Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Your top 3 DC options for A&M?

11,374 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by txtomster
jturner181
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keep it to realistic, Texas ties, fits at A&M and brings a fire to the locker room/position... Good recruiter also help.

What about Dick Bumpas? Guy does a great job at TCU with limited recruiting.
tmaggie50
AG
Personally, Id almost prefer someone who doesn't think like A&M. Get an outsider with experience at other places to come in and add some more perspective. Clearly, whatever we have been doing on that side of the ball since the turn of the century has been horribly wrong.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Keep it to realistic, Texas ties, fits at A&M and brings a fire to the locker room/position... Good recruiter also
Jackie Sherill

other than him I think you ruled everyone else out

IF Sumlin can get along with him, go with the slam dunk hire and get Muschamp.

Recruiting - check
Fire on D - check
Fits at A&M - what does that mean and why does it matter? is he going to be leading yells?
most impressive resume of any attainable DC - and yes come December, he'll be available.
jeffk
AG
Muschamp is extremely GIF-able, which I think is a huge requirement for a DC here.
FJB
AG
Someone who breathes fire would be nice.
wrinkledink
AG
The Muschamp GIFs would be priceless but I don't see him coming here..
1996OlAg
AG
How about that Mexican soccer coach?
ramirez78
1. Phil Bennett
2. Gene Chizik

Both are realistic, texas ties. upgrade from where they are at.
Nino Brown
Would have no problem with Chizik actually. If not Tracy Rocker, Sec ties, former player, Atlanta ties.
JJxvi
AG
Phil Bennett? Jesus. Why? Because he "gets A&M?"
No Spin Ag
Anyone from the SEC that has a history of success.

If we're going to beat the best, we need to hire from the best.
fishinaggiegirl
AG
Someone who likes to WIN
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
We don't want any big name guy that has or is HC experience.
The last thing we need is someone to come in and be successful only to be looking/flirting with greener pastures right after that. That is the situation that has bitten us for HC in the past.

Success, then rumors, then him and his agent letting rumors gain steam until our insufferable fanbase and admin floats them a premature, not yet justified contract extension and pay raise.

We need someone slightly off the radar but experienced and proven success -- yeah, that's the catch and the hard part.

Efff Muschamp -- don't like his jackass persona, he hates TAMU, and he'd be out the door the first offer for HC if he found success here.
I can stomach Chizik but he'd bolt ASAP also.
mrnegative
1. Snyder still
2. Houston DC
3. Northwestern DC
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
1. Snyder still
2. Houston DC
3. Northwestern DC

I think we know what name Snyder posts under now. Nobody wants Snyder to keep coaching our defense except whorn fans and Snyder himself.
technoviking
AG
1. Pat Narduzzi
2. Will Muschamp
3. Dick Bumpas

Who are we gonna get? Nobody on this list.

I hope whoever it is has recruiting ties in Texas, preaches physicality and emphasizes linebacker play.

What do yall think about Terry Price stepping up as DC? I know he has the Texas recruiting ties and already knows the players. Could he succeed?
BMoreBirds
Tim Deruyter
Rick Barnes
Bob Davie
TyHolden
AG
Actually chizik could be an option. He knows the conf real well and might be looking for payback.
technoviking
AG
quote:
We don't want any big name guy that has or is HC experience.
The last thing we need is someone to come in and be successful only to be looking/flirting with greener pastures right after that. That is the situation that has bitten us for HC in the past.

Success, then rumors, then him and his agent letting rumors gain steam until our insufferable fanbase and admin floats them a premature, not yet justified contract extension and pay raise.

We need someone slightly off the radar but experienced and proven success -- yeah, that's the catch and the hard part.

Efff Muschamp -- don't like his jackass persona, he hates TAMU, and he'd be out the door the first offer for HC if he found success here.
I can stomach Chizik but he'd bolt ASAP also.

I'm not so sure Muschamp would be immediately looking to become a head coach right off the bat. Moreso, I don't think the teams he'd like to coach would be knocking on his door to have him as head coach until he has at least a couple years of proving yet again why he deserves to be a head coach.

I'd love to see Muschamp get after the players! It might rub off on the dudes on the offensive side of the ball too.
Cannonball!
AG
I wonder if chizik would have motivation/ambition. Seems like it would be hard to go back to the conference where you won the natty as head coach and be a DC unless you're just in it for the paycheck.
Cooglover
quote:
1. Snyder still
2. Houston DC
3. Northwestern DC
Stay away from our DC
BamaTex1
Not sure on Boom's contract, but my guess is he sits out at least a year so he can collect his buyout money similar to most fired coaches with $ left on contract these days. He will probably go work at ESPN or SEC NET for 1-2 years then go back to a HC job in middle of the road team to boost image.

He will have offers for HC jobs that will be ahead of a top DC job such as A&M. Also, I think he waits a year to see if Kirby leaves Bama, and then does a Lane Kiffin rebuild under Saban.

Also, I think getting Houston's DC would be great, as he has NFL pedigree and big time CFB experience as well. Great DB coach too.
FJB
AG
Any coach who can win will "get A&M". Hth
CGSC Lobotomy
Realistic options are the Florida DC, Louisville DC, and Arizona DC.
misterguinness
AG
Chris Kiffin --- Recruiting Coordinator/DLine coach at Ole Miss
zmurda
you're a dick bumpa
vander54
S
quote:
1. Pat Narduzzi
2. Will Muschamp
3. Dick Bumpas

I hope whoever it is has recruiting ties in Texas, preaches physicality and emphasizes linebacker play.

What do yall think about Terry Price stepping up as DC? I know he has the Texas recruiting ties and already knows the players. Could he succeed?
Wasn't Narduzzi Sumlins first choice?
technoviking
AG
quote:
Not sure on Boom's contract, but my guess is he sits out at least a year so he can collect his buyout money similar to most fired coaches with $ left on contract these days. He will probably go work at ESPN or SEC NET for 1-2 years then go back to a HC job in middle of the road team to boost image.

He will have offers for HC jobs that will be ahead of a top DC job such as A&M. Also, I think he waits a year to see if Kirby leaves Bama, and then does a Lane Kiffin rebuild under Saban.

Also, I think getting Houston's DC would be great, as he has NFL pedigree and big time CFB experience as well. Great DB coach too.

So what I gathered from this is Bama DC spot > most HC gigs. Tamu DC spot < most middle of the road HC gigs. And that we should get a conference USA DC rather than go for a SEC DC.

Nice underhandedness!
technoviking
AG
quote:
quote:
1. Pat Narduzzi
2. Will Muschamp
3. Dick Bumpas

Wasn't Narduzzi Sumlins first choice?

If he could have gotten him and didn't, that makes me really sad.
Orgeron (if we think he can keep us off probation). Prob makes less than 200k a year at his current job (not sure if USC is still paying him).

Mangino for OC. He and Sumlin have ties. Phenomonal coach. Watch how well-coached ISU's offense is. Dude won at KU. Will need to pay him.
technoviking
AG
quote:
Orgeron (if we think he can keep us off probation). Prob makes less than 200k a year at his current job (not sure if USC is still paying him).

Mangino for OC. He and Sumlin have ties. Phenomonal coach. Watch how well-coached ISU's offense is. Dude won at KU. Will need to pay him.

Can we write into his contract that he get his stomach stapled? Dude might be a great coach, but would open us up to all kinds of fat jokes.
TAMC11
AG
quote:
Fits at A&M - what does that mean and why does it matter? is he going to be leading yells?

If Muschamp can't sing "saw varsity's horns off", I don't want him.
mrnegative
quote:
quote:
1. Snyder still
2. Houston DC
3. Northwestern DC

I think we know what name Snyder posts under now. Nobody wants Snyder to keep coaching our defense except whorn fans and Snyder himself.

Lol
Dennis Reynolds
Nardog
mrnegative
quote:
quote:
1. Snyder still
2. Houston DC
3. Northwestern DC
Stay away from our DC

What's bad about that list? If yall don't like Snyder, at least look at the other two choices. Houston generates tons of turnovers and NW doesn't allow a lot of passing yards or points
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.