Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why we are 5-3 right now

14,099 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ulrich
cmsaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Top 6 reasons we are 5-3.
1. Coaching: The defense should be kept in a small dark closet and not be shown the light of day. There should be one voice saying "Tackle" over and over again until their thick skulls can process that.

2. Coaching: 2 strengths of the South Carolina game besides tackling- safety play and pressure on the QB. Myles Garrett and Armani Watts have gone from Heroes to Zeroes. Maybe the coaches should have been less concerned with telling them how great they are (breaking Clowney's record) and Watts trying to make a play on that punt return. And more concerned with the fundamentals of football on the defensive side to get better play as the season goes on.

3. Coaching: maybe the coaches should have followed if it ain't broke don't fix it. Devante Harris should not have arms to play football. They need to be taken off and he should not be allowed around a football field, EVER. So Victor Davis is playing well with Burns and Watts, and you bring in these "veterans" to play instead. Absolutely pathetic.

4. Coaching: the WR against South Carolina- that was a thing of beauty. And yet they continued to do the same thing against (Lamar, SMU, Rice) and you thought the SEC West teams weren't going to pick up on it? Maybe the coaches should have taken some risks and establishing a presence in some vertical, deep threat play calls to give these "young and talented" WRs and Kenny Hill at QB some experience and more importantly CONFIDENCE throwing the ball more than 15 yards downfield.

5. Coaching: Kevin Sumlin at SEC media days cracks me up. Not the "Cleveland Browns" comment but the fact that he brought up Cam Clear more than any other player on the team. "Clear is a mismatch at 6-6, 260 lbs". Cam Clear stats to date (4 receptions for 35 yards). And yet the main target over the middle without Kennedy has been a walk on Boone Niederhoffer. ALL THAT TALENT. RSJ, CLEAR, NOIL, REYNOLDS, POPE. AND YOUR OFFENSIVE SECURITY BLANKET IN THE MIDDLE IS BOONE NIEDERHOFFER.

6. Coaching: The OL is totally dominant in the first game and you think it is a good idea to just insert Jarvis Harrison back on the line. I get it. He's a veteran. But he was not playing for a reason.

So it is blatantly obvious of who is to blame. THE COACHING STAFF. All this #WRTS, #WHAT, THE WATER CELEBRATIONS, "WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY".... Stop it. The greatest player in the history of our program comes in and the best we finish is third in our own division. We haven't won anything. I have never understood a fan base that celebrates mediocrity the way we do.
ag_derp
AG
Agree.
STX Ag
AG
The fact that they continually say they are going to involve clear more then absolutely fail to find a way to do it is baffling.
Larry S Ross
AG
Sounds good to me.

2nd
Larry S Ross
AG
Dammit 3rd.
Rusty Shakleford
AG
quote:
The fact that they continually say they are going to involve clear more then absolutely fail to find a way to do it is baffling.
More Cam pls coaches.
Wabs
AG
Must say, I'm in agreement with OP. Just when you thought it couldn't get more embarrassing....59-0...
Fsanmig
Nope. Its the premature release of the SEC Ready video. We jinxed
Burnsey
AG
Cause we played three shatty teams?
Ben Diamond
And Sumlin celebration after the Arkansas like his team played well and whopped butt. I keep waiting to see some Bob Stoops in Sumlin. You think Stoops would be whopping it up after a awful performance?
Ben Diamond
Trey Williams is about to be a senior and has been completely underutilized for three years under Sumlin.
Slicer97
AG
quote:
Trey Williams is about to be a senior and has been completely underutilized for three years under Sumlin.

That will hold true for every talented running back we ever bring in here

For the skill set he wants, I wonder why we just don't put another tight end back there
that poster
Does Cam really exist or just a pigment of an icey white?
Ben Diamond
Williams should be running jet sweeps from the WR spot. Also should be reciving touches like 15 a game. Kid is a game breaker. Really don't understand it.
Ben Diamond
It truly is amazing as all you hear is what a offensive guru yet loads of talented players seem to be underutilized.
Slicer97
AG
I'd really like an explanation as to why Holmes sees the field more often than Tabuyo or Gonzalez

that just mystifies me
BigWhig
AG
The last good team we beat was OU in the Cotton 2 years ago. Our staff is not SEC ready.
Ben Diamond
My brother was really high on Gonzales coming in and asks me every week why he doesn't play more.
Ben Diamond
If it's not ready than Sumlin needs to fix that.
Jimmy Valentine
"If you want the rock, you have to block."

Cam does not block.
frogagg
5-3 cuz we just played 3 teams a lot better than us. All three have had multiple outstanding recruiting classes that have evolved. Also we could use some Ed Simioni, Garth Ten Napel, Mike Little, and Von Miller types of passion!
Ben Diamond
Does anyone? That's what's funny is the players Sumlin picks and chooses to bench for not doing the little things. And the players who rarely do the little things that never get benched.
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
You missed the top two reasons:

#1 - Spav couldn't play call himself out of a wet paper bag. Run on first down. No gain. Run on second down. Lose a yard. Throw 2--3 yard pass to sidelines. Punt. Repeat for 16 quarters. Tall,fast, strong receivers and massive tight end with good hands? Use them to block for slow walk-on catching 2 yd passes. It shouldn't take 16 quarters to realize something wrong.

#2. Offensive Line gives away the running plays. I officiate high school football. I'm an Umpire - the official behind the LBs. I have learned to read the offensive lines so that I know when to stay put on running plays - and when to step up on passing plays. Guess what? Several players on the OL have a different stance for running plays vs passing plays. Real easy to read that and change your defensive adjustments accordingly. And our opponents did do just that. Did I really have to tell the coaching staff this? They have never looked for tales of there own guys on film?

i agree with the rest.
Ben Diamond
Explosive plays? Where are they?
Ben Diamond
This isn't a well coached team and thaf disturbs me.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
STX Ag
AG
Rojo the OL is just flat out terrible. IMO most of our offensive problems start right there. Kenny Hill is pretty serviceable if he has protection. Without it...well, he's no Johnny football.
Shanked Punt
We are 5-3 right now because we outscored 5 out of 8 opponents.
Meximan
Top 10 Reasons We Are 5-3:

Number 10: Equipment trainers swapped out the receivers' gloves with oven mitts,
Number 9: Players practice tackling by trying to catch a greased-up deaf guy,
Number 8: The Gatorade was spiked with Vallium,
Number 7: Edward Snowden leaked Sumlin's playbook to the SEC office,
Number 6: McRibs for team lunches,
Number 5: Offensive linemen forced to play in concrete shoes,
Number 4: Kenny Hill playing with Luke Skywalker's blast shield on,
Number 3: Player jerseys stitched with Velcro for opposing teams to latch on to,
Number 2: Spavital and Snyder crossed the streams,
And the Number 1 Reason: Drew Kaser for Heisman, good night everybody!
JSKolache
AG
Receivers can't catch. Defense can't tackle. They don't even try. Stripping the ball has not worked in a month. Run them through.
permabull
AG
heddy Lamarr
AG
Coaches don't drop passes.
AGGIEZ12
quote:
Coaches don't drop passes.

THERE IT IS! I was waiting for that one...
jim 78
AG
Just let me know when we Fire "Downhill Snyder", bench the "lost trailer" Jordan Mastrogiovanni along with "drop pass" Holmes.

Move Garrett to MLB and let him loose like Quentin Coryatt. Put Sanders on on side at OLB and Matthews on the other side at OLB. you gotta shake this thing UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.