Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What about a starting lineup something like this?

2,168 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgBeliever
AgBeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Someone posted this as a starting lineup that they would like to see on another site.

I'm not posting his comments, since some were pretty negative about some players (although I agree with his comments for the most part).

His rationale, and one I fully support, is that if a player is not giving the effort on every play or if his performance is such that the back-up has the potential to be better, then let's give the back-up a shot.

I'm okay with his line-up.

QB: Allen
RB: Trey Williams
WR: Pope
WR: Neiderhoff
WR: Speedy
WR: Kennedy

LT: Ced
LG: Grambling
C: Compton
RG: Cheek
RT: Linblade

RDE: Cunningham
DT: Williams
Nose: Robinson
LDE: Johnson

Sam - Alaka
Mike- Walker
Will- Washington

CB- Davis
NB- Ellis
CB- Harvey
SS- Wilson
FS- Watts
mrnegative
quote:
Someone posted this as a starting lineup that they would like to see on another site.

I'm not posting his comments, since some were pretty negative about some players (although I agree with his comments for the most part).

His rationale, and one I fully support, is that if a player is not giving the effort on every play or if his performance is such that the back-up has the potential to be better, then let's give the back-up a shot.

Sam - Alaka
Mike- Walker
Will- Washington

CB- Davis
NB- Ellis
CB- Harvey
SS- Wilson
FS- Watts

That oline would be shaky with no chemistry.
Boone should not start; I would rather have tabuyo/parker/Williams start there. Or can clear
Also no garret is bad.

Do not want
jickyjack1
No Garrett? Other than that omission, I'm certain Coach Sumlin would be very interested; very interested, indeed.
Texam90
AG
So we are going to keep our best pass rusher on the bench and start a walkon a WR?
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
quote:

Sam - Alaka
Mike- Walker
Will- Washington

CB- Davis
NB- Ellis
CB- Harvey
SS- Wilson
FS- Watts

That oline would be shaky with no chemistry.
Boone should not start; I would rather have tabuyo/parker/Williams start there. Or can clear
Also no garret is bad.

Do not want
As if the O Line is playing worth a damn now. We were better at the guards when Cheek and Grambling were starting. Our C seems to have problems snapping the ball too high. And our RT is taking too many plays off.
cretzloff
AG
DL seems to be missing someone. Like a 5-star guy who gets tackles, sacks, hurries and needs to be double teamed by opposing OLs to be contained. Future bednarik/lombardi/nagurski winner. IDK, I'll think of him.
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
So we are going to keep our best pass rusher on the bench and start a walkon a WR?
Have you seen our WRs lately?
mrnegative
I guess it couldn't get worse, but I don't think it would be immediately better
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
No Garrett? Other than that omission, I'm certain Coach Sumlin would be very interested; very interested, indeed.
Yeah, I'm not sure why the omission is there. Although the pass rush against Bama was pathetic so maybe he thought the effort wasn't there. IDK.
dimeboxaggie
AG
Nieder shows passion and you can tell he won't quit. Just like speedy. I say start him.

Picadillo
Speedy at QB
Mr.KyleReed
AG
put in Garrett, and instead of Boone, put in Tabuyo or Nacho
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
I guess it couldn't get worse, but I don't think it would be immediately better
I agree. I think a shake up like this would be more about sending a message (don't take any plays off), as well as getting some of the younger guys some more playing time (expediting their development).

Heck, as it stands now, we are looking at the Texas Bowl or Music City Bowl. Why not do something like this?
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
put in Garrett, and instead of Boone, put in Tabuyo or Nacho
Yeah. Not sure I would want Myles out and Tabuyo has looked good when he's played.

However, I like the idea of starting guys that are showing the effort.

We have to nip this discipline issue in the bud.
tjack16
AG
As much as Josh Reynolds drops passes, he has been our big play receiver when he catches them and leads us in Rec TD's. Not having him start might hurt in trying to establish the downfield passing game early.
Tamu_mgm
AG
I'm so sick of seeing Neiderhoffer out there. He is slow, small, and his one former strength of being sure-handed is now nothing special since he's had several drops this season. He is no Labhart, and he needs to not start.
fishinaggiegirl
AG
And Josh has caught some sick passes.
AgBeliever
AG
Yeah, replacing Boone with Josh might not be a bad idea. Assuming Josh isn't taking plays off.

I liked Sumlin's comment after the first half of the Bama game, that we need to find out who wants to play. This half stepping crap needs to stop.

Performance = Effort x Ability

If you have all the ability in the world but no effort, you are going to suck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.