Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hunter Goodwin

7,522 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ben Diamond
Spectac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Awesome segment this morning on texags radio. I haven't heard this good of a football breakdown in a very long time. Even though no solutions were offered and it was depressing overall, the insight he provided in dissecting a few offensive plays from the game was absolutely incredible and eye opening.

I wish we had more segments like this but with former players who played different positions, especially defense. I would love to hear what a former linebacker (Say, Mike Hodges or Dat) has to say about our LB play and what mistakes are being made.

I strongly recommend listening to that segment, fellow zoo posters. It is very insightful and you can learn a thing or 2 about football. Listening to the segment made me feel much less hate for Spav and much more for the position coaches.

here's the link: http://www.kzne.com/page.php?page_id=141

Click on October 23, 2014 hour 2 and enjoy.
91Ags_
AG
Definitely was interesting.
Barely Stacked
AG
Hodges was a fantastic LB for the Ags! Really miss that guy.
PeekingDuck
AG
Well, that was depressing. See you guys in 3 years.
JustisWalkert
AG
Why is he not coaching our O line?
tinywhiteag12
Chickenhawk
Dude...that is like, your opinion and stuff.
coupland boy
AG
Thanks spectac.

Makes you realize how uneducated any football conversation not involving someone with that kind of football pedigree really is.

So, the big question for me is how did we let this happen? How can a coaching staff allow basic fundamentals to not be addressed?
Ben Diamond
Great segment. I agree 100% with what Hunter said.
kentky
BJ Anderson needs to go along with Snyder and Hagen.
mid90
AG
quote:
jagged
AG
quote:
Even though no solutions were offered and it was depressing overall, the insight he provided in dissecting a few offensive plays from the game was absolutely incredible and eye opening.

Sounds like the same way I envision the team reviewing film. Except nobody opens their eyes.
Madden
BJ Anderson is a great recruiter. You can't get rid of him
Aggie
AG
Leone today called the Ags " Internet gangsters"

Haha.. Funny but true
Mr. White
Listening now. I guess all of the early positive results convinced the players (and coaches?) to rest on their laurels. I think the Auburn game will be close.
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
BJ Anderson is a great recruiter.
This is true.
Picadillo
Great recruiter, but can't coach. Our OL has no clue.
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
Great recruiter, but can't coach. Our OL has no clue.
This is true as well.
aggiebrad94
AG
Do some of you really believe Hunter is the only one with this knowledge? Do you really think our coaches don't know just as much as Hunter? Sometimes, it really is the player. Sometimes, a coach does everything right in teaching and calling plays and the players don't execute.
Hoyt Ag
AG
quote:
Do some of you really believe Hunter is the only one with this knowledge? Do you really think our coaches don't know just as much as Hunter? Sometimes, it really is the player. Sometimes, a coach does everything right in teaching and calling plays and the players don't execute.
No Kidding. The guys on the radio are sharp but to think our coaches are not thinking the same thing is laughable at best.
Eric Forman
AG
quote:

And if a coach fills the roster with said problematic players, that's a failure in recruiting. This argument can go in circles forever.

Team sucks, needs fixing... that's the only cold hard fact that exists right now. Somebody needs to get on top of this and FIX IT!!

Picadillo
Hands.....feet..... the legal chop. our guys don't know any of this
CrottyKid
AG
Goodwin has been on Cam Clear's behind for the past 3 weeks.
He is going to bag on OLine technique as long as Mike Sherman or Jim Turner are not the OL coach.

He has been on Mark Snyder's behind for the past 3 weeks.
He is going to bag on Snyder until he is fired.

Basically, he's locked on to the OLine and Defense (especially front 7) and just talks about how bad those guys are.
d78230
AG
Too bad hunter isn't on our coaching staff somewhere.
RoyIII_Ag08
AG

Ben Diamond
Hunter is right. And regardless of if the coaches see the problems they aren't fixing them.
JeffHamilton82
quote:
quote:

heddy Lamarr
AG
Hunter is ******...he needs to stfu

He's was on that epic team that was tied by SMU fresh off of the death penalty. Probobly blamed everyone else but himself for that abomination

We finish exam awesome 10-0-1 - well done hunter

Nobody who played in the game has the right to call out anything associated with the current Aggie team and staff.
Ben Diamond
So much fail ^.
heddy Lamarr
AG
^ please explain?

Nothing this team or coaching staff has done that matches the embarrassment of that SMU tie...Houston literally almost scored 100 points and had over 1,000 yards against that team playing with a bunch of one star freshman
Ben Diamond
Never lost to Tulsa. And all his points were corect.
heddy Lamarr
AG
Corrected. He wasn't on that awesome team that lost to Tulsa. He was on that even better team that tied death penalty SMU in San Antonio.

That SMU team was the worst Div-IA team in modern history

Freaking worse
Ben Diamond
Regardless Hunter is 150% correct.
realag14
Ben Diamond
Losing 59/0 was worse. Worse lose in school history. Because the amount of problems that created the lose.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.