Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

when signing day comes

2,618 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by whatthehey78
12Howdy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we get blown out at Auburn and the team chooses to quit again. On signing day, we will no longer have a top 10 recruiting class. I can assure you that kids want to go where they can WIN, and other coaches are great to point out that A&M cant/hasn't won without JFF. One or two bad losses can be overcome, but if we have 4 conference blow out losses in one year.... recruits will be bolting. We are on the very serious verge of being at the bottom of the SEC west for years to come
Sharpshooter
AG
Go back to Sh ****.
Teslag
AG
I'll give you $100 for every 4 star we lose. You give me $100 for every 4 star we keep.

You on?
Fsanmig
quote:
Your schools success is based off a league you had nothing to do with 5 years ago. You literally are using another conferences success as your own....pathetic

The Troll force is strong with this one..
Teslag
AG
quote:
Your schools success is based off a league you had nothing to do with 5 years ago. You literally are using another conferences success as your own....pathetic

And it's working. We own the state in recruiting. It does help that texas sucks worse than we do leaving few options for kids that don't want to leave the state.
12Howdy
No, our success in recruiting the past 2 years is based off an 11-2 season and a blow out win over a top big 12 team. A win over #1 in their house and having the best quarterback in college football history for 2 years.
fishinaggiegirl
AG
quote:
quote:

The Troll force is strong with this one..
he has banned on other threads...will be here soon
Jimtim1216
S
If these guys that are committed leave because of the losses this year, then you really do not want them.
If anything, with the last couple of classes some of these guys that have been on the bubble might switch over because they think they might get on the field next year.

Go into your closet and play with your..........
Bunny Ag
quote:
12Howdy
Leather,
I hate to tell you but I am a high school coach and several recruits are already grumbling and looking at other options. I hope we don't lose them, but I just know how the recruiting game works and how the kids of today think
Teslag
AG
Then take my deal
12Howdy
Kids do want to go somewhere that they think they can step in and play, but they REALLY want to be somewhere that they think they can win a championship. Plus, most of the top recruits are pretty confident and feel that they can go anywhere and take a starting spot.... so everyone who thinks recruits will come because they think they can play here as a freshman...NOT true.... sorry, but I talk to them EVERYDAY
Sharpshooter
AG
Leather, Howdy is a troll. He probably is not an Aggie, I doubt he is a coach of anything, and all he is trying to do is frame the conversation to advantage whatever second rate U he might have attended.
12Howdy
LOL... Ok, Ill take it.... since you don't know me and I don't know you, no $ will change hands.. you have dared me into a bet?? LOL
12Howdy
sharpshooter.... Class of '85 here and have coached for YEARS... you have no idea about me or anyone else on here
Sharpshooter
AG
quote:
sharpshooter.... Class of '85 here and have coached for YEARS... you have no idea about me or anyone else on here
True, I know nothing about you. I am sure you are a class of 85 from somewhere. Get your Agtag and you will convince me. Otherwise, go back to Shag gy.
Teslag
AG
quote:
LOL... Ok, Ill take it.... since you don't know me and I don't know you, no $ will change hands.. you have dared me into a bet?? LOL

Coward
aggiedent
AG
quote:
I hate to tell you but I am a high school coach and....

So your the 3489th guy claiming to be a coach with inside knowledge. I think that means every coach in Texas must be on TexAgs.
CactusThomas
AG
quote:
Leather,
I hate to tell you but I am a high school coach and several recruits are already grumbling and looking at other options. I hope we don't lose them, but I just know how the recruiting game works and how the kids of today think
What school do you coach at?
aggiedent
AG
quote:
Kids do want to go somewhere that they think they can step in and play, but they REALLY want to be somewhere that they think they can win a championship.

Reasons for kids choosing a school has been discussed ad nauseam. There are hundreds of reasons kids pick schools. Why do 5 star kids and top tier 4 star kids pick schools that have little chance of winning a championship, if what you say is true. I can give you a list of a couple dozen kids off the top of my head. You don't pick Baylor because you think you can win a NC.

You think you know a lot more than you really do.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
Leather,

So these recruits you say looking at other options are Aggie commits? If not then this is a useless statement. And I highly doubt you are a coach at a school with an Aggie commit. You wouldn't post on this message board if so.
aggiedent
AG
quote:
And I highly doubt you are a coach at a school with an Aggie commit. You wouldn't post on this message board if so.

Agreed.
Ian Neff
AG
Howdy,

Hugh Freeze did it. How? I DEMAND AN ANSWER FROM YOU STINKFACE.
vwbug
as we are learning - who cares what "star" they are. Sherman never cared about that - he knew how to develop talent. Now is ingame coaching needed some work, but if Sumlin wants to win they need to learn how to develop talent because it ain't happening right now.
12Howdy
No, my school does not have an Aggie commit, but I talk weekly with coaches from those schools.
as far as the Baylor comment, hate to tell you but right now Baylor has a better chance of getting in a 4 team playoff because they have been contenders to with their conference. They made a BCS bowl last year, yes I know they lost, but they got there.
and I am NOT saying that EVERY kid in America falls into the same category, some kids will not look at the chance to win a championship, as much as another kid. But if you think 4 SEC blowout losses in one year will not cause us to lose 2 or 3 kids who DO care about winning a championship, you are out of touch with reality.
12Howdy
Ian,
Yes, Ole Miss did get many high level recruits. I didn't say we wouldn't get some, I just said we will lose some if we continue to have SEC blowout losses. Obviously, Freeze and his staff know how to recruit, and I believe that Sumlin does also. I don't know what kind of "extra benefits" recruiting system that they use at Ole Miss, either... and believe me, everybody has one of those systems... maybe theirs is REALLY good, and if it gets you one or two high recruiting classes in a row and you develop your lesser recruits, guess what?? You end up with a damn good team in 3-4 years
1996OlAg
AG
The kids want to go somewhere with the best chance to play on Sunday
Dave Knesek
quote:
I can assure you that kids want to go where they can WIN
No they don't, they go where they think they will optimize their chances of a big pay-day in the NFL.

I don't think a tough season derails anything.
Swammy51
We'll hold this class together. Wafflers may slide, but I see us picking up one or two surprise commits. Kids want to play yesterday and have the best opportunity to contribute early. Coordinator changes a must. We still swag at the top.
whatthehey78
AG
WOW...maroon kool aid is dangerious/mind altering stuff. Show me any where 4 & 5 * recruits flock to and sign with 'historical losing' programs on any kind of long term basis.

Yea, I didn't think so.

For those that are drunk on the kool aid. Fact - the clear majority of high school studs historically sign with 'big name, big time, (all-the-time), WINNING programs'. First and foremost, they want to go where THEIR friends, family and NFL scouts can watch them CONTINUE to succeed and thus continue to absorb the love they are used to...not, where their blood/sweat is more or less wasted on pathetic, losing efforts, week in/week out, i.e., SMU, Rice, Vanderbilt, Kansas, Iowa St., Minnesota, Syracuse, Calif., NM State, etc., etc., etc.

If the 'tide' of top notch recruits so much as stalls, much less reverses...Sumlin's swag will disappear just as quickly as RC's did and we all know where that trend ends.

OH...and I don't care whether this site or it's readers make note whether I have an Ag Tag. Ole Army, two degrees ('78/'83) and retired. Used to have tag, but THIS site modified ITS rules (?) and the tag went 'gray' and now gone. Tried twice/failed to remedy...hence I don't care and too old to WASTE any more effort on so-called bragging rights. Deal with it!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.