Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It's Clemson

10,060 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Brazos Ag 1970
The Chicken Ranch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Lame. already played them 10 years ago... Can't we mix it up a bit???

Seriously?

We could play Clemson OOC every ten years
or so and I'd be ok with it. It was a good road trip in '05 despite the score.
Towns03
AG
quote:
Top 15 huh
eATMup-Reveille
quote:
quote:
quote:
meh

We play enough games every season in that market. Adding one more doesn't do much.

Disagree. If we're recruiting someone from that region, each opportunity to play there helps IMO.
Yeah, because games against Florida, South Carolina and Georgia aren't enough? Not to mention that all those games will be on SEC Network or national TV.

So you think one game in Oregon is enough to get recruits from that region? Also, are you assuming a recruit that sees us play at Clemson will also go to see us at SC and GA? I still think a visit to Clemson gives us a better shot than a visit to Oregon. HOWEVER, I'd prefer to have us play Oregon based on the strengths of the two opponents now, but by the time these games are played that could certainly change.

The Chicken Ranch
AG
Clemson is a team in the South. We are basically in the same region and we have pseudo history with them.

It is a good series.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
meh

We play enough games every season in that market. Adding one more doesn't do much.

Disagree. If we're recruiting someone from that region, each opportunity to play there helps IMO.
Yeah, because games against Florida, South Carolina and Georgia aren't enough? Not to mention that all those games will be on SEC Network or national TV.

So you think one game in Oregon is enough to get recruits from that region? Also, are you assuming a recruit that sees us play at Clemson will also go to see us at SC and GA? I still think a visit to Clemson gives us a better shot than a visit to Oregon. HOWEVER, I'd prefer to have us play Oregon based on the strengths of the two opponents now, but by the time these games are played that could certainly change.
I know this is the zoo and civility isn't allowed...

But you seem somewhat civil so... we will be featured week in and week out in the entire region from South Carolina to Texas and as far north as KY. So we have that locked down pretty well as far as exposure is concerned.

However, we don't play many games outside of this region. It isn't always about recruiting but also about potential students, school prestige and national exposure (which is now a given for FOOTBALL with the SEC).

A&M is more than a football school. It is also a school with academic excellence (although that is a statement that certainly cannot be proven on this board!) Exposing us nationally is a good thing. Of course if we go out there and lay an egg? Well....

There were many that wanted Stanford. Not just because Stanford is a good team. But what a great road trip to San Francisco. What a great opportunity to go visit that area. They might start looking at our school how we do based on the showing they'd get. Going to Clemson doesn't achieve any of that.
AquaAg1984
AG
quote:
We played Clemson in the 70's we use to beat them like bama beat us and that was with a wishbone...lol
A&M beat Clemson 30-15 in '73 and 24-0 in '74. Good wins but not even remotely similar to how Bama raped the Ags last weekend. Not even close.
PCC_80
AG

Just read on another board that the reason we dropped Oregon and added Clemson was because we could flip the Home Games so that we would have 7 Home Games for both 2018 and 2019. That damn Arkansas Game in Jerry World problem again. Seven home games every year is the plan.
EKUAg
AG
quote:

Just read on another board that the reason we dropped Oregon and added Clemson was because we could flip the Home Games so that we would have 7 Home Games for both 2018 and 2019. That damn Arkansas Game in Jerry World problem again. Seven home games every year is the plan.
At least until the contact for playing at the Death Star is over.
Wes97
AG
Clemson is a great road trip. I remember most of it. Highly recommend.
Cuterebra
AG
Clemson is a great addition to the schedule. We will have one on the toughest schedules in the nation, especially when we also add the top 15 program that was alluded to earlier in the day.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Yep, that damn game in jerryworld can't end soon enough.
67walkon
Why give Oregon more of a chance to buy players?
redjalapeno-87
A series with Clemson, good bull, great fanbase.
AGJAKE03
AG
Would rather go to Autzen
FrontPorchAg
I love it. I think it was a great choice over Oregon.
ag-13
AG
I'm surprised teams aren't scampering to add us to their schedules after last week's shellacking.
agchugger
AG
Would like the opportunity to see a team I've never seen... I've seen clemson... We get limited OOC opponents... I want to see new teams I've never seen.
mccag
S
Another opportunity to party with Tiger Tatt! Haven't seenher on here in years but wouldn't surprise me to see her come back. They do
have a good fan base! And yes Fran blew that last one IMO!
aggie813
At Clemson and at UGA in 2019....Two awesome road games for me.
VikingNik
AG
quote:
Went last time. Had a blast even though we were outscored. (Really questionable decisions by Fran)
I'll be there if I'm still around.

Very very very questionable. What a moron he was. "Hey, we just scored to go up 23-22. Lets kick an extra point for that safe two point lead. Their FG kicker can't possibly hit 6 in one game."
BTKAG97
AG
quote:
We played Clemson in the 70's we use to beat them like bama beat us and that was with a wishbone...lol

We've played the 4 times, total.

TAMU's record is 3-1. Two wins in the 70's, another in '04 and the loss in '05.
Hu11abaloo
AG
Initially, I'm disappointed, because I think we all wanted to see this match, but this is actually better for recruiting, and it might (not saying it will), just might slow down Oregon's relevance in Texas
THEamc
AG
Went to Clemson in 05.

One of the best road trips Ags have ever gone to. Can't wait to go back.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Same here!
Ian Neff
AG
In no way do I understand how playing in another state helps recruiting AT ALL.

How does it help Oregon recruit Texas players if they play us at Kyle? How does it benefit us to play at Clemson?

Do recruits have tv? Can't they see the color of our uniforms in HD?

I do NOT GET THIS AT ALL.
BillgoCU
I'm a Clemson grad and have been a fan of A&M (and texags) since we made the trip out last time. Had a great time; yall are great to tailgate with. Really looking forward to playing again! In the meantime, keep letting the gamecocks have it every year!
turboboost
AG
Im down with Clemson...very similar to us
hardtimes
quote:

Don't we also have a road game against Rice in 2019. Or is the idea that we have already planned to buy out that game?
IDaggie06
AG
boring
dallasag00
AG
Clemson is a top 10 national road trip. Really hard to beat.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Clemson. Nice! Interesting how the "Oregon off the table" and "We're playing Clemson" came within such a short period of time of each other. Couldn't be related, right Ags?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.