more effort than anyone. He wants the chance to be QB. Turn him loose and let him do it. Any thoughts.
James Wilson, MD
I think it's a great idea. Even for a limited package, etc.

Probably will never happen.
DCC99
AG
Did he play QB in HS? I don't follow recruiting, so I honestly don't know.
James Wilson, MD
quote:

Yes. Quite a bit.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:
Any thoughts.

THIS HAS NOT BEEN BROUGHT UP NUMEROUS TIMES THIS WEEK THANKS FOR BEING THE FIRST!
Asian Sensation
quote:
quote:

Yes. Quite a bit.
He was the best athlete in the entire 2014 class. The best athlete on a football team usually plays QB; that's how high school football works. You want your best athlete to touch the ball on every play.

Also, this is the 10th thread asking for Speedy to be moved to QB. I love Speedy, but I'm bored by the pipe dream discussions.
Space91
AG
With a guy like Speedy you find creative ways to get him involved.

I remember when Darren Lewis (or was it Greg Hill) threw a couple of half back passes that worked perfectly.
AG75FYL
MrNiceGuy thank you for pointing that out to me. Being the severe depression I have been in because of the last 3 weeks, this is the first day I have looked at TexAgs. You are so kind to point that out to me. You are such a nice guy. If anyone else comments about this too I am sorry I brought it up because it has been brought up before. It is my fault, my depression, my stupidity.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Stop. God the threads in the last week have been worse than off-season threads.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:

Wait... What's wrong with off-season threads??
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:

Wait... What's wrong with off-season threads??

Seriously offseason is my favorite time to post here.
ag92tx
I'm sure our line will block better for him since he would run the ball
goags2
AG
Kinda like Miami did last night
Nino Brown
All you guys knocking this formation suck azz. Yeah cuz zone read wouldn't work with him and our backs. I'm not saying the coaches don't know what they're doing but they've become too predictable.
realag14
Pengwin Ag
AG
I like pie.

Oh, I thought we were posting about stuff that didn't matter and wouldn't matter.
suburban cowboy
AG
Speedy has been underwhelming IMO
Agsgirl
Underwhelming? Good grief, he's the only one that's played with any heart at all.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Speedy's been practicing at WR full-time starting this year. Kyle Allen's been practicing at QB since at least HS. I don't wanna jack with Speedy's development at WR, or Allen's at QB.

Wildcat package? Sure! But not full-time. JMO.
Sid Farkas
AG
I've started this same thread Three times since halftime of 59-0...

This is a capital idea old chap!
STX Ag
AG
quote:
Underwhelming? Good grief, he's the only one that's played with any heart at all.

Ags girl is right. And I might hit her up on tinder.
Picadillo
Air Raid in the SEC requires a QB who can run. If not, good luck and God have mercy on our souls.
Agsgirl
Our Air Raid has turned into a ground scramble...
Agsgirl
It's not like we've never tried to convert a WR to a QB before...we had something like that happen a few years back, I believe he plays for an NFL team now in Florida?
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
It's not like we've never tried to convert a WR to a QB before...we had something like that happen a few years back, I believe he plays for an NFL team now in Florida?

Tanny was a backup Qb that played wr, bc we had no talent at the position...

Speedy playing Qb would be the inverse of the situation described above
bogustrumper
AG
Instead of the Rhino package have Speedy in at QB for the Wishbone package! Carson at FB, Brandon and Trey at the HBs.
Agsgirl
Tannehill was still converted from one to another so it can be done....speedy gives our offense another dimension that we desperately need. I'm not saying he's the final answer at QB, but we need everyone playing focused and intense football. This half hearted effort we've seen and a lack of focus and concentration wouldn't be tolerated in high school play....
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
Tannehill was still converted from one to another so it can be done....speedy gives our offense another dimension that we desperately need. I'm not saying he's the final answer at QB, but we need everyone playing focused and intense football. This half hearted effort we've seen and a lack of focus and concentration wouldn't be tolerated in high school play....

Amen Lil Mama
Personal Best
AG
quote:

Converting from QB to receiver and back to QB is different than converting from receiver to QB.

I do think hill sucks and needs to be benched, but just because someone played QB in high school doesn't mean he's the best fit. lots of elite athletes played QB in high school simply because that's where HS coaches wanted their best athletes to be. Doesn't mean that their game translates to the next level. That's like taking the water boy approach.
Agsgirl
We can agree to disagree on this point, I don't see it as the water boy approach, I see it as putting the best players in position to give this team a W...kind of like coach Sumlin moving Nate Askew from WR to lb because he was too talented an athlete for him not to play....one thing we do agree on is KH has went backwards and is awful....is sad to watch what a strong offense with so much talent has fallen to. The defense has struggled so much it's painful to watch....
SA-AG72
AG
Trevone Boykin has done all right at TCU.
Asian Sensation
quote:
Trevone Boykin has done all right at TCU.
Poor Joeckel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.