Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Get your licks in while you can

8,529 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SQXVI
ILuvAgLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This team will get it turned around, don't you worry. This is just a slight hiccup like we thought it would be before the season started. Once all this talent gets on track it's going to be something special. So get your licks in while you can
InnerCityAg
So gay. Haven't we been saying that forever?
SQXVI
AG
I wish I felt as optimistic as you do, but I see no light at the end of the tunnel at all right now.
Flashdiaz
AG
apparently people's sarcasm meter is on bye week
Off_The_Wood
AG
definitely gay
ILuvAgLand
quote:
I wish I felt as optimistic as you do, but I see no light at the end of the tunnel at all right now.

Keep looking at the good things. It will get better
SQXVI
AG
quote:
quote:

Keep looking at the good things. It will get better
what are the good things? Speedy Noil, Myles Garrett when he tries, and our locker room?
Personal Best
AG
Thought I'd post here to make it less gay
ATMer
AG
"We've never been licked!"
VA_Ag94
AG
Aggie72BQ
AG
Jackie said it first,.. I agree that we will be awesome. Adversity builds champions.
ILuvAgLand
quote:
Jackie said it first,.. I agree that we will be awesome. Adversity builds champions.

Just as appropriate then as it is now. Hang tight and never quit
Bankeraggie
AG
quote:

Between Fran and Sherm and now this debacle. If adversity builds champions. We should go undefeated for about 8 years.

By the way, this saying is stupid. Some teams suck. They suck forever. They do not get stronger because they suck. See Prairie View and their what 65 losses in a row? How strong did they get?
claym711
AG
Dey skrung
Nom de Plume
AG
Snoring emoticon
that poster
Cue " always look at the bright side of life... De da, Dee da de da de da!"
snowdog90
Hope op is right
Meximan
quote:
See Prairie View and their what 65 losses in a row? How strong did they get?
They did bounce back and for a brief, brief period of time ran roughshod through their conference when they got the right coach.

He bailed quickly, but still; they turned it around.
d78230
AG
When I was in school back in the '80's, Jackie sherrill said the same thing. That tough sob backed up his talk and sure enough we started kicking the crap out of the old swc foes after a couple of years.

Just pounding them on the ground and through the air. The foundation of the wrecking crew.

The good ol days.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Fsanmig
quote:
This team will get it turned around, don't you worry. This is just a slight hiccup like we thought it would be before the season started. Once all this talent gets on track it's going to be something special. So get your licks in while you can

Said every year since 1939.....SMH
72jag
AG
So lame. This is as bad as wait til next year.
JustisWalkert
AG
Not saying we won't turn it around but this is more than a slight hiccup.
Bullfest
Was fortunate enough to visit with Jeremiah Castille before the game for a while. Jeremiah is Alabama's chaplain for the team. Awesome dude and he played for Bryant, went on to the NFL and has two sons that played in the NFL- currently works with Saban. I asked him if he sees any similarities between Bryant and Saban and he said the main one was that Saban works those kids so hard in practice. More interested in the character development than anything. He said he never lets up, doesn't matter who they're playing and has high expectations and doesn't let anyone slide- including his coaches. He knows Sumlin and likes him alot. He said that in his opinion A&M will rise up once we learn that we can't ever take a week off in the SEC. He said it's just a natural learning process and it takes some time but we have to go through this process to get there. In his opinion Alabama doesn't come close in facilities, proximity resources of talent as Texas A&M. Nothing earth shattering I know, just thought I'd share with ya'll that he predicts we will rise up.
ILuvAgLand
quote:
Was fortunate enough to visit with Jeremiah Castille before the game for a while. Jeremiah is Alabama's chaplain for the team. Awesome dude and he played for Bryant, went on to the NFL and has two sons that played in the NFL- currently works with Saban. I asked him if he sees any similarities between Bryant and Saban and he said the main one was that Saban works those kids so hard in practice. More interested in the character development than anything. He said he never lets up, doesn't matter who they're playing and has high expectations and doesn't let anyone slide- including his coaches. He knows Sumlin and likes him alot. He said that in his opinion A&M will rise up once we learn that we can't ever take a week off in the SEC. He said it's just a natural learning process and it takes some time but we have to go through this process to get there. In his opinion Alabama doesn't come close in facilities, proximity resources of talent as Texas A&M. Nothing earth shattering I know, just thought I'd share with ya'll that he predicts we will rise up.

That's good bull
Sublette County
AG
Remember when Fran made the Jackie throwback "get your licks in" quote in 2003? Texags ate that **** up.
67walkon
Op ....love you brah......but get a cat! We sucked beyond sucking Saturday!
Ninety3Ag
AG
I'm sure Auburn will get a few licks in....and maybe even take a bite or two.
sprockethead
Translation of opening post:

"Wait 'till next year!"

My dad was an Ag, so between 18 years watching him suffer before I signed up, and the 30 years since I was there, I've heard it about a million times.

I still have faith and I think Sumlin is the right guy, but he needs to stop talking about how good the team is and prove it. It's looking more and more like it really was Johnny's team.

ANd just so it doesn't look like i am blaming it ALL on Sumlin, where is the player leadership on this team? The QB is a freshman, so why aren't seniors or juniors stepping up and LEADING?

I've watched this team struggle to find it's identity for decades now, and they still seem to be searching.
AggnHou
AG
quote:
What is he talking about, we been on vacation almost an entire month, let alone a week.
Rod Tidwell
AG
quote:
This is just a slight hiccup

Ha I like how you qualified this with the word "slight". As if calling a 59-0 loss a hiccup was a tad too harsh...
sapphire ag
"Wait 'till next year!"
My dad was an Ag, so between 18 years watching him suffer before I signed up, and the 30 years since I was there, I've heard it about a million times.
I've watched this team struggle to find it's identity for decades now, and they still seem to be searching."

Exactly, someone sent me link today we are 1-10 against SEC teams with an above .500 record
AGGIEZ12
quote:

WINNERthat definitely makes it less gaylet's have more of this!
AGGIEZ12
quote:
quote:

Said every year since 1939.....SMH

THIS! I'm F'n sick of waitingand I've only been waiting a few decades...
Artorias
AG
Next year is our year!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.