Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Can we get this OC?

4,231 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
WestTexAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Article/Incredible-stat-Lincoln-Rileys-offense-in-the-red-zone-32278894

I went to high school with him and his brother Garrett. Lincoln is definitely smart and actually coached for Leach when they had a good offense before he was fired.
mrnegative
Spavital is not losing his job this year most likely and neither is Snyder. Stop searching for jobs that are already and will still be filled
12thGauge
quote:
Spavital is not losing his job this year most likely and neither is Snyder. Stop searching for jobs that are already and will still be filled

Spav will get away with the first season excuse, snyders gone.
RTB Ag
AG
As good as that guy seems Patty Cakes, I'd rather have someone who doesn't need to learn anything.
PlayToWin2000
AG
quote:

Snyder is done and he knows it. Sumlin won't fire mid season, although he should.
mrnegative
quote:
quote:

Snyder is done and he knows it. Sumlin won't fire mid season, although he should.
Snyder isn't done unless we suck ass vs mizzou. Until then, We faced great offenses and our poor performances had as much to do with heart as anything. And no, any firing mid season is bad for any team, especially in recruiting. But if Snyder holds LSU/Mizzou to around 21 and holds auby to 35ish he stays and I would be fine with it
mrnegative
BTW, wassup 12th?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Snyder's D has done much better this year. The offense needs to get a lot better at sustaining drives and scoring points, because we are far more likely to go 3 & out or have a 4-6 play drive for 20 yards than anything else. Bama scored so much and so often in the first half because we could barely hold a drive for a minute and a half of play clock. The entire game we went 3 & out 7 times. We only had 13 drives, not counting the few seconds we had as time expired. I'm pretty sure there was also a four and out where we didn't get a first down, too.
mrnegative
This^^
Catfishfoereal
I'm real positive about mrnegative's comments!

Head coaches pick their staffs for a reason and that reason isn't because they think they will suc.

If head coaches fired their assistants depending on which way the wind blows in the zoo.....they couldn't get anyone worth their salt to fill the spots! KS and those close to the program know if Mark Snyder has got or does not have the personnel to make things work. If KS feels he has those and is not obtaining the desired results then he will have that discussion/evaluation with MS and do what is right for the program.

If he does not have the pieces then it's part of KS job to get him the personnel to succeed. As far as Spavital is concerned.........people on here will be wringing their hands when he is poached from us to become a head coach within the next two years.........
85AustinAg
AG
The defense quit against Bama. Quit. You fix that and play well the rest of the season - in theory I could see Snyder back. But I don't think its that easy to get a team to play hard for you again after they've quit on you. You don't lose 59-0 against a top ten team one week and then 3 weeks later play competitively with another top 10 team. It doesn't work like that. There are some locker room issues going on here and who knows what it will take or how long it will take to fix. If it was only X's and O's it would be a lot easier to fix.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The defense quit because the offense had been mailing it in for 3 weeks. It's hard to want to go out and play your best when you know the other side of the ball isn't going to be there. There's a reason we lost 59 to nothing.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
The defense quit because the offense had been mailing it in for 3 weeks. It's hard to want to go out and play your best when you know the other side of the ball isn't going to be there. There's a reason we lost 59 to nothing.
James Wilson, MD
Like I said earlier, it's gonna be fun watching this team respond to adversity.

But saying Snyder's defense has improved this year after what happened in Bama is a bit of a stretch.

I would have agreed with you before last week though.
Catfishfoereal
Wow! Some intelligent discussion broke out! The kids nust be out skate boarding for awhile...
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

The defense was terrible against Mississippi St, bad against ole miss, and abominable against Bama. They don't have much room to point fingers, though I agree the O had ranged from very bad to horrific for three straight weeks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.